College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a thought for LSU, why not make them go Lakers style (Yellow at home, Purple on the road, White alternate)

Because they've always worn white at home, and that's what they're known for uniform-wise. It would be like saying "why don't the Yankees wear a blue jersey at home and use the pinstripes as an alternate."

plus, you can't wear purple on the road. that would definitely not come close to working.

and, as far as them wearing the yellow, GeauxColonels is right. LSU HAS to have a colored jersey, and they elect to wear it a few times a year.

If purple was replaced with yellow, they would wear it once or twice. That's what the concept implies.

They don't have to have a colored jersey. I figured with you being an UGA fan, you'd know about Tech's dumbass uniforms.

Georgia Tech was forced to wear gold jerseys at home this year. So, they had to dig into their old uniforms from 2009.

It's because the road team can enforce their right to wear white. I'm not sure if that's a universal rule, or a conference rule, or whatever, but I'm assuming LSU has to at least have a colored jersey in the closet just in case a road team elects to don their road jerseys

They don't have to have a colored jersey. I figured with you being an UGA fan, you'd know about Tech's dumbass uniforms.

Georgia Tech was forced to wear gold jerseys at home this year. So, they had to dig into their old uniforms from 2009.

It's because the road team can enforce their right to wear white. I'm not sure if that's a universal rule, or a conference rule, or whatever, but I'm assuming LSU has to at least have a colored jersey in the closet just in case a road team elects to don their road jerseys

They still don't technically have to have a colored jersey. If that was the case the ACC or NCAA would have put their foot down and said you MUST have a colored jersey. And I know all about Tech being forced to wear something other than what they want. In 08, they had a gold out for the FSU game and FSU said "nah, we're good wearing garnet" so they had to wear white. Would have looked stupid as hell unless FSU busted out the garnet pants.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here's updates for the Southeastern Conference, complete with alternate uniforms. Any sets that show two pairs of pants represent interchangable alternates, so I don't have to export as many pictures to show all uniform options. Hope you guys like the finished product! The ACC is next!

(I still for the life of me cannot figure out why the colored facemasks are exporting with white in them.)

SEC

Florida: No changes here, but I did switch the helmet to the Revolution to make the concept as accurate as possible, considering the entire Florida team wears Riddell Revos. And, of course, I give you an orange alternate. uniforms-5.pnguniforms2-3.png

Georgia: Again, no changes except for alternate uniforms.uniforms-4.pnguniforms2-2.png

Kentucky: No changes for the Wildcats.uniforms-3.png

South Carolina: No changes for the Gamecocks except for all-black alternate.

uniforms-2.pnguniforms2-1.png

Tennessee: I was watching highlights from the UGA-UT game from 2005 and decided I really liked the simple look for Tennessee, with no pants stripes. Also, I decided against orange pants.

uniforms-1.png

Vanderbilt: I decided on black as the home jersey, changed the pants stripes to better match the jerseys, and also I used Vanderbilt's true basketball numbers instead of a stylized stock font.uniforms.pnguniforms2.png

Arkansas: I took the sleeve yokes off and added black trim all around the uniform.

uniforms-12.png

Alabama: Same uniform here.

uniforms-13.png

Auburn: Took some advice and dumped copperplate numbers for block numbers with trim. I also replicated the jersey stripe in the collar.

uniforms-6.png

uniforms2-4.png

LSU: Switched to the "Geaux" font for the numbers and brought the stripe all the way down to the jersey cut.

uniforms-14.png

Ole Miss: no change here.

uniforms-8.png

uniforms2-5.png

Mississippi State: no changes here either. Just fixed the piping on the back.

uniforms-7.png

This is definitely one of the best concept series going on right now, hopefully I can find some more time soon to do some more college football concepts.

Florida - Possibly the best Florida Concept I have seen, really love what you did for the Gators.

Georgia - Nice look, I've always kind of been iffy on Northwestern stripes for Georgia just because they would look like Auburn but you found a way to do it and still separate them.

Kentucky - Another one that looks really good, my only suggestion would be to connect the piping on the pants but then it would run across the butt so it might look kind of strange.

South Carolina - This one is up there with Florida, very unique design and it is just excellent.

Tennessee - I like the simple look, I'd prefer the pants stripe but it still looks good.

Vandy - Looks Good, really like the number font.

Alabama - Love what you did for my team, I've kind of become a fan of the sublimated houndstooth but I think this is what they should be wearing right now. It doesn't really mess with the tradition of the uniform.

Arkansas - I really like this one too, but I'd prefer the shoulder yokes on the away uniform.

Auburn - Not much of a change but the collar looks good.

LSU - Love the yellow jersey!

Ole Miss - Better then what they wear now

Mississippi State - This one looks good as well, but you still have the piping is still gray on the back of the away jerseys.

Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Florida needs the helmet stripes. It just looks silly without them. Same for the Gamecocks.I like the Razorbacks new look here over what they have now. For Georgia's black pants, I'd add a silver stripe but I guess teh intent is that they match the black shirts

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived