College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

Are the facemasks supposed to be two-toned? I don't have a problem with them, just confirming...you might be on to something there, though equipment managers would probably hate you :)

And it's your concept, but I'd like to see LSU with a purple jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. The helmets keep coming out like that when I export them from inkscape (svg to bmp)

I have no idea how to fix it, but hopefully i'll figure it out. I'd be amazed if you were serious...how in the world would anyone like two tone? haha.

These are fantastic. Great work as usual.

Florida- I agree that the helmet could use some stripes, otherwise perfect. Love the new helmets and overall design.

Kentucky- The double stripe design looks great. Very consistent throughout.

Arkansas- One of my favorites so far. The pattern looks great and adds a ton to the look.

Alabama- The houndstooth pattern is great, not overdone at all. Nice job of modernizing their overall look.

Auburn- Great job keeping the striping pattern consistent! I prefer the original collar design, but great work overall.

Ole Miss and Miss State are excellent as well. They all are, really.

Here's the ACC Atlantic. I still have not found a solution to the facemask problem, but I'm sure you can all look past it and get the concepts, regardless!

ACC Atlantic

Boston College

- As much as some people dislike BC's current number font, I'm never opposed to a number font that makes a team's identity unique, so I stuck with it. I do, however, hate the gold numbers. I switched them back to white. I also eliminated black except for the swooping eagle logo on the sleeves.

BostonCollegeOne.pngBostonCollegeTwo.png

Clemson

- The biggest detail of note here is the fact the away jersey numerals are now purple. I also trimmed the tiger paw logo with purple on the helmet and jerseys, and added the C logo to the set. And, purple is now in the white pants, to keep consistency.

ClemsonOne.pngClemsonTwo.png

Florida State

- The big change here is updating the spear and number font. I also eliminated the white pants and did some Nike'fying. The sleeve cuffs have an updated pattern on them, and the Seminole logo is emphasized. I also really wanted to have an all-black alternate. It's justified in their identity, and I think it would be cool for a night game a year.

FloridaStateOne.pngFloridaStateTwo.png

Maryland

-I hate Maryland's past uniform design, so this was an easy one for me. These uniforms are definitely based on the basketball and lacrosse team's identity. I wanted to keep things a little crazy and versatile as well, so this is my first concept with more than one helmet. MarylandOne.pngMarylandTwo.png

North Carolina State

-Not a big change here. I like simple uniforms, and NC State is two ugly logo patches away from having a nice set. I eliminated both logos from the jersey and kept things simple. Not much else to say here. I know it's nothing innovative.NCState.png

Wake Forest

-I have to bring up mbannon on this one, b/c his Wake concept was very similar. I guess I share his taste when it comes to the Deacons. Their current uniforms are dumb Nike piping away from being really nice. I took all piping off and added a unique pants stripe pattern, which you will notice stays the same on all three sets of pants. Another subtle change is the gold WF logo on the sleeves, which are black on the current set. The biggest upgrade here, in my book, is the removal of the awful two toned collar.WakeForestOne.pngWakeForestTwo.png

The only thing I'd change is switching the script on FSU's black pants to "Unconquered."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I agree about adding unconquered to the black FSU pants. The rest look good, except I think you might have to lose the outline on the Clemson logo. I've heard that they have certain rules, and when the paw is used it can only be solid white or solid orange.

These are all really good. BC and Clemson are both solid, although I feel that some contrasting cuffs on Clemson's jerseys would look better. Florida State is really nice. I like the more modern look, and the cuffs look great. Maryland is a HUGE improvement. I love the new basketball-inspired numbers and piping. However, I would try to add the terrapin logo in somewhere to add variety (I see six of the same logo), and I would take the sleeve piping and put it on the pants somewhere. NC State and Wake are solid also, although I'm not sold on Wake's pants. I really like the look of the white pants, so I would go with two colors on the black and gold pants as well.

These are all very nice. I love how you used the striping on Maryland, the whole uniform looks good. One big thing I think could make a big difference is using a double stripe pattern on the Boston College pants to match the jersey. Good work again, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of these.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm behind on these, so I'll give my critique for all of your concepts:

First off, you are an amazing designer. I love over 90% of your work, and can't wait for more and more divisions. I'll give an out-of-10 rating for each concept.

Florida: I absolutely love this concept. The use of the F logo, the subtle use of gator pattern in the numbers, everything. 10/10.

Georgia: I like this a lot. A nice improvement to Georgia's current unis. Nice, clean, and simple. Once again, 10/10.

Kentucky: This is a good, solid concept. Does Kentucky well. I especially like the pant striping. 9/10.

South Carolina: This is beautiful. I love the palmetto, and the pant striping and helmet logo are very nice choices. 10/10.

Tennessee: I like the simple look you're going with, but I would have kept the orange pants and maybe chose a different number font. But I think the orange pants were unique and made the concept great. 9/10, but only because you got rid of the orange pants. I like this better than Kentucky.

Vanderbilt: This concept is awesome. I absolutely love the number font, and the gold pants are cool. My one complaint is that I would've kept gold as the home primary. On second thought, the gold works better as an alt. But it's still a 10/10.

Arkansas: I love the sleeves and the use of the running razorback. Another perfect concept; 10/10.

Alabama: I don't feel the collar fits with the rest of the concept. Unfortunately, there's just not much to work with with 'Bama. 8/10.

Auburn: This is my favorite of all. I LOVE the collar! I want that to be real SO bad! It makes the concept, and fits in perfectly with all the other striping all over the uniform. And the orange alt is extremely cool, too. A very high 10/10.

LSU: Well, this is my second favorite concept. That font is awesome, the best in this entire series, and yellow is much better than purple. Another high 10/10.

Ole Miss: I was oo-ing and aw-ing in my seat over this. Beautiful and simplistic. That's 3 concepts in a row that would have been 11/10 if it was possible. 10/10.

Mississippi State: I'm not a big fan, but it's not awful. It's actually pretty good, but the giant block font kind of spoils it. 8/10.

Boston College: This is actually probably my favorite. It's just too hard to tell with the sustained quality of your work. Once again, the number font is awesome and the concept flows really well. I especially love the gold alt. Looks great; 10/10.

Clemson: Don't get me wrong, this is a great concept, but isn't quite the creativity of LSU, Auburn, And BC (granted, you didn't have much to work with). 9.5/10.

Florida State: Once again, I love the number font and the pants are very cool with the SEMINOLES script. The best part of this concept is probably the black-out, IMO. This is among the best, 10/10. Wait, is that black-out facemask a gradient? Wow!

Maryland: This is very nice; definitely an improvement. I especially like the number font and sleeves. 10/10.

North Carolina State: This is very boring, IMO. I know you didn't have much to work with, so I can't take much away from you. I guess not every concept can blow me away, however; sometimes you just gotta go back to the basics. I'll say a fairly low 8/10.

Wake Forest: I like this, but I would like to suggest something. Since a lot of NCAA teams use black and gold, why not use a dark forest green instead of black? I think this could work very well. Right now, it's good, but not great as some of your other concepts were. I really think you should try dark forest green, so 9/10 for now. Oh, and you should add something extra to the pants to spruce it up a little bit. That could add some "pizazz".

Well, that's it; I hope you take my few suggestions into suggestion. As you can see, most of these are perfect or near perfect.

Now my fingers are tired. ^_^

25yzwqg.png

@anythingchicago

Thanks for the feedback! I wouldn't be too keen with changing Wake Forest's colors, but I get your point. And, actually no, none of the facemasks so far are intended to be gradient. I've got a terrible exporting problem on my hands...with trial and error it will eventually get fixed.

@vmd9

While I'm not down with changing school's colors, as stated above, I definitely won't let an existing style guide preference get in the way of the Clemson concept.

Love the Florida State. The only other tweak I'd suggest would be the patterning that is on the sleeves should also be on the collar.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

ACC Coastal

***DOES ANYONE WHO USES THIS TEMPLATE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH FACEMASKS THAT i'VE HAD?? IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS NOW.

Duke

-I've never understood why Duke's football uniforms were made to be Colts replicas. Their current identity in most other sports is great, and I love the balance of blue and black. These uniforms were a little pc'ified in my revamp madness, but I toned them down and updated the pants stripe here.

DukeOne.png

DukeTwo.png

Georgia Tech

-I'm definitely not a fan of Tech's current uniforms. Georgia Tech is a school steeped in tradition, and their uniforms reflected that until 2008 rolled around. I went back to the Gailey era look, but made some changes and updates to make them look like uniforms from 2011, not 2000. And, I had a little bit of fun with the alternative options.

GeorgiaTechOne.png

GeorgiaTechTwo.png

Miami (FL)

-This is another concept that comes from my revamp madness. I really like the palm/flying ibis incorporation of Miami's pro combat uniforms, but hated the execution in the pants. Here's a cleaner uniform that would definitely be "out there", but Miami can get away with it.

MiamiTwo.png

MiamiOne.png

North Carolina

-No suprise here, I went with the argyle. How can you not, right? I also wanted to make the navy alternate uniform look better by making the numbers white with carolina blue trim.

NorthCarolinaOne.png

NorthCarolinaTwo.png

Virginia

-My heart broke into a few pieces when Virginia ruined their last uniform set with the 2010 ones. Their current pants are awful, in my opinion, and the removal of the sleeve logo took their identity out of their uniform. I used a stylized number font and logo placement to give Virginia an updated look over their older set without making them look generic.

VirginiaOne.png

VirginiaTwo.png

Virginia Tech

-I was one of the few people who didn't look VaTech's switch to classic uniforms. The contradicting logos and clash of the metallic helmet and the simple, and clunky jerseys really bugs me. I did, however, like their set unveiled in 2009...I just wasnt a fan of the way the orange stopped around the back of the jersey. I tried to clean that look up, and kept things a little "hokie", if you will.

VirginiaTechOne.png

VirginiaTechTwo.png

Duke: I remember these from your previous thread, and I loved them then. I'm not a fan of the new pants stripe though...I would go with a basic Northwestern stripe, matching the stripe on the sleeve.

GT: Much better with what they have now, but I'm not sure about the double stripe on the sleeve and triple stripes everywhere else.

Miami: Once again, I remember these from the other thread and I love 'em. Great striping. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the "Canes" wordmark under the collar. It's a little too crowded with the collar logo as well.

UNC: Great use of the argyle. You didn't overdo it, which is good. I also like that you used the basketball team's numbers.

Virginia: Big improvement over their new unis.

Va Tech: Love, love, love these. Maybe my favorite so far. You took their modern look and made it presentable. I love the sleeves, and the pants design is great.

Great work Brave Bird!

You've got a couple errors that don't fit the templates:

Missing pant color inserts on the alts for UNC.

Colored collars on the back of Miami that do not wrap around to the front (doesn't fit the template).

As for the actual concepts, they're quite good without being outrageous. I could see these on the field! I'm not a fan of some of the pants striping (UVA, Miami, VT) but that's just me. Good series thus far.

Archived