College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a chance to look at the ACC finally...WOW. Love them all. Specifically, the Florida State number font. GREAT. Is that a custom job on your end or is that a font you downloaded/purchased somewhere?

Also, back to LSU for a second, where did you get the "Geaux Font"?

gYH2mW9.png

@geauxcolonels

Both fonts are traced.

That "5" for FSU is from their pro combat number font. The "2" for LSU is worn on the basketball jerseys.

I simply found pictures on google images of both and spent time duplicating them with the pen tool.

I wish it would be as easy as downloading fonts, though. Some are easier to find than others.

@geauxcolonels

Both fonts are traced.

That "5" for FSU is from their pro combat number font. The "2" for LSU is worn on the basketball jerseys.

I simply found pictures on google images of both and spent time duplicating them with the pen tool.

I wish it would be as easy as downloading fonts, though. Some are easier to find than others.

I see. I didn't even notice that FSU font on the real unis. They look great on the concept.

gYH2mW9.png

BB--

You are one talented person. I love these concepts. Question: Ever thought about perhaps making Maryland's stripes down their leg with the terrapin? Also, I love the GT white helmet. Really looking forward to seeing the rest!

Duke: Love the sleeve design and pant striping, but I think it would look better without the double outline. I don't think three helmets is necessary either. I'd ditch the white helmet and keep the all-black set.

Georgia Tech: It's hard to go wrong with them. I think they look good in modern uniforms and traditional and these are no exception. I think it would look better if the pants stripe was thinner since the sleeve stripes are so thin. And I think the gold pants would look better with some white in them. Great job here.

Miami: Another great design here. It looks a little cluttered around the neck with the logo and wordmark. Besides that, there's really nothing that needs changing.

North Carolina: The argyle looks great, same with the navy blue jersey and pants. The helmet looks a little out of place with the traditional stripes now, though. I think argyle on the helmet or no stripe would look better.

Virginia: I'm getting a little bit of a Broncos feel to this, mainly because of the pants stripe. It still looks great though. It's got a minimalist quality, but is still kind of modern and gets the team's identity across. Nothing really I'd change here except maybe some piping on the outside of the pant stripe.

Virginia Tech: I loved that 2009 set and these are great as well. That jersey style is something that I think is underused for how good it is. It's modern, but not over the top. Perfect for Virginia Tech.

This is by far the best part of the series so far (which is saying a lot.) I like every team you put out here, can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I also just noticed that the Duke sleeve logos exported weird, and some of the concepts have fuzzy edges. I really don't know why inkscape has been exporting so bad

Which template are you using? I have Inkscape and can try to see how it exports on my machine.

gYH2mW9.png

All of these concepts are awesome, but three really stick out.

Maryland: Great job incorporating elements from the basketball team's identity. The helmet looks sooooooooo much better with the M logo than the Terps script. Also wouldn't mind seeing the Terrapin logo incorporated somewhere, maybe as the sleeve logo.

Duke: I'm not a fan of Duke using black, but when it's as well-executed as this, I'm willing to give it a pass. I agree with others in that I don't really like the pants stripe. Northwestern stripes to match the helmets would make those uniforms look perfect (Did I just call a Duke concept perfect? Ugh.) I'd also stick with the blue helmet and nix the black alts.

UNC: Those jerseys are one of the best jobs incorporating argyle into our football identity that I've seen. But argyle on the pants is overkill. They'd look much better with stripes that matched the helmets. I'm also against UNC ever wearing navy alts, but they do look much better with the white numbers than blue ones.

Alright, here's a couple of concepts. I'm heading to Cincinnati and won't work on the rest of the Big XII until later in the week, so I figured I'd drop what I have done.

Baylor

- You will notice OFFICIAL school colors will become a prominent theme, especially in this conference. I think Baylor's current green and gold is great, and these were flawless uniforms. But, the current uniforms stink, and honestly I don't think Baylor gets away with classic looking uniforms. They should lean in the modern direction, so I kicked them that way. You will notice I made a custom number font that matches their wordmark.

BaylorOne.pngBaylorTwo.png

Oklahoma

-I wanted to implement Oklahoma's school colors of crimson and cream, without throwing off the helmet. I've seen a lot of Oklahoma concepts with TONS of cream, and overall the concept is lacking. I wanted to be subtle, but still hit all of the nails in. Their current cherry red lid is my favorite in college football, and I did nothing to mess with its simplicity. To make cream work, I simply give Oklahoma an alternative set of cream pants...worn for road and home games, but on occasion. The home pants now have cream in the pants stripe, and both jerseys have subtle cream trim.OklahomaOne.png

I love that you changed Baylor back to this color, instead of the vegas-esque gold. Also, instead of the stripe things on the shoulders, have you thought about including a Bear paw like this? Baylor-Bears-ALT.jpg

I'm a fan of the green helmet, too.

I love the Oklahoma ones--particularly the cream pants. I must say, it's a bit odd to see OU without the "Sooners" word mark, but it is a nice change. Ever think of giving OU a cream colored helmet?

Oklahoma's road set looks pretty bad. Someone did a concept on here just like that for Nebraska or Indiana...white jerseys with cream pants... and it looks like someone screwed up the laundry.

Baseball teams would look awful if they wore white jerseys with cream pants. Football teams would not look any better.

ACC teams all look really good...especially Maryland, UVA, and UNC.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

@geaux

It's Andrew Harrington's. I can send it to you if you (if you use svg.)if give me your email. You can download it in ai as well, but I dont have that file...youd have to fish for it.

I use Inkscape so it should work.

GeauxColonels@cox.net

Thanks!

gYH2mW9.png

Hey Brave-Bird, do you think you could do a link page at the opening of the thread for easy browsing to each design? Makes it easy for quick reviews of the finished product. :)

Go Cougs.

Can't wait for an update: this is one of the best series I've seen here. I know it takes a lot of effort and time to put together a series such as this; it is greatly enjoyed by those of us who see it!

I agree this is definitely one of the best concepts running right now. I love what you did with Virgina's uniform, I have to agree with you they really wrecked their uniforms last season. I also love Vanderbilt and Wake Forest something about that black and gold just looks amazing.

Great job, keep it up

Archived