Bear Logo

Vicious

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that last update is the only one that didnt improve. i see a lot of problematic areas here, but this is a really nice start. ill point them out later tonight when i get home. also, dont worry about the stroke on the outside yet, you're quite far from that step right now. i have a couple of questions that you need to consider to really finish this up nice

what sport would this be for? what rank? (pro, college, semi pro)

how would it be used? (shoulder patch? primary mark?)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

that last update is the only one that didnt improve. i see a lot of problematic areas here, but this is a really nice start. ill point them out later tonight when i get home. also, dont worry about the stroke on the outside yet, you're quite far from that step right now. i have a couple of questions that you need to consider to really finish this up nice

what sport would this be for? what rank? (pro, college, semi pro)

how would it be used? (shoulder patch? primary mark?)

I was thinking it could be either a College primary or an NFL secondary (thus the Chicago Bears color scheme.

I look forward to your insight.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

I think you misunderstood me.

Look at these bears then compare them to yours.

Baylor_bear_logo.gif

200px-CharlotteCheckersAHL.PNG

AlaskaAces03.jpg

None of these bears have fluffy faces. Instead of focusing on the shape of the fur, focus on the shape of the face.

I think you misunderstood me.

Look at these bears then compare them to yours.

Baylor_bear_logo.gif

200px-CharlotteCheckersAHL.PNG

AlaskaAces03.jpg

None of these bears have fluffy faces. Instead of focusing on the shape of the fur, focus on the shape of the face.

Oh, I see what you're saying now. yeah, I guess I didnt envision my bear to be so....smooth? I will give it a shot making it smooth, but I think bears can be furry. I would say that they are more furry than they are completely smooth.

But like I said, I will give it a shot and post results. I appreciate your input.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

My daughter was watching the movie Brother Bear last night, and I got to thinking about this concept. The "furriness" issue doesn't have to be all or none. In the movie, they had subtle lines to signify fur. I think you just need to tone it back a bit and not make it as choppy and you will capture it perfectly.

2psf71z.png

going back to this one, as i feel its the best so far. the yellow circles are pointing out tangents, where 2 elements (shapes or colors) are meeting each other. the dont overlap or have any space between them. they should do one of those, not slightly touch. thats bad visually and for production.

i adjusted the mouth/teeth area just slightly. the top of the upper teeth and blue space around the tongue.

the overall shape has to be simplified still, but i think you've picked up on that now. theres way too many spikes of fur all around it. the fur on the side of the mouth is moving in a different direction than the rest of it. make it so it all is moving in the same direction, or at least forms the face better. note the shapes in the Bengals and Huskies logos.

377.gifUConn1.gif

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Looking good vicious! Just as a side point thingy, something that bothers me is that the bear is kind of smiling or laughing. The shadow on the fur by it's mouth curls up in a smiling shape and looks like he's either about to eat something delicious or is watching Tosh.0

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

His face is still a little fuzzy. The only way I can describe it is to trim up his "sideburns," or nose-ish area. He's got a bunch of fur coming off the sides of his mouth and nose.

I did this in paint in literally 11 seconds, so it's way rough, but this is what I'm meaning. Left side is original, right side is edit. A bear's snout has short fur.

bear.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Im taking a break after this. Changed the tension points where elements were almost touching, changed the tongue, and am starting to round out the head. Obviously not a finished peice, just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction. im starting to think it looks more like a badger now. Maybe i shouldnt go behind the chin, and I should just bring the "mane all the way down?

I appreciate all of your insight. Thank you, and keep it coming. I really want this to turn out to be a cool peice to put in my portfolio.

Picture15.png

Picture21.png

I think you're on the right track. Seems a lil cub'ish in the face now, but definitely looks like a bear cub... Little fuller face and extend the outline below the jaw. I would use that pic of the bear sent a while back as good guide. I am not fond of the Baylor Bear logo.

Keep up the great work and GO BLUE! ;-)

It's a shame youve changed it again. I realle liked how it was before. Why can't a bear be furry? :rolleyes: Bears are furry and to say they are not, well, its all about the imagination and the way one sees it. It can be both.

Your first designs were great. The only thing I would have changed are the eyes.

Picture14.png

Picture11-1.png

Yeah IMO the eyes look weird. Try and make the eye shape similar to the shape of the eye sockets, also add a pupil. Also the teeth look way too rounded, instead of a ferocious bear it looks like a bear with some of those plastic vampire teeth, they're not sharp enough.

just wanted everyone to know that I haven't given up on this. I've been busy with other work, but I actually went back to the ol tracing paper with a print out of the essentials of the logo so I can re-work the shape of the head. I think I have it where I want it, or pretty close. I'm going to scan and work some Illustration magic.

Thanks for all the help.

Picture21.png

Archived