Bear Logo

Vicious

OK...here's what Ive done. I re worked the face, changed the eyes to match the shadow of the eye more, changed the fur on the snout, sharpened the teeth, re did the tongue, and I think thats about it.

Still not sure about where the chin area meets the rest of the head. If I make the head go past the chin, it loses its shape, and looks wonky.

Still taking critiques. This has been a very fun project so far.

Picture18.png

Picture17.png

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking good now!

i like these eyes better but i think they need a bit of work still. im horrible with eyes so maybe take a look at how Davidson does it. maybe you can have some sort of pupil?

edit - its easier for me to show you than to explain, so i did a quick trace over and re worked some areas. just simplifying it some. like i said im terrible with eyes, id shoot Davidson a PM about that

15xptfc.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Ok, BrandN, I tweaked some of the things you suggested. Thank you very much for seeing me through this.

I really like where this has gone, and it is only getting better. Im going to PM Fraser and see what he has to say.

Picture19.png

Picture21.png

I appreciate all Bear logos, coming from a city where bears play such a povital role whether it's the city's history, flag, seal and all that.

Color combos wise I like the Orange/Blue the best.

I too thought that the "sideburns" or whatever you wanna call them were a bit much and somehow made the bear look kinda weird. I liked where pianoknight was going with.

bear.png

the only other thing that didn't seem right to me were also the eyes, which I think BrandNstudio came up with a good solution.

15xptfc.png

I appreciate all Bear logos, coming from a city where bears play such a povital role whether it's the city's history, flag, seal and all that.

Color combos wise I like the Orange/Blue the best.

I too thought that the "sideburns" or whatever you wanna call them were a bit much and somehow made the bear look kinda weird. I liked where pianoknight was going with.

bear.png

the only other thing that didn't seem right to me were also the eyes, which I think BrandNstudio came up with a good solution.

15xptfc.png

The only thing I dont like about BrandN's suggestion about the eyes is that it seems like it loses its intensity with those eyes.

I cant help but to think of Brak from spaceghost coast to coast. lol

the-brak-show-vol-1.jpg

This is what I came up with.

*Edit: I angled the eyes to look more menacing.

Picture23.png

I dont want it to sound like I am ungrateful for the time that BrandN has given trying to make my design better. He is a hell of a designer, and the type of people we need on these boards now more than ever. Thank you, and thank all of you who have helped out on this project. I think it is nearly completed, but of course I'm always open for suggestions.

Picture21.png

i think its looking good now man, its come a long way. and the process of this thread is often very much the same in the "real world" and dealing with clients. you just keep hammering away on a concept until its right. i think it would be a sweet Chicago Bears alternate logo

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't mean to come off as nitpicky, but I can't stop focusing on how the left side of the cheek indents. It seems a bit disruptive compared to the right side. It doesn't have to be perfectly uniform but I think the overall shape should be consistent.

I think the eyes could be simplified just a little more. I'm concerned at the potential loss of detail when shrunken down. The left eye for example. For lack of a better description, it's got the two prongs extending out. When you shrink it down, it becomes unnoticeable.

The teeth look a bit like those fake vampire teeth to me. I think a little more definition could be added in between the fangs. Ridges or something. Nothing major.

One other nitpicky thing. The lower left side of the chin, the orange extends past the blue stroke.

I like the update to the nose. It is subtle, but effective. The nostril lines weren't necessary.

Overall I really like this piece. I think the varying line thickness is done very effectively, and I really like the angle.

Changed the shape of the face on our left side a bit. made it a little more round to match the other side.

Changed the eyes a bit to make the easier to scale down and keep clarity.

(color change was just random, trying out different schemes)

Picture32.png

Picture21.png

I think it needs a much thicker keyline. it's really thin, especially as it goes towards the bottom. Look at how davidson does his outermost strokes, how thick they are, it makes them look much more logo-like than drawing-like

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived