Jerseys fouls

charger77

We all know its douchey to get your name on a jersey. But what if a player has your last name, is it douchey to get that jersey?

I am thinking about getting a player that has my last name and was wondering what the Jersey Wearing Court of Opinion though.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take: if the player has your last name, then the jersey is fair game - provided that you're a fan of the team in question.

I should note that I'm not that adamant about it one way or the other. Do you.

Does the player jersey you have in mind have a roster spot on the Red Wings? :P

Actually, you raised a valid question as I have noticed a variety of "douchey" customized Caps jerseys while attending home games and also highlighted across the innernets. To answer your question, I don't believe it is a sports jersey faux pas to purchase a player jersey who has the same last name as you. However, as vaguely hinted at within my sarcastic question, it depends on how often you are going to wear the jersey and if the player is on a rival teams roster or not.

Does the player jersey you have in mind have a roster spot on the Red Wings? :P

Actually, you raised a valid question as I have noticed a variety of "douchey" customized Caps jerseys while attending home games and also highlighted across the innernets. To answer your question, I don't believe it is a sports jersey faux pas to purchase a player jersey who has the same last name as you. However, as vaguely hinted at within my sarcastic question, it depends on how often you are going to wear the jersey and if the player is on a rival teams roster or not.

Its a player from the 1980s (Not the Wings!)

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

We all know its douchey to get your name on a jersey.

By all means...explain.

Its been long accepted in the CCSLC Book of Jersey Rules that buying a jersey and getting your name put on it is a major no-no.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I disagreee with the douchery. I wear my own name on my shirts. My reason is simple. That guy can leave my team at any moment. My team will always be mine. Granted for my soccer jerseys I wear my nickname but in any case, "it's my jersey I'll wear it how I want"! (Cartman accent and attitude on this one)!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I got a custom made Bears jersey as a gift, and I wear it. Because nobody cares.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't get my name on a jersey because to me it symbolizes that I am on the roster... which I am no.

And as for getting a player's jersey with a similar name, no problem. Just make sure you are a fan of either player or team.

I hesitate to get an Asante Samuel jersey when he was with the Pats. But once he went to Philly, I grabbed it

Go A's!

By all means...explain.

Its been long accepted in the CCSLC Book of Jersey Rules that buying a jersey and getting your name put on it is a major no-no.

If you pay good money for a jersey, you can put whatever you want on it. Douchery is a jack@ss term used on other uniform sites. Lets not turn CCSLC into that.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

By all means...explain.

If you pay good money for a jersey, you can put whatever you want on it. Douchery is a jack@ss term used on other uniform sites. Lets not turn CCSLC into that.

Agreed... if anyone is the douche in that situation, it's the guy who cares so much that some guy he doesn't even know or will ever see again is *gasp, God forbid* wearing a jersey with his name on it. Anyone who finds that to be such a big offense needs to get his head checked.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

By all means...explain.

Agreed... if anyone is the douche in that situation, it's the guy who cares so much that some guy he doesn't even know or will ever see again is *gasp, God forbid* wearing a jersey with his name on it. Anyone who finds that to be such a big offense needs to get his head checked.

And the punchline of the CCSLC finally voices the opinion that nobody really gives a crap about.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

When you drop the kind of money you do to buy a jersey, you put whatever name on it you want. STOP by all means living by rules other people made up. If someone thinks it's bad to put your name on your jersey, just ask him to buy you a jersey with a player's name on it and you will gladly wear it, if not, he needs to take a piece of duct tape and put it over his mouth because no one wants to hear him run his mouth! And if someone wants to comment to me about the name on my jersey that isn't a player's name, then I'll walk right by them laugh at them while calling them a "complete loser by worrying about what name is on the back of a jersey".

i don't have much of a problem with people having their last name on jerseys, it's just people who have nicknames on em that bug me

how does this NOT bug you?

Big%2BLou.jpgbest%2Bdad.jpg

pyrkos.jpgpatchahog.jpeg

1108081546.jpeg

2 idiot points to the guy who has the WRONG FONT. If your gonna spend the money, get the font right.

As for the "your own last name" argument, Who cares? I have a pre-reebok Avalanche 3rd that was given to me as a gift. It has my las name and number on it, but I still wear it because it was a thoughtful gift. How many people are really gonna know if I have the jersey of some no name dude who I happened to be a fan of or if it's actually my name?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

If there was a player that had the same last name as me, I would definitely buy it (unless he was on the Red Wings, then I'd wait until he switched teams.) I have a fairly uncommon name, though, so I'll be waiting a while until that ever happens. Personally, I'll never customize a jersey with my own name on it, it's just not for me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If there was a player that had the same last name as me, I would definitely buy it (unless he was on the Red Wings, then I'd wait until he switched teams.) I have a fairly uncommon name, though, so I'll be waiting a while until that ever happens. Personally, I'll never customize a jersey with my own name on it, it's just not for me.

And another member of the CCSLC Red Wings haters is found.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

And another member of the CCSLC Red Wings haters if found.

The He Man Red Wings Haters Club

President - charger77

Vice President - DelayedPenalty

Treasurer - Billy B

By all means...explain.

In my defense, the Manchester United jersey I got with my name on it was bought for me when I was 14.

Also, I'd like to apply to be the Sergeant-at-Arms of the Red Wings Haters Club.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived