Jerseys fouls

charger77

i don't have much of a problem with people having their last name on jerseys, it's just people who have nicknames on em that bug me

how does this NOT bug you?

Big%2BLou.jpgbest%2Bdad.jpg

pyrkos.jpgpatchahog.jpeg

1108081546.jpeg

2 idiot points to the guy who has the WRONG FONT. If your gonna spend the money, get the font right.

Additional douchebag points for anyone putting #69 on their jersey, unless it's an actual player jersey.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know its douchey to get your name on a jersey.

By all means...explain.

Its been long accepted in the CCSLC Book of Jersey Rules that buying a jersey and getting your name put on it is a major no-no.

In my defense, the Manchester United jersey I got with my name on it was bought for me when I was 14.

Also, I'd like to apply to be the Sergeant-at-Arms of the Red Wings Haters Club.

It would make a lot of sense that you hate the Duke Blue Devils of hockey. Hopefully they will be dead tomorrow night.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

i don't have much of a problem with people having their last name on jerseys, it's just people who have nicknames on em that bug me

Big%2BLou.jpg

pyrkos.jpg

2 idiot points to the guy who has the WRONG FONT. If your gonna spend the money, get the font right.

Additional douchebag points for anyone putting #69 on their jersey, unless it's an actual player jersey.

Agreed!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

1108081546.jpeg

Oh my god, that last one is at the Mercyhurst Ice Center in Erie! That's my college! I announce games there, but I've never seen that jersey walking around. I'd make fun of the guy in person for that one. Anybody know when that was taken? Crazy!

These two posts, the Bill of Rights and an addendum to them, really is the end-all and be-all of Jersey Fouls. It covers pretty much everything. I have a few with my name on the back, all from before I knew of this. I think the exception is if you're playing in it. My goalie jersey is a Wild jersey with my name on the back, and I'm proud of it. My biggest pet peeve is the "he never wore that" jersey, where the era is all wrong (#3 on the list)

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/15362-jersey-foul-bill-of-rights-12-16-08

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/14217-jersey-foul-bill-of-rights-amendments-8-31-09

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

By all means...explain.

Its been long accepted in the CCSLC Book of Jersey Rules that buying a jersey and getting your name put on it is a major no-no.

In my defense, the Manchester United jersey I got with my name on it was bought for me when I was 14.

Also, I'd like to apply to be the Sergeant-at-Arms of the Red Wings Haters Club.

You're in, the more the merrier. Ice Cap is in too. I'd assume Admiral's application is in the mail.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

pyrkos.jpgpatchahog.jpeg

1108081546.jpeg

They don't bug me because it's probably a nickname they and their buddies share a laugh about. As far as Best Dad, if his kids or wife bought that for him, let him wear it! And I don't remember seeing a rule book on jersey wear on this site. The few do not speak for the many. And about the number 69, it's definitely overused by people who have no business advertising it. LOL!! :puke:

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

By all means...explain.

You're in, the more the merrier. Ice Cap is in too. I'd assume Admiral's application is in the mail.

I just want to be in the Red Wings Fan Haters Club.

By all means...explain.

I just want to be in the Red Wings Fan Haters Club.

We hate both, you have a lifetime membership available for whenever you choose to accept it.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

pyrkos.jpgpatchahog.jpeg

1108081546.jpeg

Who cares? it's their jersey. How does something that someone else is wearing make your life any less enjoyable? They can do whatever they want to it

By all means...explain.

It would make a lot of sense that you hate the Duke Blue Devils of hockey. Hopefully they will be dead tomorrow night.

Notice all of the Chicago-related stuff in my sig.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Heres my take:

I would recommend not getting a jersey customized. I think "yeah it is tacky, but then again, who am i to judge other people" so there's my naswer for that. it is in the No-no's but I'm not gonna stop it.

As for jerseys with your name NOT customized. Go for it. I've been thinking about grabbing an Aldon Smith 49er's jersey. he's a 6-4, huge black guy who happened to play for my favorite college. I am the complete opposite of him but I think he is a great player, and I'm a fan. Everyone knows I'm a huge MU fan, and not really a 49ers fan, so they'd put the 2 together and let me off the hook.

The aforementioned United jersey is the only customized one I have. I've also got Antoine Cason (former Wildcat) and Nate Kaeding (I wanted something unique that no one else would have) Chargers jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How does something that someone else is wearing make your life any less enjoyable?

Something about seeing that quote in the CCSLC makes me shake my head.

I've always thought of this as a good place to critique logos and jerseys themselves, but I don't get hating people for wearing customizable jerseys. I think that critiquing, say, the Predators' logos or jerseys is a lot different than insulting some random guy just for wearing a customizable Predators jersey with his name on it.

It would be like going to a forum about discussing television shows, and criticizing a guy for watching television on a TV that you don't like. They are related (I guess), but critiquing one thing has nothing to do with critiquing the other.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

How does something that someone else is wearing make your life any less enjoyable?

I've always thought of this as a good place to critique logos and jerseys themselves, but I don't get hating people for wearing customizable jerseys. I think that critiquing, say, the Predators' logos or jerseys is a lot different than insulting some random guy just for wearing a customizable Predators jersey with his name on it.

It would be like going to a forum about discussing television shows, and criticizing a guy for watching television on a TV that you don't like. They are related (I guess), but critiquing one thing has nothing to do with critiquing the other.

Who said the person was hated? Many posters here including myself think its lame for a person to get a jersey with their name on if they are not on the team. Its not an indictment on the person, just a practice that many here think is a bit tacky.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Who said the person was hated? Many posters here including myself think its lame for a person to get a jersey with their name on if they are not on the team. Its not an indictment on the person, just a practice that many here think is a bit tacky.

So we could say it's lame to have a simpson's avatar? you wouldn't mind that?

Not at all.

A lot of people may think its really dorky that at 31 I am a closet wrestling fan, but I really don't care. Yeah I get it that to many being a 31 year old wrestling fan is dorky but it really doesn't matter to me.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Not at all.

A lot of people may think its really dorky that at 31 I am a closet wrestling fan, but I really don't care. Yeah I get it that to many being a 31 year old wrestling fan is dorky but it really doesn't matter to me.

I don't care if someone likes wrestling or the simpsons. It's their choice, and I really don't feel the need to judge or criticize someone for that. I just find it odd for people to criticize someone for wearing whatever they want.

Archived