Jerseys fouls

charger77

I was at game 3 of the Nuggets-Thunder series and I sat behind a guy who did not wear a shirt underneath his jersey. It's not like it was even warm outside. It was in the 40's. He wasn't in shape either. By the third quarter I was sick of looking at his big fat arms with his stupid barbed wire tattoo. That's right, he had a barbed wire tattoo!

New jersey foul for me: unless you're on the floor playing, wear a damn shirt underneath your basketball jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with "don't put your own name on your jersey" stance, but I think if some thought is put into it, I propose the rule can be circumvented.

EXAMPLE A: I am a Seattle Seahawks fan. I get a customized jersey with my name and number 12, which is retired by the team for the fanbase.

EXAMPLE B: I am a Calgary Flames fan. I get a customized jersey with my nickname and the number 80, to represent the year the Flames moved to Calgary from Atlanta and I became a Flames fan. (1980)

P.S.: I am guilty of both A and B. Discuss.

I would never get my name on a jersey, but I have better things to worry about than if you do...and as has been pointed out, if someone gets a gift and appreciate the thought enough to wear it, goof for them.

But I admit I do get judgmental about a few things:

• 69. Pure tool.
  • WAY back in the day at a North Stars game I saw someone with either an authentic jersey or a very good replica with great lettering/numbering. The number, 22, belonged to Ulf Dahlen. Getting a marginal player like Ulf Dahlen I have no issue with. However, the last name read "ULFFIE". He put the full tackle twill treatment and made the jersey look great and then "ULLFIE". Ugh.
  • For me (and many of us geeks) a jersey foul is getting a nice replica (or even, in some cases, an authentic) and having the local t-shirt shop silk screen a set of one-color block numbers/letters when the team should have two-color custom font and the quality of the jersey calls for sticthing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The only jersey foul I find unforgivable is NOB Yankee jerseys. Nearly anything else -- 69s included -- I can live with.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I really don't give a crap what others wear, but I have rules for myself. Granted, if I see others breaking these rules, I'll think less of them, but hey, it's their choice.

1. No personalized jerseys. The only exception is if the jersey is for a league you're playing in.

2. If you're getting a throwback player, get a throwback jersey. If you're getting a current player, they better have at least worn that throwback jersey.

3. As DG said, names aren't on Yankees jerseys (among others, but these are most common).

4. Standard block letters on a baseball jersey (as in the single-color, replica ones)? No, thank you.

5. Obscure players (or at least lesser stars) are always a win.

5. Obscure players (or at least lesser stars) are always a win.

Huzzah!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing.

That's exactly why I've got a Nate Kaeding jersey. I've heard almost every joke you could think up but I just don't care. I wanted something unique and who else wears a kicker's jersey?

That is exactly how I am. When I get a jersey, I want it to be of someone that hardly anyone else has. I have bought quite a few Cavs jerseys and switched the letters and numbers around to make some of my favorite players. My Cavs jersey collection consists of guys like Jawad Williams, Joe Smith, Devin Brown, and Sasha Pavlovic. Never bought a Lebron jersey unless I was planning on using the 2 or 3 for another player. I got an Evan Moore Browns jersey for Christmas, and he is my favorite player, and I've gotten quite a few comments on that like "Why waste your money on that guy? Get a Peyton Hillis jersey like everyone else." And I don't get these guys just because they are different, I get them because I think they are solid players and I like them.

My opinion on the custom jerseys, I really don't see the big deal. It isn't really any different than getting a jersey of the 3rd string 6th round draft pick offensive linemen that you like. It is unique to you and normally it means something to you. You don't have to waste 90 bucks every time the new popular player comes around or when your favorite player leaves.

T1oYViW.png

- I'd like to add, don't wear the jersey of a player who hasn't been on that team for ages and is of no historical significance to the franchise. There's gotta be like a 3 year rule or something, if he hasn't been on the team for 3 seasons just sack-up and upgrade and buy a new jersey.

Jason Taylor jerseys at Redskins games comes to mind for me. And I saw a faded-ass peeling Rod Gardner jersey at a Wizards game this season. Rod Gardner.

The one good thing about the explosion of counterfeit jerseys is I stopped seeing so many Kovalev, Hedberg, and Kasparaitis jerseys at Penguins games.

1zgyd8w.jpg

When I was in USA last year I ordered Marcin Gortat Magic replica jersey. I was wearing it one day and I walked into a shop on 125th Street. A shopkeeper stopped me saying "There's no #13 at Magic!" and because of it we had short conversation about the Polish Hammer. It would never happen otherwise.

Funny this came up.

Tonight at dinner I see this huge guy with a Heat jersey on, I see it's a 1. So I'm like, damn that's a big Bosh jersey. Nope. Says "King Bling" on the back. Dude got out of a busted Ford Focus, has no exposed jewelry, was wearing red athletic shorts with his black Heat jersey and red knee high socks and some basketball shoes.

Not to mention dude looked like he was in his 40's.

I'm starting to give up on people. King Bling? Really?

2ly2w09.jpg

The last thing in the world I would concern myself with is what someone else thinks about the name on some jersey I'm wearing.

That's exactly why I've got a Nate Kaeding jersey. I've heard almost every joke you could think up but I just don't care. I wanted something unique and who else wears a kicker's jersey?

When he was with the Patriots, Adam Vinatieri jerseys were very popular. I still see the occasional one being worn around here.

I don't know if there were any Colts Vinatieri jerseys made.

As you can see in my link, they certainly make Stephen Gostkowski jerseys too.

http://proshop.patriots.com/p/gostkowski-equipment-replica-jersey/pid/10969/sdid/106/pdid/0/

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I have a Phil Dawson jersey for exactly the same reason. Got it a few years ago and it gets looks... especially by guys in Braylon Edwards, Jeff Garcia or Kellen Winslow jerseys.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

The only jersey foul I find unforgivable is NOB Yankee jerseys. Nearly anything else -- 69s included -- I can live with.

Sure about that? :wacko:

Do%20We%20Really%20Want%20to%20Know.jpg

Shot this at Falcons training camp in 2004...she used all 12 spaces they allow.

IMG_6021.jpg

Her husband's NOB was "Bankerbird."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My one jersey foul is anything fake. If you can't afford a licensed jersey, get a t-shirt or whatever, but never a fake. It's interesting from a UK perspective! On a soccer shirt most adults wouldn't get any form of name or number. I guess in the US the number is such a big part of the jersey in most sports.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i got 4 or 5 personalized starter replicas hockey jerseys with my last name and number. in fact all my jerseys are replicas and i wear them in public and at hockey games if i go to them. Do i care what the fashionista's here on the boards think? no. Do i care what Coast2coastam2006 thinks of me wearing a non-authentic, personalized jersey? no. I bought the jersey, I put whatever I want on it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I agree with "don't put your own name on your jersey" stance, but I think if some thought is put into it, I propose the rule can be circumvented.

EXAMPLE A: I am a Seattle Seahawks fan. I get a customized jersey with my name and number 12, which is retired by the team for the fanbase.

EXAMPLE B: I am a Calgary Flames fan. I get a customized jersey with my nickname and the number 80, to represent the year the Flames moved to Calgary from Atlanta and I became a Flames fan. (1980)

P.S.: I am guilty of both A and B. Discuss.

It's douchey that you own customized jerseys, double douchey that you put that much thought into the reasons why you customized your jerseys the way you did. #12 represents the fans? You used the number of the year you became a fan of the team?

Go to hell, sir.

Discuss.

Archived