2014 MWC Football Redesign

wyopokes2

A few months ago I decided to do a Wyoming football concept with the intentions of redoing all the Mountain West conference teams. Here I am finally finding the time to work on some side stuff. I hate to be just another college football redesign and I don't want to take away from anyone else on the front page. I hope that I can provide something unique so it doesn't seem like it's repetitive.

This concept takes place in the conference in the year 2014. I chose this year because hopefully it's one where all the conference realignments have settled for awhile. In this series I will cover the following teams:

Air Force

Boise State

Colorado State

Fresno State

Hawaii

New Mexico

Nevada

San Diego State

UNLV

Wyoming

First up will be UNLV in the next post. Check back here in the this post for links to each concept.

First up is The University of Nevada-Las Vegas. I wanted to replicate the look of the basketball team, while yet bringing some new elements. UNLV has a strong history of using primarily red and silver, but recently they have been using black more and more. I think black is a great look for them so I made the black helmet the primary with a silver alternate. Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate comments and concerns.

CLICK FOR FULL - Warning: They are pretty big

4484737.jpg?626

I will post the full UNLV numbers up here in a little bit :) Anyways, I'll put one more up before I get some feedback. Here's Fresno State University. I hate their current look. It is so bland and I think they could do at least something a little more unique. I moved the V from the helmet to the back of the jersey. I made quite a few changes with this one. Hope to get some positive feedback on this one.

Click for full size

3850597.jpg?623

Both of these look really good. I love the number fonts for both, and I like the simple yet appealing design. My only suggestions would be to match the font of the "Rebels" wordmark on UNLV's pants with the helmet logo and make the sleeve stripes on Fresno's alternate red.

Great, overall.

The UNLV number font needs to change, but for some reason I'm in love with your helmet/jersey/pants color choice here.

As for Fresno State, it's a huge upgrade. That blue looks a little light for them...they wear more of an Atlanta Hawks blue, at least from what I've seen. The number font is great. The only thing I'm against is that green V. I know it's relevant to the program, but I've always hated it.

Changes will be coming soon. I am going to slightly alter the number font on UNLV. For Fresno State I am going to darken the blue a little bit, and fix striping consistency. For the mean time I wanted to put up Boise State. I want to note that Blue/Blue/Orange would be the primary uniform. The White Helmet I have included is an option that would be very rarely used. If it was used it would be used with the white jersey/orange pants or used in a White/Orange/Orange combo. The helmet logo would be pretty large and is on both sides of the jersey. The uniform is based on the Pro Combat they used in their bowl game versus Utah. I also wanted to incorporate the look they wore versus Va Tech and the mockup that hasn't been worn yet.

Click For Full:

2699088.jpg?625

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the next one in the series. The Air Force Academy. I gotta say that their current uniforms were such a downgrade from the ones previous. I don't like the addition of the black. I really thought the blue and silver look was unique. They've included some unique elements over the past few years. Starting with camo decals during the Armed Forces bowl 2 years ago. Last year they wore three different new items. First they wore a flag/lightning bolt decalduring the BYU game. During the Navy game and Army game they wore their mock Thunderbird uniforms. Then during their bowl game against Georgia Tech, they wore a mixup of the flag decal and thunderbird uni. I really digged this look as it related very well to the school. For my redesign I included elements from this set in my alternate. The only thing is, I wanted to make it in school colors as kind of a faux-Thunderbird uni. I made a blue helmet which would be a first for the program. The primary sets are not necessarily the blue/blue/blue and white/white/white. That is just how I put them together presentation wise. The actual home would be white/blue/white and blue/white/blue. However all elements can be swapped with eachother. Anyways, enough background info. Here she is:

Click for full size

906520.jpg?625

I completely agree about the new uniforms sucking. These were the best uniforms that Air Force has ever worn:

lg_bonds_all_01.jpgGo-Falcons-pre-game.jpg

I really like your concept but I feel the jerseys are a bit too plain. I'd like to see you work in the Chargers-esque shoulder bolts or the current sleeve bolts to spice it up a bit.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I completely agree about the new uniforms sucking. These were the best uniforms that Air Force has ever worn:

lg_bonds_all_01.jpgGo-Falcons-pre-game.jpg

I really like your concept but I feel the jerseys are a bit too plain. I'd like to see you work in the Chargers-esque shoulder bolts or the current sleeve bolts to spice it up a bit.

Yeah, they need t bring the triple stripe back.

really love these concepts, though I'm not sure about the third helmet on AIre Force.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Next up in the series is Hawaii. I really have liked all of Hawaii's looks since their rebrand in 2000. I remember watching the Timmy Chang years and thinking they were my favorite college football uniforms. It really bugged me when they switched the pants stripe to a clunkier version. I thought the addition of a silver helmet during the Colt Brennan years was cool. I decided to include a white helmet to replace the old silver one, mainly because Hawaii has a history of having a white helmet. The current (home, away, alt) Under Armour jerseys are pretty cool as well. With my redesign I didn't add too many new elements. I just included some of my favorites. Thanks for the feedback on the previous. I will post a bunch of updates to the old ones when I have finished the series and some of the comments are in. Here's the University of Hawaii:

Click for full

9921958.jpg?622

Hawaii's is solid, but if you're going to use a Nike template, you might as well just make them Nikes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hawaii's is solid, but if you're going to use a Nike template, you might as well just make them Nikes.

That's a good point sir. Pretty lazy on my part huh. I even forgot to add a pant stripe to the white leg. Goodness gracious this last concept was a mess :wacko:

Changes will be coming soon. I am going to slightly alter the number font on UNLV. For Fresno State I am going to darken the blue a little bit, and fix striping consistency. For the mean time I wanted to put up Boise State. I want to note that Blue/Blue/Orange would be the primary uniform. The White Helmet I have included is an option that would be very rarely used. If it was used it would be used with the white jersey/orange pants or used in a White/Orange/Orange combo. The helmet logo would be pretty large and is on both sides of the jersey. The uniform is based on the Pro Combat they used in their bowl game versus Utah. I also wanted to incorporate the look they wore versus Va Tech and the mockup that hasn't been worn yet.

Click For Full:

2699088.jpg?625

These look great (they all do), but the homes will blend into the field. ^_^

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Click For Full:

2699088.jpg?625

These look great (they all do), but the homes will blend into the field. ^_^

That's the point.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived