Fighting Illini Sports ReVamp

wILL-INI

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say ditch the blue helmets. They just don't look right and I don't think Illinois has a history of wearing them. Like the new jerseys. I'd keep numbers on he back of the helmet but loose state outline since it will end up looking cluttered when certain numbers are placed on it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

I was on the Illinois Loyalty message board where these football uniforms were posted. I'm not sure if it's the same person that posted them here. Anyway, someone said they forwarded them to their friend who is a high level Nike employee. He said they loved them.. They said the design was forwarded to the football design group at Nike the Illinois athletic department. So maybe by next season or late this season they may have new uniforms.

Here's the exact post:

"hey sorry to bump this thread, but i just joined here. i have a contact that works high up at nike. i sent him the template that was posted on this thread with the jersey designs that everyone seems to love. he said he would send that to they guy in charge of the uniforms and his contact in the illinois athletic department. hopefullly they will get working on it soon."

I never saw the updated set, but I love these. I'd only go with the orange helmet, but that's the only big thing I'd change. If what was just posted about Nike was true and they come out with something like this I'd definitely be buying one.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

@illini1 yeah both of the posts are me. and I read the same thing, my heart leaped a little bit haha, but it sounds a little too good to be true. It'd be so awesome if Nike does make them but I'll believe it when I see it. Perfect timing though, I was just in the process of updating the concept. And I also finished a baseball concept too. Kinda figured the thread was dead though...

and the basketball ones were made in Illustrator. It what I use to make all of my stuff...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• 8 months later...

5717199804_b8318ec1ac_b.jpg

I love these alot, big Illini fan I remember watchin the Illini back in the 80's and even have a jersey with the number 15 on it, I think that was Kurt Kittner (not 100% sure tho). Those basketball unis are outstanding I definitly remember the "Flying" Illini. Great job on these, OSKEE WOW WOW!!! Have you seen the video OSKEE WOW WOW: 100 years of Illinois football?

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived