OKC Thunder Logo

Davidson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also just mentioned how I thought it was... serendipitous, lets say... that an email I sent to Mr. Davidson may have provoked this. That's all. I didn't ask him for royalties, and - like I said - his is light years away from mine, it was just a comment.

You weren't the first person to associate the nickname "Thunder" with a herd of bison.

Yes, I think i've seen a few other concepts here that had the bison. AAO had one right out when they first announced the name OKC Thunder. So yeah you're far from an innovator

trying to pat yourself on the back and take credit for something Frasier Davidson has put up in these forums is kind of like saying:

"Hey Jesus, I like the way you healed that dude over there, but I feel like you took some of my technique. Here, watch how I fix blind people..."

...and then failing to fix the blind man

and then everyone runs you out of the house, or forum.

To me, the logo looks more like a crest- like something you would wear on a soccer jersey. Unfortunately, it took me a couple of looks to realize that it was a buffalo in the crest, and i think that it would be even more difficult to tell if it wasn't in the "pill". I would suggest either rounding out the crest shape so its as wide as it is tall like most other nba logos, or defining the buffalo and losing the crest.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

I also just mentioned how I thought it was... serendipitous, lets say... that an email I sent to Mr. Davidson may have provoked this. That's all. I didn't ask him for royalties, and - like I said - his is light years away from mine, it was just a comment.

You weren't the first person to associate the nickname "Thunder" with a herd of bison.

Yes, I think i've seen a few other concepts here that had the bison. AAO had one right out when they first announced the name OKC Thunder. So yeah you're far from an innovator

Given that the team's mascot is a Bison, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that multiple concepts have featured a bison.

In any case, it's an interesting and original change of pace from some of your other designs. I do think the lightning bolt makes more sense than the star, given the name. I also actually preferred the wordmark placement in the first iteration too.

For me the problem is that people who look at the logo will be looking for a face, because the abstractness suggests that it's there. I think if you can just make it more obvious it's a face, especially regarding the eyes, then it will look much more complete.

Tf9TG.jpg

I agree with what others have said so far. It looks a little too abstract and isn't really what the NBA would use. I can see features of a buffalo in there but to me it looks like a devil with smiling sharp teeth.

Wish you would do a new mavericks logo with green and blue :D

Maybe I'm the only one who cares about this, but the "Thunder" at the bottom and the "Okla . . ." at the top are different sizes, which makes sense (one word is bigger, haha) but as the font scales down, the visual thickness of the blue text scales down way too much. So the top banner has very thin blue letters, while the bottom banner has very thick blue letters. It's just a trick of the eye, but usually when I have to scale down text in that situation I'll try to kick up the thickness of the smaller one to balance it a bit. So if the base thickness for the font is at 600, the one that gets significantly scaled down should be kicked up to 800 or 900.

I know it seems insignificant, but I think balancing out the visual density of the top and bottom text can help make the logo more balanced and not so bottom heavy.

Given that the team's mascot is a Bison, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that multiple concepts have featured a bison.

In any case, it's an interesting and original change of pace from some of your other designs. I do think the lightning bolt makes more sense than the star, given the name. I also actually preferred the wordmark placement in the first iteration too.

Not to mention that TimEOBrien's logo is a blatant rip-off of the Marshall Thundering Herd. <_<

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived