Logolympiad: Event #4

Ok, here is my entry. I know TECHNICALLY they are not in Corpus at this moment. But the Round Rock Express will become this moniker next season. Since the logos have been introduced and the team is active, i figure i can do this by the rules. Any objections?

hooks.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked the Sidewinders. I thought the fangs on a snake are very underutilized, so I featured them in my design.

I think this is a very real concept that could be very likely to be seen on the ice.

I'm lovin the fangs, and hope you do too..

sidewindershockey.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I hope I can do a team someone's already done (since we could in all the other contests). I did the Arkansas Travelers. I already had this one nearly done when I checked here & found someone had done them. Enough talking, here is the x-over...

arktravelershockey.gif

You probably can't see it very well, so I'll describe it. Robert E. Lee (or so I call the "Traveler) is now holding a hockey stick and his trusty steed now has a hockey puck in his mouth.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

24 entries? wow. And this contest still has a few days left.

Voting will be hard. There are at least 6 solid concepts here.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Voting will be hard. There are at least 6 solid concepts here.

Make that seven! :D Just kidding. :P

Seriously, I present to you, my hometown team, the Ottawa Lynx (IL):

ottawa_lynx_logolympiad4.gif.

Modified the Original Logo by replacing the baseball for a hockey puck, all in MS Paint! B)

Now with this entry out of the way, I can go back to my NHL Soccer Crossover project (*ahem*).

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

It's a shame the Lansing Lugnuts are only a single-A team. I would have done one for that

me too, i was trying to figure out if they were A or AA......same with Visalia oaks and lancaster jethawks.....

spacer.png

Robbman: Two things. First, make the helmet all blue. Those lines are just to show depth and parts of the helmet. It needs to be all blue. Second: white pants? The capitals once tried this and it looked terrible. Get some blue pants on that design. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

However, I think I like your Travelers jersey better. The flag effect is cool. My one real issue with that design is the "greatest show on ice" logo. I always thought it was really a dumb logo and hat for the travelers, and doesn't the icecapades use the phrase "greatest show on ice"?

Archived