NBA Uniforms Project

Hoopskid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, thanks for the reply.

I was just saying what I saw on that site, I assumed you probably had it right....

Here are stuff I found on Celtics:

Here is a comment on the 1946-69 Celtics Home's on Chris Creamers:

"In 1946-47 they wore T-shirt style uniforms with old North Carolina-style triangles on the sides with a shamrock inside. In 1947-48 they switched to sleeveless jerseys with White on Kelly Green lettering and numbers. The design shown didn't come in until 1950 when Red took over."

On another comment, it points to a picture of Chuck Connors (I would assume this is the 1948 version...they probably did the same on road too.)

I would think the slevees jersey would be the same just with sleeves.

http://blog.cleveland.com/andone/2008/09/chuck_connors_and_otto_graham.html

Scroll to the middle to see the picture, next to the story of him breaking a backboard.

The road jersey also seemed to have a change in 1948, follow the link and click the picture on the right of Easy Ed to enlarge. I has the shamrock on the leg. It would be used from the 1947-48 season through the 1949-50 season. As with the home picture of Chuck Connors.

And finaly, here is a picture of the Celtics road from 1947-47....it is with sleeves. The home is most likely the same. Eager to see what you make of it...

http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/U1055049INP/bob-cluggish-jumping-to-catch-ball/?ext=1

http://whosbestnbateam.blogspot.com/

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Close to the edge, down by the river, Down at the end, round by the corner

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Seasons will pass you by, I get up, I get down -Yes

That may be green, it is black and white.

Will you be making those jerseys?

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Good luck........

Could you also post the Hawks pictures in a slide show...it's easier to view.

Thanks for the work.

It was originally in a slideshow but as I post new teams I remove the old slideshows so that it's not cluttered. I guess I could put the slideshow back but after about 30 teams it may be too much let me know what you guys think is best

Ya..You probably should just have shows for the most recent ones, until you do all of them I guess.

Are you doing the active teams 1st then doing the other ones?

Cool, good work. I'll look at the Hornets unis later, don't have time now.

After some more research I feel confident posting these as the Boston Celtic's first uniform, which I personally never knew about before Math2 pointed them out:

Awesome info collaboration, gentleman. Those are pretty cool.

Nicely done with the Charlotte Hornets, A. As always, lookin forward to more goodness ;)

I'm pretty sure the Hornets didn't use the Sonics' 2001-2008 number font, and I think you may have the NOB font wrong, but I am not sure. I look forward to the rest of your project!

There's a few errors with the '88-97 Hornets sets - from 1988-1991 they had the original Alexander Julian "H" logo on the waistband, the "Charlotte" wordmark's a little thick, the NOB & number font's incorrect (it should be narrower and san serif), and there were only 4 pinstripes (pale blue, royal blue, green & navy).

The '97-'02 sets used the same name & number font as the previous set.

Yeah the font was a mess, I thought the Sonics font was pretty close. I'll redo the font and letters.

I'll make a version with the H logo but I'm not sure about the pinstripes. I know that's what most people say, but i've seen a few game used jerseys where they continue with the pattern, they dont stop at 4.

Charlotte Hornets

At some point during their time in Charlotte, the Hornets used their alternate logo on the top center of the jersey shorts.

CharlotteHornets.GIF

It was only the "H" with the hornet though.

EDIT: I didn't notice Discogod pointed this out a few hours earlier.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Yeah the font was a mess, I thought the Sonics font was pretty close. I'll redo the font and letters.

I'll make a version with the H logo but I'm not sure about the pinstripes. I know that's what most people say, but i've seen a few game used jerseys where they continue with the pattern, they dont stop at 4.

I've got 7 game-worn or -issued jerseys ranging from the 1991-92 season to 1997-98, and I'm pretty sure they've just got the 4 stripes. There may be some overlap on the larger jerseys, though, I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check when I'm back home next week.

Archived