College Football Helmet Concepts

thespleenenator

Ok, so i got alot of flack from people who were mad because i used teambuilder instead of an actual drawing program. So I took everyones advice and got inkscape. I love it. So without further adieu, here is the first concept.

Boston College

I went off the one concept that actually got good revues and added a triple stripe to it. i was thinking about just putting the BC logo, but I figured that their Eagle logo is one of the most sadly underused logo in sports, so it deserves to be on the helmet at the very least.

Screenshot2011-05-15at42027PM.png

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

When using that template NEVER use the fill button. Select the item you want to color, then pick a color from the bottom color wheel, or from the dropper tool. Also, you need to align the striped to the helmet, they're a little off-centered.

Yup. Just click the area you want and color it, but never fill!

Ok I'm not going to lie, "click the area you want and color it" might be the vaguest advice i've ever had. Exactly how do you "click the area you want and color it"?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If I feel up to it I could make some simple tutorials on Inkscape. I know there are some by GBM, they're a little outdated.

That would be much appreciated.

Here you go. They're not that outdated, haha; Inkscape is still essentially the same IMO, with some added improvements since when I made those. If there is anything that has (or hasn't) changed which you need help doing, or anything, I would be more than happy to help.

But Chapeeko is right, never use the fill tool. The helmet itself should be an object which you can fill in. It might be part of a group, which means you have to ungroup it first. Also, you can use the color dropper to get the right shade of maroon from the eagle logo. Everything is explained in the videos.

And excellent choice starting off with my team, Boston College. That is one way to ensure a reply from me! :P There has always been a discussion about whether to use a helmet logo. I am personally against it, because the current one works so well. But this is a concept and even though the eagle logo you have has been pretty much phased out of official use, I still love it. However, I don't think you should go with the logo AND triple stripe. That is just getting too busy. Good start though!

Edit: Just found your other thread. The eagle with the single stripe is great. Also, if you used the shoulder eagle logo and made it bigger, I think it could actually make a killer helmet logo. Having maroon helmets is not a great idea, though. Props for not just slapping the "BC" logo on and being done with it.

Here you go. They're not that outdated, haha; Inkscape is still essentially the same IMO, with some added improvements since when I made those. If there is anything that has (or hasn't) changed which you need help doing, or anything, I would be more than happy to help.

But Chapeeko is right, never use the fill tool. The helmet itself should be an object which you can fill in. It might be part of a group, which means you have to ungroup it first. Also, you can use the color dropper to get the right shade of maroon from the eagle logo. Everything is explained in the videos.

And excellent choice starting off with my team, Boston College. That is one way to ensure a reply from me! :P There has always been a discussion about whether to use a helmet logo. I am personally against it, because the current one works so well. But this is a concept and even though the eagle logo you have has been pretty much phased out of official use, I still love it. However, I don't think you should go with the logo AND triple stripe. That is just getting too busy. Good start though!

Edit: Just found your other thread. The eagle with the single stripe is great. Also, if you used the shoulder eagle logo and made it bigger, I think it could actually make a killer helmet logo. Having maroon helmets is not a great idea, though. Props for not just slapping the "BC" logo on and being done with it.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought about doing that logo, but alot of people seemed to like the eagle.

Anyway, I saw your demo, and I tried doing what you did, but it didn't work. I couldn't ungroup it because there were no objects to ungroup. I tried selecting it and double clicked the fill, changed it on the color wheel, and nothing happened.

well, I will be using fill until further notice. I will eventually update these. Next concept.

Clemson

Pretty simple, yet I've always felt that this is the helmet Clemson should have used all along. For me, it makes no sense that the face mask and logo is white when their colors are purple and orange.

Clemson.png

Eh, not feeling Clemson. Their colors are purple and orange, and both colors are present on their current helmet. Removing the purple stripe from the helmet to create this concept is counterproductive IF you truly want their colors represented.

The orange to purple ratio is perfect on Clemson's current uniforms. White makes perfect sense because it balances everything out.

Plus, the paw here is aimlessly pointed backwards...and it's huge. I will defend you though, because Clemson doesn't have much to work with logo wise.

Eh, not feeling Clemson. Their colors are purple and orange, and both colors are present on their current helmet. Removing the purple stripe from the helmet to create this concept is counterproductive IF you truly want their colors represented.

The orange to purple ratio is perfect on Clemson's current uniforms. White makes perfect sense because it balances everything out.

Plus, the paw here is aimlessly pointed backwards...and it's huge. I will defend you though, because Clemson doesn't have much to work with logo wise.

I don't think Clemson should use white, and I think it looks better without the stripe. But yeah, I have to fix the logo.

no white for Clemson? So...the best they could look like is this?

Carrier_.jpg

heck...Oregon is wearing a white lid in your profile picture. if any team could use two colors and no white (aside from Michigan, and a few others), it would be Oregon. Really gold is the only color that works without white...if matched up properly.

but, orange and purple would look atrocious.

no white for Clemson? So...the best they could look like is this?

Carrier_.jpg

heck...Oregon is wearing a white lid in your profile picture. if any team could use two colors and no white (aside from Michigan, and a few others), it would be Oregon. Really gold is the only color that works without white...if matched up properly.

but, orange and purple would look atrocious.

No, I just don't think a white logo works on the helmet. But the more I look at it, you're right, it needs a stripe.

Duke

To me, Duke's only problem is that they don't have the devil on the helmet. So, I fixed it.

Screenshot2011-05-16at94700PM.png

bump, need C&C

Archived