Winter Classic 2012 Concept

PHILADELPHIAFLYERS

As many of you already know, there have been various reports that the 2012 Winter Classic will take place on January 2nd at Citizens Bank Park, with the Philadelphia Flyers playing the New York Rangers.

Reports: Flyers host Rangers, Jan. 2 NHL Winter Classic at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia

Actually went all out on this and did a set of concepts. The logo itself borrows elements from Citizens Bank Park's logo, and previous Winter Classic Logos.

2012_WC.png

I did something different, and actually photoshopped the jersey concepts onto HiRes pictures of the players.

The Flyers jersey is a faux-back, paying homage to the Philadelphia Quakers.

WC_RICHARDS2.png

The Rangers jersey is an inverse of their current heritage jersey with an edited version of their actual logo on the front.

AVERY_WC.png

Lastly, I did a Wallpaper with all of the above elements.

2012_WC_Wallpaper2.png

Also, "like" my 2012 Bridgestone Winter Classic facebook page!!

Did you steal any of this work, Mr. Alexander?

Yea, I remember this guy all too well.

I'd love to invite YOU to get lost, bud, especially considering the flyers jersey is a direct rip from a concept seen in this thread link (Albeit much more poorly executed). But yeah, good to see you man, wasnt Fuhgedaboutit or some stupid guido bull***t your last alter ego? Speaking of which, glad to see your ego is in check, seeing as this (mediocre) concept went straight to your signature AND avatar, impressive (and modest). The last thing we need is more trolls, but looks like we got one.

Did you steal any of this work, Mr. Alexander?

Yea, I remember this guy all too well.

I'd love to invite YOU to get lost, bud, especially considering the flyers jersey is a direct rip from a concept seen in this thread link (Albeit much more poorly executed). But yeah, good to see you man, wasnt Fuhgedaboutit or some stupid guido bull***t your last alter ego? Speaking of which, glad to see your ego is in check, seeing as this (mediocre) concept went straight to your signature AND avatar, impressive (and modest). The last thing we need is more trolls, but looks like we got one.

Ripped off or not, its better than your animatronic Penguins concept with pinstripes (seriously?)...

Using the bell and red steel from CBP in the logo was an excellent idea. It almost looks too much like the actual stadium logo though. My guess is that since the stadium isn't as well known as Fenway or Wrigley, they'd play more off local imagery, which the city has plenty of.

Sorry for not forgiving plagiarism quickly. Regardless of whose concept this actually is, you have both plagiarized AND used at least 3 different usernames in the past. It's pretty hard not to be suspicious. And morgo, yea, I guess my concept doesn't really compare to a slight alteration of the Rangers road and putting a Flyers script on the old Quakers jerseys. :rolleyes: I wish I had been genius enough to think of that.

Sorry for not forgiving plagiarism quickly. Regardless of whose concept this actually is, you have both plagiarized AND used at least 3 different usernames in the past. It's pretty hard not to be suspicious. And morgo, yea, I guess my concept doesn't really compare to a slight alteration of the Rangers road and putting a Flyers script on the old Quakers jerseys. :rolleyes: I wish I had been genius enough to think of that.

You are a fool...

Ladies and gents may I present the "Elliot" formula...

01) Write some pretentious, long winded, 5 paragraph rant about how downhill the boards have gone since he decided to not grace it with his presence and how grateful we all should be that the great "Elliot" has decided once again to post one of his concepts.

02) Write another long winded, boring paragraph about what a great designer he is and how none of the other peasantry on these boards should never dare post concepts.

03) Interject some pointless aside about "Smoking blunts errrydayyy"

04) Post a concept so hideous, on a laughably disproportionate template, it makes the Wild Wing jersey look like a work of art.

Yep, that's pretty much how I do it. I'm glad you figured me out, down to a "t". (actually, there's two "t"s in my name, so never mind). Thanks for being such a dick. I've never seen you contribute anything positive, so let me SINCERELY apologize for trying to be a good influence. Straight up, :censored: you.

01) Write some pretentious, long winded, 5 paragraph rant about how downhill the boards have gone since he decided to not grace it with his presence and how grateful we all should be that the great "Elliot" has decided once again to post one of his concepts.

Yes, clearly it's that. It's not the recent wave of nauseating two-second, effort-free fill-tool extravaganzas from people like BaltimoreNewYorkGirl, plagiarism like Jaghee, or the total lack of constructive criticism from people like you, seancarter, and others, who are intent on either turning the thread into a warzone or post-padding to get a fantasy team.

By the way, as long as we're being a-holes about people's concepts - how long did this concept take you? Five minutes? Six?

Yes, clearly it's that. It's not the recent wave of nauseating two-second, effort-free fill-tool extravaganzas from people like BaltimoreNewYorkGirl, plagiarism like Jaghee, or the total lack of constructive criticism from people like you, seancarter, and others, who are intent on either turning the thread into a warzone or post-padding to get a fantasy team.

By the way, as long as we're being a-holes about people's concepts - how long did this concept take you? Five minutes? Six?

I could care less what you think of my concept, I'm not a designer, never claimed to be one, and have used Inkscape twice in my life. That also happens to be my first concept ever and there have been far worse. If you must know that secondary logo did take me a long time but hey, not everyone is gifted when it comes to those programs. Personally I prefer drawing logos and jerseys by hand. If you are doubting my passion about sports logos and jerseys you clearly do not know me. Nobody is post padding and few are as passionate about hockey logos and jerseys than me. I love hockey and I love hockey aesthetics even more and if you people on these boards can't deal with criticism, thats your problem. I don't like Elliott's last three concepts nor his elitist commentary. Sorry but thats my opinion.

All the Winter Classic logos turn me on, and this one you made here does as well. So, well done.

Seriously though, I bet if the game is played in Philly they will have to go with the liberty bell in some shape or form in the logo. Either using the real one or the one from CBP. The only other thing I could see them using is maybe the top of Independence Hall like the Phillies logo from the 80's did.

Archived