Winter Classic 2012 Concept

PHILADELPHIAFLYERS

All the Winter Classic logos turn me on, and this one you made here does as well. So, well done.

Seriously though, I bet if the game is played in Philly they will have to go with the liberty bell in some shape or form in the logo. Either using the real one or the one from CBP. The only other thing I could see them using is maybe the top of Independence Hall like the Phillies logo from the 80's did.

Yeah I agree. I also did another concept with a sort-of historic look to it for WC2012 but was unhappy with the way it turned out. I think something similar to both or a combination of WC2010 logo and the Heritage Classic 2011 logo would be really cool. Maybe it could incorporate the liberty bell and a aged-torn banner, with that "old paper" look to it, like the Declaration of Independence and the old winter classic script substituted with a new custom font that resembles a signature on the declaration, like that of John Hancock. I'm going to try to take a stab at that eventually

Must EVERY topic turn into a pissing match? And why is it always the SAME people involved?

Stop it. Now.

Everyone.

THANK YOU!

That includes you as well, with your "haters gonna hate" comment, implying that you are the fraud that others are claiming you to be.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Must EVERY topic turn into a pissing match? And why is it always the SAME people involved?

Stop it. Now.

Everyone.

THANK YOU!

That includes you as well, with your "haters gonna hate" comment, implying that you are the fraud that others are claiming you to be.

Are you serious? Your a joke. No, "haters gonna hate" meaning their just jealous. This is my work.

Ladies and gents may I present the "Elliot" formula...

01) Write some pretentious, long winded, 5 paragraph rant about how downhill the boards have gone since he decided to not grace it with his presence and how grateful we all should be that the great "Elliot" has decided once again to post one of his concepts.

02) Write another long winded, boring paragraph about what a great designer he is and how none of the other peasantry on these boards should never dare post concepts.

03) Interject some pointless aside about "Smoking blunts errrydayyy"

04) Post a concept so hideous, on a laughably disproportionate template, it makes the Wild Wing jersey look like a work of art.

I like how this is both totally relevant and not bull :censored:.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

okay.. so... what's the deal here?

you guys really make me want to delete the internet sometimes.

i enjoyed this concept. i don't know anything about any theft of art or anything, and it appears as though the quakers concept in question was actually done by the same artist who posted this thread... so i don't get it. can someone explain it to me in PM or something?

in the mean time, assuming this is a legit concept, it looks great. the photoshopping on the players looks good, and the flyers concept looks absolutely perfect, down to the toque.

okay.. so... what's the deal here?

you guys really make me want to delete the internet sometimes.

i enjoyed this concept. i don't know anything about any theft of art or anything, and it appears as though the quakers concept in question was actually done by the same artist who posted this thread... so i don't get it. can someone explain it to me in PM or something?

in the mean time, assuming this is a legit concept, it looks great. the photoshopping on the players looks good, and the flyers concept looks absolutely perfect, down to the toque.

Yes, both concepts are originally his work.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Did you steal any of this work, Mr. Alexander?

Yea, I remember this guy all too well.

I'd love to invite YOU to get lost, bud, especially considering the flyers jersey is a direct rip from a concept seen in this thread link (Albeit much more poorly executed). But yeah, good to see you man, wasnt Fuhgedaboutit or some stupid guido bull***t your last alter ego? Speaking of which, glad to see your ego is in check, seeing as this (mediocre) concept went straight to your signature AND avatar, impressive (and modest). The last thing we need is more trolls, but looks like we got one.

Ripped off or not, its better than your animatronic Penguins concept with pinstripes (seriously?)...

I had to look that up to see it for myself.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=80142&st=0&p=1539902entry1539902

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for this concept...LOVE the Flyers uniform. Would using white numbers on the back look too out of place? It would help the "fans can't see the numbers from the stands" complaint.

I like the Rangers one, it works. No real complaints or anything that wows me either.

87Redskins.png

My only concern is that the game will be played in Philadelphia yet the logo is red white and blue, which is the Rangers color scheme... I would like to see some orange and black in there some where. I know its probably red and blue because of the Phillies playing there but still maybe make the liberty bell more like the actually color of the bell

3535rx3.jpg

Thank you. Okay, I will squeeze some white in on the numbers and such.

& As for using orange and black in the logo, I would like to, I was just having trouble trying to make it blend in. The 2010 WC was in Boston & they didn't use any black and yellow, they used the colors of fenway park so thats kinda what I did here. But maybe I'll try again.

& As for using orange and black in the logo, I would like to, I was just having trouble trying to make it blend in. The 2010 WC was in Boston & they didn't use any black and yellow, they used the colors of fenway park so thats kinda what I did here. But maybe I'll try again.

But the colors of Fenway Park didn't match the colors of the opposing team. That's the problem here. It's a Philadelphia event, but it's using, their opponent, the New York Ranger's colors.

The concept is good, but I feel like the NHL logo is just thrown in. Also, it's blocking some of the stars and in turn, makes the stars on the other side seem, themselves, also thrown in.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

But the colors of Fenway Park didn't match the colors of the opposing team. That's the problem here. It's a Philadelphia event, but it's using, their opponent, the New York Ranger's colors.

The concept is good, but I feel like the NHL logo is just thrown in. Also, it's blocking some of the stars and in turn, makes the stars on the other side seem, themselves, also thrown in.

true

i dont wanna start anything cause its a great idea and everything looks AWESOME!

first off its the quakers design isnt it? if it was an original design it would be different. Anyone could of come up with it, me and bmac did way back in january!

i have been changing the jerseys and updating them since. over all it is an awesome concept with a great logo and 2 great jerseys. i do question the old school white though, i think it would look better solid.

really awesome though.

go flyers!

Jack Gambro Goal Line Design

i dont wanna start anything cause its a great idea and everything looks AWESOME!

first off its the quakers design isnt it? if it was an original design it would be different. Anyone could of come up with it, me and bmac did way back in january!

i have been changing the jerseys and updating them since. over all it is an awesome concept with a great logo and 2 great jerseys. i do question the old school white though, i think it would look better solid.

really awesome though.

go flyers!

Thanks, I like your work as well. True, but then again one could argue that NOTHING is absolutely original. Everything has been done before B)

Archived