ESPN NFL Helmet Power Rankings

LetsGoOakland9

Here's mine

1. Texans (Large logo with a great design representing Texas)

2. Bengals (So much better than just a Bengal head)

3. Rams (Love the helmet now that the horns are complete again)

4. Vikings (Might of liked the old simpler horn but these are solid)

5. Eagles (Good modern look of the wing, even though I'm tired of every high school team using them)

6. Seahawks (Always liked the Native American looking logo)

7. Saints (Something about the gold and black that just pops plus I'm Cajun)

8. Falcons (Like the updated Falcon)

9. Redskins (The unique yellow facemask is instantly noticed)

10. Raiders (Simple, sharp and mean)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based solely on looks & design, NOT TRADITION:

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

6uXNWAo.png

I hate seeing stripe-less helmets. Of course that doesn't count for teams like the Rams, Bengals, Eagles, and Vikings who has unique designs. And I prefer non-white helmets in almost every instance.

I like helmets like the Bengals that try to actually portray the mascot instead of the usual.

As for the debate on whether the Browns helmets are ugly, too plain, or boring; I love them. I have a hard time finding any other helmet (or uniform in general) to be more beautiful. This is 90% homerism and 10% the fact that they stick to a logoless helmet and that orange is just awesome.

I hate seeing stripe-less helmets. Of course that doesn't count for teams like the Rams, Bengals, Eagles, and Vikings who has unique designs. And I prefer non-white helmets in almost every instance.

I like helmets like the Bengals that try to actually portray the mascot instead of the usual.

As for the debate on whether the Browns helmets are ugly, too plain, or boring; I love them. I have a hard time finding any other helmet (or uniform in general) to be more beautiful. This is 90% homerism and 10% the fact that they stick to a logoless helmet and that orange is just awesome.

I think the Chicago/StL/AZ Cardinals have the best and original white helmets in the league. Love'em!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I think the Chicago/StL/AZ Cardinals have the best and original white helmets in the league. Love'em!

I couldn't agree more, both the Cardinals and Lions, which their revised helmets just missed my Top Ten. Simply, classy, and yet easily identifiable.

Yeah, it does change my list...the Bills have moved from top ten with the red helmets to dead last with the gross white helmet/gray facemask combo.

Really? The red helmet with the two-dozen multi-colored stripes crowded across the top? With the royal blue buffalo on a predominantly navy blue uniform? With the white facemask on a monochrome pants/jersey combo? Top ten?

Hmm.

No... no more monochrome with the blue jerseys and pants .. it's one or the other. Will go white on white only if the weather is very hot.

Back to having 3 stripes on the helmet, no more 5 stripes in various sizes.

The mask is gray, which IMO looks much better on a white helmet (eg: New England in 2009 w/ 60s throwback at Denver and gray mask, and white 80s mask in 2010 on Thanksgiving)

The leaping Bison logo stands out so much better on this white helmet w/ less stripes than a red one with all them stripes. Now the blue Bison matches the blue on the uniform and pants.

bills11helmet.png

Yeah, it does change my list...the Bills have moved from top ten with the red helmets to dead last with the gross white helmet/gray facemask combo.

Really? The red helmet with the two-dozen multi-colored stripes crowded across the top? With the royal blue buffalo on a predominantly navy blue uniform? With the white facemask on a monochrome pants/jersey combo? Top ten?

Hmm.

CFL-esque uniforms aside, I really did like this helmet:

Buffalo_Bills_Helmet.jpg

Although this Bills helmet trumps all:

pehzdkp6wzfxc22grm7lr49gg.gif

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Meh. All those helmets are classic helmets, just showing that all of the writers just like the old school, classic look.

I say the Jags have a top 10 helmet

what? How do the Jags have a top 10 helmet?

Ok, after more thought. Their unique 2-tone helmet merits them some props.

Sure, but the logo takes them away.

Anyone who's ever owned a cat knows exactly what that Jaguars helmet logo is doing - hacking up a hairball is unmistakeable.

346.gifeakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

Did the same artist create both logos back in 1995? Both seem extremely generic and their mouths are identical. 2 of the worst logos in the NFL.

LOL WUT? I guess I can see where you're coming from with the generic comment, but the mouths are no where near identical, nor are any two aspects of either logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's a thumbtack on fire. That is not a logo. And, the two useless angled stripes. Had they gone with a standard stripe pattern, front to back (Equal stripes of Navy-Carolina blue-Navy) and put the sword logo on the helmet, maybe.

It's a thumbtack on fire. That is not a logo. And, the two useless angled stripes. Had they gone with a standard stripe pattern, front to back (Equal stripes of Navy-Carolina blue-Navy) and put the sword logo on the helmet, maybe.

HUGE missed opportunity by the Titans by not putting the sword "T" on the sides of the helmet. As is, it may be the ugliest helmet in the league. The flames do nothing more than throw the logo off-balance.

Archived