YouTube: Cincinnati Bengals 1981 Uniform Unveiling

Jungle Jim

I stumbled across thiswhile searching for something else. Hopefully it hasn't been posted here already. I hadn't seen it...

I don't know if this was the only televised report on the unveiling or not. It's amazing how low-key it was. Living outside the Cincinnati TV market at the time, I was unaware that my favorite team had even changed uniforms until I bought one of those preseason magazines and saw the new helmet logo on the team's page.

Good find. Amazing how things have changed. I recently posted a pic from the '66 draft of Pete Rozelle writing the first round picks on a chalkboard as they came in. He wasn't at Radio City Music Hall either. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Could one of our intrepid artistes do a mockup of what these helmets would look like with the same stripe design, but with both a) the "Bengal head" superimposed on top of the stripes (where a logo would normally go) and b ) the Bengals' "B" (their official font) in the same spot?

I have always said that the Bengals' helmets were not a bad design, but needed something centering them on the helmet, instead of just having the stripes drip down from the top. I wonder if the helmets would look better with one of these additions.

Archived