DC United Crest

Firefly

Im loving the abstract one but the head needs to face left à la the great seal.

Is that why the current one faces left? Since we read left to right, we tend to view things that face right as looking foward. That's why I changed head direction. And if you look at the original DC United logo, you'll see it also faced right.

DCUnitedOld.png

I'm wondering if I can pull off a head that actually faces the viewer.

Is that why the current one faces left? Since we read left to right, we tend to view things that face right as looking foward. That's why I changed head direction. And if you look at the original DC United logo, you'll see it also faced right.

I think they changed it to face left for that reason but I suppose it comes down to a matter of preference. Im so used to it looking left.

DCUnitedOld.png

This was honestly my favorite United logo. I miss the old days when I actually had love for them. :(

Also, if you look at it from the perspective of the bird in this shield, technically it's looking left anyways.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Beautiful. DC United have one of the most unique identity's in MLS and I think you successfully modified their logo without abdonding their past. My only question is what if they move to Baltimore? What could this look like?

At the risk of sounding confrontational, which is not my intent, why would they change anything if they moved to Baltimore? Baltimore is still in the District of Columbia.

Baltimore is an independent city in the state of Maryland. The District of Columbia is the District of Columbia. It is where the U.S. has it's capital. Baltimore is NOT in the district. And being a Virginian, I loathe D.C. sports anyways, so if the team moved to Baltimore I would support them that much more.

Baltimore is in the district? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I live in the "DMV" , specifically the District itself, and I can tell you first hand that Baltimore is like a state away. 45 minutes by car. And how does a Virginian hate D.C. sports? I mean, on the professional level, who are you rooting for? Unless your from the South (VA Beach or something)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Beautiful. DC United have one of the most unique identity's in MLS and I think you successfully modified their logo without abdonding their past. My only question is what if they move to Baltimore? What could this look like?

At the risk of sounding confrontational, which is not my intent, why would they change anything if they moved to Baltimore? Baltimore is still in the District of Columbia.

Baltimore is an independent city in the state of Maryland. The District of Columbia is the District of Columbia. It is where the U.S. has it's capital. Baltimore is NOT in the district. And being a Virginian, I loathe D.C. sports anyways, so if the team moved to Baltimore I would support them that much more.

I live in the "DMV" , specifically the District itself, and I can tell you first hand that Baltimore is like a state away. 45 minutes by car. And how does a Virginian hate D.C. sports? I mean, on the professional level, who are you rooting for? Unless your from the South (VA Beach or something)

Because I'm a Virginian, not a Washingtonian. I'm sorry, every time Virginia has been in the running for a major pro team and/or stadium deal in decades past, the District has always snatched it from us. That is why I loathe D.C. I made my decision long ago to never support a D.C. franchise. Instead my support goes to the Ravens (have season tickets), Red Bulls (use to see games on TV when my grandmother lived in Jersey), White Sox (love the team), Ducks (love the films), and Destroyers (UFL). Minus the Bulls and Destroyers (haven't played yet) it's been a successful decision.

DCUnitedOld.png

This was honestly my favorite United logo. I miss the old days when I actually had love for them. :(

Also, if you look at it from the perspective of the bird in this shield, technically it's looking left anyways.

I see you've become enlightened and have grown to support the Red Bulls- a terrific decision if you ask me!

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

DCUnitedOld.png

I see you've become enlightened and have grown to support the Red Bulls- a terrific decision if you ask me!

I agree. I've became an avid Bulls supporter. I just wish they would have played at RFK once this Summer because I missed out due to school. Oh well, at least they came away with a big win.

Ok, as I said, I made an assumption without looking into it first, my bad. No need harp on me for it. I've since looked into it a little more and had WildWinger be so nice as to answer some questions.

I was under the assumption (and don't ask me where it came from) that D.C. was much like New England where a group of states are considered a "region".

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

DC-UNITED-II.png

I like the concept/update on the bottom left appart the soccer ball (who looks weird because of the red shade, allthough I get what you intented with it.)

I especially like the update of the "DC United" font and the black/white color switch. It's much better readable too.

The eagle head is also much better looking imo (and it's not just the new side he's facing, which I also prefer.)

What does the orange star stand for?

Not sure how it would look but how about incorporating the star into the ball instead of the other way around.

Archived