mbannon's NFL Expansion

mbannon92

Not a big fan of this one either. The colors look very... minor league. The logo is a little silly and feels more like a Jester than a King. Uniforms are a fine design though. I really liked the uniqueness of the "Kahuna" identity. Kings and Mountaineers are kind of bland identities.

On another note, I've been searching for a good way to present my uniforms per post, and I think you've found a great way to do so. The fact that you only post the helmet gives that post a highlight, but it keeps it clean and simple. Mind if I copycat you on that?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus Kings

CLBHelmet.png

NFC North

MJB

MJB

Okay, next up is the Columbus Kings. These guys, like Hawaii, are an mbannon original, although I redesigned the look. The logo is a blue Old Englishy C with a gold crown on top. On the crown are two blue diamond jewels, as well as a red football, which I think looks quite nice. The wordmark is simply Kings in the same Old Englishy font as the logo. The uniforms feature a red helmet (obviously) and red and white uniforms. The helmet stripe comes to a point in the back like the jersey and pant striping. I used a serifed number and NOB font to go with the old school Old English. I put them in the NFC to avoid an Ohio overload in the AFC North, as well as to bring the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry into the NFL with the Kings and Lions.

I like the unis and colors...just not a fan of the primary logo. Not sure why, but I just don't care for the "C" in that font.

gYH2mW9.png

I sort of agree that the crown doesn't really seem like a King's crown. Nothing against the team or uniforms, but I don't the color combo, but it is original.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Bump.

I'll work on the logo here in the next few days. Make the crown a little more kingly. And to those who don't like the color scheme, what do you suggest? I chose red and royal blue because they're typical royal colors, and gold because of the crown obviously.

I actually like the colors used. The uniforms in my opinion are awesome but the "K" in the script just looks really weird to me. Also, as Geaux said the logo doesnt really look right. But, overall I like the concept

Archived