new logo for wichita wings indoor soccer

microdragon

To sum it up nicely: This iteration of the Wichita Wings logo is a cross between the Washington Capitals' "Weagle", which looks like a Phoenix, and the old Kansas City Wizards logo font, the "Wizards" portion of the logo, slabbed onto an MS Paint or Inkscape drawn soccer crest along with a soccer ball is located at the bottom of the Wings' "Weagle" to emphasize that this is a professional soccer team! Add in a color palette consisting of burnt orange, yellow-orange (I guess the designer was eating buffalo wings or something similar when choosing the colors, since all I am thinking about are Hot Wings), black, grey, and white; and boom, call it a day.

/rant

haha thats cool

i saw the wings play in the old NPSL in edmonton when i was younger! one of the best sporting events i ever went too, too bad it never really caught on

logo is kinda bland i liked this one

205478_10150216572305992_612605991_8323742_6583158_s.jpg

a great minor league logo

To sum it up nicely: This iteration of the Wichita Wings logo is a cross between the Washington Capitals' "Weagle", which looks like a Phoenix, and the old Kansas City Wizards logo font, the "Wizards" portion of the logo, slabbed onto an MS Paint or Inkscape drawn soccer crest along with a soccer ball is located at the bottom of the Wings' "Weagle" to emphasize that this is a professional soccer team! Add in a color palette consisting of burnt orange, yellow-orange (I guess the designer was eating buffalo wings or something similar when choosing the colors, since all I am thinking about are Hot Wings), black, grey, and white; and boom, call it a day.

/rant

I'm sorry, but get over it. Sure, the "W-bird" inspiration is there, but to say that it is "just slapped together" or even "copied" is flat-out wrong.

/rant

I'm sorry, but get over it. Sure, the "W-bird" inspiration is there, but to say that it is "just slapped together" or even "copied" is flat-out wrong.

Can you please point out where I used the three quoted terms in your post within my rant?

Upgrade, IMO. Nicely done.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

/rant

Can you please point out where I used the three quoted terms in your post within my rant?

Might not have been directly said, but definitely implied. I colored-coded it for you if you HAD to know.

It's good for indoor soccer. I think it looks more professional than a paint job, but it's far from super great or anything. Skim through some minor league soccer stuff, this would be one of the good ones.

The "shooting soccer balls" is one of the horrible logos that came out of the '90's.

The list (indoor only):

San Jose Grizzlies was one of the best indoor soccer logos. Followed with MISL Milwaukee Wave, MISL Wichita Wings, MISL Tacoma Stars, MISL&WISL St. Louis Steamers, MISL St. Louis Storm, MISL Dallas Sidekicks, CISL Sacramento Knights.

Archived