Modernized Bulls logo

rcb05

i'm generally not a fan of sports logos with shadows, trying to establish depth but this is pretty sharp. also i like how you got rid of the CHICAGO BULLS text. I think the bull is iconic enough as a logo, it doesnt need unattached text

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I was going to say he looks a tad cartoony, but then he looked kick ass on the court, so I shut up in that aspect.

Love the shadows, but I'd say work on the mouth a bit more. I don't know exactly how to fix it, but I know it'd be a sure 10 if it were fixed in the way I can't explain.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I think the outermost black line should be thicker. To me, one of the issues with the real Bull's logo is the thin lines which you didnt really address. The darker shade of red looks fine on the cheek area and ears, but it seems out of place on the top of the head. If it wasnt for the thicker forehead lines you have, I honestly wouldnt even notice the difference between this and the real logo if they werent side by side. Thicker lines would help in my opinion.

I've yet to see a concept here that I really think improves upon their existing logo.

I thought this one was pretty good...

bulls.png

Jaha also had a money critique here. Those are the changes that need to be made to the one featured in the thread

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've yet to see a concept here that I really think improves upon their existing logo.

bulls.png

That concept isn't bad, but the Bulls logo is iconic, historical, and tough enough (along with their actual on-court history) that they don't need to have that "two-faced shadow" effect going on. I also think that using that effect with such contrasting colors (black and bright red) makes the logo look a little unbalanced. It's not a bad look, but it should be left to newer teams like the Grizzlies, Bobcats, and Timberwolves that need to rely on a "cool-looking" logo in and of itself in order to get any kind of respect for it.

That's definitely the best Bulls concept I've seen on the board, though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

bulls.png

That concept isn't bad, but the Bulls logo is iconic, historical, and tough enough (along with their actual on-court history) that they don't need to have that "two-faced shadow" effect going on. I also think that using that effect with such contrasting colors (black and bright red) makes the logo look a little unbalanced. It's not a bad look, but it should be left to newer teams like the Grizzlies, Bobcats, and Timberwolves that need to rely on a "cool-looking" logo in and of itself in order to get any kind of respect for it.

Just to play some Devil's advocate, where does one draw the line between vintage and outdated, because there are people who love the thin, old-looking linework of the Bulls' logo, while others (mostly youth) prefer the more modern illustration style. I guess it's all about what style is going to maximize the revenue at this point, i.e. who is going to be buying more merch with the bulls logo on it, because it really is the same logo reinterpreted in a modern illustration style.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

bulls.png

Jaha also had a money critique here. Those are the changes that need to be made to the one featured in the thread

I think that resembles the Grizzlies logo in a way with the shading.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

bulls.png

Just to play some Devil's advocate, where does one draw the line between vintage and outdated, because there are people who love the thin, old-looking linework of the Bulls' logo, while others (mostly youth) prefer the more modern illustration style. I guess it's all about what style is going to maximize the revenue at this point, i.e. who is going to be buying more merch with the bulls logo on it, because it really is the same logo reinterpreted in a modern illustration style.

thats got to be the one of main things. you have to do determine who your target audience is. after the logo identifies and communicates, it must sell merch.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

bulls.png

I think that resembles the Grizzlies logo in a way with the shading.

Very much so. Truth be told, I can't recall if this was created before or after the Grizzlies started using that logo. I do, however, think that this logo is probably just as successful and stays truer to the original without the shadowed face (basically flip the left side of the logo and paste it over the right).

bulls.png

sick logo none the less.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived