Red Sox and Cubs to Wear 1918 Throwbacks This Saturday

Audiodrama

Seriously tho', when you have a throwback as quality as that, it's an injustice not to keep it around as a weekend home alternate. Did they only wear them for 1 game back in '06?? Photos of the actual game are too hard to find. I just happen to remember seeing them wearing them the day after, and I can't find a photo. I so wished I had saved it. I remember seeing the pitcher wearing it, and the buttons on the jersey didn't go all the way down.

Thome1906FancyJersey.jpg

Those jerseys were worn three times in 2006. They wore them for the Sunday home game against the Cubs and a Sunday game against the Rangers when they unveiled statues of Fox and Aparicio. I was at both of those games. I don't remember when the third game was, I believe some time in September.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too wish the Redsox went with no numbers on the back. It would have made for a more authentic look. Also I think it would have been cool if the game was broadcast in black and white or at least an inning or two, to give the fans at home a throwback broadcast feel as well. i didnt know the Cubs did that in 08. Looks cool. Overall i love when teams have these throwback games, if a team did it once a year i think it would be cool

Seriously? Or am I missing the irony in your post?

LOL. Households didn't have TVs back in 1918.

Go A's!

No, but seriously, was there anything special about the Red Sox's caps, other than just a plain white hat?

They had the MLB logo on the back, but otherwise they're logoless white hats.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Photos of the actual game are too hard to find. I just happen to remember seeing them wearing them the day after, and I can't find a photo. I so wished I had saved it. I remember seeing the pitcher wearing it, and the buttons on the jersey didn't go all the way down.

05212006c.jpg

05212006h.jpg

05212006j.jpg

Archived