Michigan Throwback Jerseys Leaked

tron1013

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys know that the watercolors on those Heritage Sports Art prints don't represent every uniform a team has ever worn, right? There were other uniforms worn between the years on the plaques. I'm not saying that they definitely wore this uniform, but I am saying that they wore more uniforms than what's on that plaque.

You guys are also quite cynical sometimes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

we all seem to be under the assumption that we'll see the sleeves. let me ask, when is the last time anyone saw a college football player with sleeves. you may say, well what about underlayer sleeves like oregon state used? then once again i'll ask, when is the last time adidas covered anyone's arms?

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

As one-offs for a throwback game, they're great.

Agreed. They should be interesting. As someone else has mentioned, I'm curious to see how they work the sleeves.

What...CCSLC DOESN'T like a throwback uni?????!?!?!?

it's too different for them, and they'll say there's too much going on haha don't you know boring is awesome!!!

Here's what CCSLC would claim as the perfect throwback

ncaamw1923opt1pics.jpg

My first impulse was to tell both of you to :censored: off but I decided against it. If you find "CCSLC" too tame or boring for your tastes, I'm sure there are plenty of other sites where your particular type of genius might be better appreciated.

BB52Big.jpg

My first impulse was to tell both of you to :censored: off but I decided against it. If you find "CCSLC" too tame or boring for your tastes, I'm sure there are plenty of other sites where your particular type of genius might be better appreciated.

That's a bit harsh. There's definitely a couple people (a small minority) here that bitch and whine over just about any uniform more complicated than these:

penn%2Bstate.jpg

Kansas+City+Royals+v+Detroit+Tigers+U6SGJ7lPRhql.jpg

080823_ray_allen.jpg

penguins-vs-red-wings-game-2-stanley-finals.jpg

...etc. Granted, they don't speak for the whole CCSLC but I can see where that sort of closed-mindedness against anything new or modern would turn younger members off.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That's a bit harsh. There's definitely a couple people (a small minority) here that bitch and whine over just about any uniform more complicated than these:

penn%2Bstate.jpg

Everyone is unique and that's obviously why there's a plethora of different styles of uniforms. Some teams (mostly Big Ten) do look a lot better in traditional throwback style uniforms because football was created in that area and they've just retained that style...fits them. Other trendy areas such as the upper west coast (just one example) look better in "loud" uni's cause it fits them. The gripe I have with that unofficial Michigan throwback is that color combination in such a tightly striped pattern has a Georgia Tech/bumblebee look to it. But until we see the official product actually on a player and/or mannequin, none of us will really now how the whole package will look. I just think a thicker stripe pattern will look nicer on the current "stretchy" jerseys.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

...etc. Granted, they don't speak for the whole CCSLC but I can see where that sort of closed-mindedness against anything new or modern would turn younger members off.

My issue wasn't with their thoughts on old or boring uniforms. My issue was with "What...CCSLC DOESN'T like a throwback uni?????!?!?!? No, it's too different for them." When I see the place being referred to as "them" or people acting like they're "too cool" for the rest of us, I immediately think troll. Besides, they needed to get smacked around for lumping the entire place into one category.

BB52Big.jpg

What...CCSLC DOESN'T like a throwback uni?????!?!?!?

Well...when they are historically inaccurate out the whazzooo, as seems to be the case judging from mgoblog, yes.

Go figure; maybe most of us don't crap on things because it's not old-timey or "classic." Maybe we crap on it because it's ugly.

And yeah, this basically breaks my rules of thumb when it comes to throwbacks: 1) It has to be at least decent-looking & 2) It has to be accurate. Way to blow it, Michigan.

penn%2Bstate.jpg

Everyone is unique and that's obviously why there's a plethora of different styles of uniforms. Some teams (mostly Big Ten) do look a lot better in traditional throwback style uniforms because football was created in that area and they've just retained that style...fits them. Other trendy areas such as the upper west coast (just one example) look better in "loud" uni's cause it fits them. The gripe I have with that unofficial Michigan throwback is that color combination in such a tightly striped pattern has a Georgia Tech/bumblebee look to it. But until we see the official product actually on a player and/or mannequin, none of us will really now how the whole package will look. I just think a thicker stripe pattern will look nicer on the current "stretchy" jerseys.

I'm really glad Penn State "toned down" their uniforms. I hated all that "stripy mumbo jumbo"

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

My issue wasn't with their thoughts on old or boring uniforms. My issue was with "What...CCSLC DOESN'T like a throwback uni?????!?!?!? No, it's too different for them." When I see the place being referred to as "them" or people acting like they're "too cool" for the rest of us, I immediately think troll. Besides, they needed to get smacked around for lumping the entire place into one category.

Let's face it, the majority of CCSLC hates anything modern. If it wasn't true maybe I wouldn't have grouped everyone together.

Speaking of trolling. The 'traditionalists' may think what they do isn't trolling but whenever a new design comes out and they do nothing more than state how it sucks, well that is trolling. Everyone is guilty of it no matter what side of the jersey fence you are on.

Let's face it, the majority of CCSLC hates anything modern. If it wasn't true maybe I wouldn't have grouped everyone together.

Speaking of trolling. The 'traditionalists' may think what they do isn't trolling but whenever a new design comes out and they do nothing more than state how it sucks, well that is trolling. Everyone is guilty of it no matter what side of the jersey fence you are on.

First of all, stop lumping everybody into the same category. How :censored:ing hard is that to understand?

Secondly, commenting on a uniform or logo set isn't trolling. If somebody said I BET ALL OF THOSE MODERN OREGON FANS ARE GONNA LOVE THIS GAWDY :censored:, THAT would be trolling. So what you constantly do about anything traditional, THAT is trolling and adds absolutely nothing to the :censored:ing site. You're one of the people that has tried his hardest just to :censored:ing ruin this forum.

First of all, stop lumping everybody into the same category. How :censored:ing hard is that to understand?

Secondly, commenting on a uniform or logo set isn't trolling. If somebody said I BET ALL OF THOSE MODERN OREGON FANS ARE GONNA LOVE THIS GAWDY :censored:, THAT would be trolling. So what you constantly do about anything traditional, THAT is trolling and adds absolutely nothing to the :censored:ing site. You're one of the people that has tried his hardest just to :censored:ing ruin this forum.

I think you have me confused. Outside of this thread (which I was honestly surprised no one likes this uniform) I haven't made any sort of trolling remarks. Second, I along with every other Oregon fan here has been subject to constant traditionalist trolling in the exact same way you used as an 'example'. I'm constantly having my opinion shot down or unvalidated because I'm an Oregon fan. It gets old, it really does. Lights Out is right, it's the traditionalists who start the Oregon discussions, not the fans themselves. It's the Oregon fans who step in with their OPINION on the matter and are trolled back (save for a few posters who actually discuss their opinions rather than taking shots at Oregon fans knowledge/opinions on unis)

"Let's face it, the majority of CCSLC hates anything modern."

By definition, that kind of broad-brushing is trolling.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah - that's another thing that grinds my gears about the Sports Logos forum, the constant shooting-down of opinions for arbitrary reasons. I happen to like '90s looks and modern uniforms, but a lot of times, when I express this opinion, I'm told "you must be joking" or "you're just being a contrarian" or "stop trolling." God forbid I don't like all the plainest possible uniforms. It's just silly. I thought the point of this board was to discuss all sports uniforms but it seems some want to shut down half the discussion.

And then, when I actually try to stick up for my opinion, I have to read "stop generalizing" or "you're ruining the forum with this crap." Really? I admit that a lot of us modernists can generalize at time but the traditionalists are just as guilty, if not more, of generalizing. And if anything's ruining the forum, it's the annoying, pointless, dead-end Oregon argument that, again, is usually started by traditionalists.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think you have me confused. Outside of this thread (which I was honestly surprised no one likes this uniform)

Second, I along with every other Oregon fan here has been subject to constant traditionalist trolling in the exact same way you used as an 'example'. I'm constantly having my opinion shot down or unvalidated because I'm an Oregon fan.

First off, quite a few of us, myself included, have said we think the Michigan throwback is pretty nice. The biggest "complaint" I've seen so far is people wondering how they're going to handle the sleeves.

Second, I'm as "traditional" as it gets around here but there are quite a few Oregon combos that I think look pretty good. So nice try on that but you're wrong again.

Next time you decide to brand the entire "CCSLC" you might want to take a second and make sure you aren't going to end up sounding like someone who has their head up their ass.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah - that's another thing that grinds my gears about the Sports Logos forum, the constant shooting-down of opinions for arbitrary reasons. I happen to like '90s looks and modern uniforms, but a lot of times, when I express this opinion, I'm told "you must be joking"

I think you guys are taking that type of comment far too seriously. When I say "you're kidding right?" it's meant as a good natured jab. My guess is most others are kidding as well. I respect your right to enjoy ugly modern uniforms. Hopefully, you respect my right to enjoy plain and boring uniforms. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived