Michigan Throwback Jerseys Leaked

tron1013

Why do you guys have to label everyone a traditionalist or a modernist? Everyone's opinion and taste has shades of grey to it. A plain uniform doesn't automatically make a good uniform, and a modern uniform doesn't automatically make a bad one, and vice versa. The problem is when the uniform is overdone, which many 'modern' ones are. toning it back just a little bit goes a long way toward achieving a desirable balance of traditional and modern. Isn't that really the ultimate goal, creating something that both Lights Out and Infrared41 would buy in a heartbeat? That's probably the best decision in a pure business sense, without taking the marketing into account. You could certainly go to the other extreme, and the ultimate goal may be to simply make a bold statement, whether it's traditional or modern doesn't matter as long as it goes the whole nine yards one direction. Seems to be the philosophy Nike lives by, and there's nothing wrong with that, either.

But, there's no reason the uniform has to look like a clown suit, regardless of which direction you go.

Though even if it kinda does, it can still be an interesting look that would be fantastic as a throwback (IMHO of course):

SBbronko-nagurskiBlog.jpg

I'd love to see this on the field, though I'd probably switch up the socks to match the sleeves (basically wear the current socks). A uniform works best when it's simple and bold like this one, especially when the uniform is a little of the wall. Tapered stripes and contrast piping don't do it for me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like "racing style" stripes would have been the more obvious choice on that jersey, since they wouldn't be truncated and could run the entire length of what is a long sleeve. I wonder if it was a conscious design choice to do what they did, or if racing stripes weren't possible due to the construction of the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That reminds me...oddly enough, that jersey features something I despise in modern jerseys: truncated shoulder stripes, though as you said, these possibly were designed that way and never intended to wrap all the way around like a UCLA stripe.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

What are the pants going to look like? Helmets are the same w/ numbers on sides i believe.

The full uniforms will be released Friday night. Here is a mock up I did quickly just using the current helmet and pants:

DenardThrowback.jpg

And here is a promotional image. It looks like they have special gloves as well.

bw4ja.jpg

It looks like they will wear the usual pants, unless these have some sort of striping. Definitely maize though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

What are the pants going to look like? Helmets are the same w/ numbers on sides i believe.

The full uniforms will be released Friday night. Here is a mock up I did quickly just using the current helmet and pants:

DenardThrowback.jpg

And here is a promotional image. It looks like they have special gloves as well.

bw4ja.jpg

It looks like they will wear the usual pants, unless these have some sort of striping. Definitely maize though.

yikes talk about stripe overload...I think tan pants and a solid blue helmet would be more appropriate...either way it will be visually stimulating

After Dave Brandon denied that those were the jerseys, MDen has leaked them on their website. Small front numbers have been added to the left chest area.

ADN1100.jpg

nightgamejersey.jpg

Maybe I'll warm up to it once I see it on the field (or if it was anything close to a uniform that Michigan actually wore in the past compared to just mixing & matching stuff from the past onto one jersey, but I digress), but right now...ehhhh.

DenardThrowback.jpg

bw4ja.jpg

I like the different color pants idea but why in the world would they dump the most recognizable symbol of Michigan football to go with a plain helmet!? they have almost always had the wing just lil changes to it over the years.

yikes talk about stripe overload...I think tan pants and a solid blue helmet would be more appropriate...either way it will be visually stimulating

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Damn, those look fantastic.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The ND uniform is stunning.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived