Best NBA Uni by Franchise

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Damn, Dallas has NEVER had an attractive jersey."

Um...

dal_uni_02.jpg

I wouldn't mind this version again (minus the girl shorts).

Yeah, point proven. When compared to all the other stuff Dallas has worn, you can say those are the best. But that doesn't mean they are good. Nothing about that stands out as "good design". The design is incredibly bland and the colors are (IMO) pretty atrocious together. Its pretty blah. Not terribly ugly, just not a great look for a professional team.

From there they just simplified into some very, very, very boring blue jerseys with more uninspired wordmarks and font choices until landing on their current jerseys which are the complete opposite of what the franchise had worn up until that point. From simply boring to modern, overdesigned, busy mishmash with a very unoriginal/generic color palette, an ugly font, and just too much going on.

And its all the more disappointing because Dallas has some pretty great sports identities and Mavericks is one of the coolest nicknames in the league. Surely they can do better than what they have had in the past! Anyway, thats my take.

I quit after the Bucks... which do you like best: A uniform from the 80's, a novelty throwback from the 90's, their regular uniform from the 90's, or their current alternate. The Bob Lanier set are my favorite.

display_image.jpg

The shutter sides are unique, as well as the color. They morphed that into an all green set, which still looked pretty cool. Then they had to add purple because it was the 90s. Dammit 90s.

I quit after the Bucks... which do you like best: A uniform from the 80's, a novelty throwback from the 90's, their regular uniform from the 90's, or their current alternate. The Bob Lanier set are my favorite.

display_image.jpg

The shutter sides are unique, as well as the color. They morphed that into an all green set, which still looked pretty cool. Then they had to add purple because it was the 90s. Dammit 90s.

That's my favourite Bucks uni too. They kept the ultrastripe sides up to 1993, though.

display_image.jpg

That's my favourite Bucks uni too. They kept the ultrastripe sides up to 1993, though.

I prefer the Terry Cummings-era ones simply because I don't think green and red work all that well together and because double green is a combo that only the Bucks have ever used. But I'd be ecstatic if they brought back any version of the Irish Rainbow. I felt like they lost the most integral part of their identity when they switched to the purple power ranger look.

612382-terry_cummings_large.jpg

hahaha you've gotta be :censored:ing kidding

Nope. The color scheme and font were PERFECT for Utah. The mountains provided a strong identifying factor for the Jazz. Plus, that set had the cachet of two Finals appearances and the most successful era of Jazz history. There are few other uniform sets in the NBA with that perfect storm of identifying the region, looking unique (and good), and being tied to success, IMO.

However, these were God-awful:

jazz_kirilenko_240.jpg

When they started wearing those all the time, it ruined the look for me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 5/21/2011 at 0:05 PM, illwauk said:
On 5/21/2011 at 11:26 AM, Discogod said:
On 5/21/2011 at 10:32 AM, a3uge said:

I prefer the Terry Cummings-era ones simply because I don't think green and red work all that well together and because double green is a combo that only the Bucks have ever used. But I'd be ecstatic if they brought back any version of the Irish Rainbow. I felt like they lost the most integral part of their identity when they switched to the purple power ranger look.

I love green/red (Devils, in particular), but I am with you...the Cummings-era Bucks uniforms were tremendous. They were unique without being over the top (and if you think the Irish rainbow was over the top, fine...I'd take the two-green look without the Irish Rainbow anyway). If I did not know better I'd look at the two pictures and think the green/green came first and they decided to "force" the red onto it.

I wish they'd have kept the 80s era (except for the very 70s looking primary logo).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not bad, but saw a lot of home/away jerseys of same design though.

And how do you put those ugly Barkley jerseys in there and leave this out?

iverson.jpg

This is my favorite NBA Uniform of all time and it wasn't included in the teams top four. Disappointing but all opinions differ

256dy87.jpg

"Damn, Dallas has NEVER had an attractive jersey."

Um...

dal_uni_02.jpg

496862_display_image.jpg

dal_uni_07.jpg

9942BC61880D96AE363F5F_Large.jpg

Makes me wonder what Dirk would've looked like in a Bucks uniform if they weren't so stupid as to trade him away for Tractor Traylor...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

hahaha you've gotta be :censored:ing kidding

Nope. The color scheme and font were PERFECT for Utah. The mountains provided a strong identifying factor for the Jazz. Plus, that set had the cachet of two Finals appearances and the most successful era of Jazz history. There are few other uniform sets in the NBA with that perfect storm of identifying the region, looking unique (and good), and being tied to success, IMO.

However, these were God-awful:

jazz_kirilenko_240.jpg

When they started wearing those all the time, it ruined the look for me.

How is purple perfect for Utah, other than the entirely clichéd 'Purple Mountain's Majesty' reference that always comes up? I'd give you the sky blue and copper. Those are definitely Utah-centric, but not purple.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived