• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This shade of blue looks great:

alexander-shaun-rb-churns-forward-vs-oakland-sept-8-2002.jpg?w=620&h=930

This shade of blue looks like crap:

07--jag.jpg

Wait...they're the same color?

That's what I think is the (perceived by some) problem with the Seahawks' blue: in certain lighting it looks very drab.

I bet that a Seahawk jersey up close that someone is wearing looks very nice, but on TV in comparison to other uniforms, it doesn't. If they could tweak the shade in order for the color to pop more, that would go a long way.

This shade of blue looks like crap:

07--jag.jpg

Wait...they're the same color?

That's what I think is the (perceived by some) problem with the Seahawks' blue: in certain lighting it looks very drab.

I bet that a Seahawk jersey up close that someone is wearing looks very nice, but on TV in comparison to other uniforms, it doesn't. If they could tweak the shade in order for the color to pop more, that would go a long way.

Maybe, but I think the problem most are referring to are the monochrome look and the use of two colors so close to one another. I like the blue, but I wish they would lose the cap sleeves and monochrome look.

You hit the nail right on the Donkey ...

The Northwest weather is usually dreary where they don't get the best out of that shade of blue, and with a monochrome set it just makes for double overkill on a non-sunny day.

That away jersey with the blue sleeves makes the white pants which they usually wear on the road look even better for them.

I've never been a big admirer of white on white, but with them it works. ..

Keep the uniform designs as they are now. Tweak the colors to those of the Sounders so they're a bit more distinguishable. Enlarge the sleeve logo. Wear white pants at home and either pair on the road. That is all that needs to be done. The white pants is enough to put them in the top 5. That very slight color fix is enough to go even higher.

I think one of the biggest issues the Seahawks have is with the fabric Reebok uses. For whatever reason, their uniforms show sweat more than any other football uniforms I can think of. All fabric gets a little darker when wet, but for whatever reason, their jersey color changes drastically. The Heat's red unis until this year had the same sloppy problem. The blue pants get the peed-in look, but it isn't as pronounced as on the jersey. I can't think of a legitimate reason one shade of supposedly the same fabric would show wetness more than others.

The navy sleeves, which aren't dark enough to distinguish them from the puget blue, are also a problem. Still, if they changed the fabric and switched the outlines to lime green, it would eliminate the dreariness of the jersey which makes it look almost strange with the white pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My only problem with the Seahawks uniforms is that the two shades of blue are so close together. Switch out the Seahawks lighter blue with the Sounders and I think it would be perfect. I don't think the Seahawks would be better off using the Sounders green, their's is just fine.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Keep the uniform designs as they are now. Tweak the colors to those of the Sounders so they're a bit more distinguishable. Enlarge the sleeve logo. Wear white pants at home and either pair on the road. That is all that needs to be done. The white pants is enough to put them in the top 5. That very slight color fix is enough to go even higher.

Whoa, whoa. Let's not go overboard here. There are far too many classic looks in football to put even the best possible Seahawks combos anywhere near the top five.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Whoa, whoa. Let's not go overboard here. There are far too many classic looks in football to put even the best possible Seahawks combos anywhere near the top five.

And no one is a bigger fan of those classic looks than I am but...McCall is right. If the Seahawks go to white pants at home they're top five in my opinion.

I can't think of five uniforms I'd put ahead of this. And that's coming from a hardcore "traditionalist." There are quite a few that look just as good but I honestly don't know if there are five looks that are significantly "better."

07--jag.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

The 'hawks current uniforms are outstanding. I wish they would occasionally rock the white pants at home and the blue on the road for a little variety like the Bucs do with pewter pants.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

It's the colors. The royal and kelly are brighter, they give off more energy. I can see why they'd be preferred...hell I like them myself. That said, I also like the current 'Hawks look, though like 'Red up there, I'd like to see the Hawks actually attempt to pair those Puget Slate jerseys with the white pants at least some of the time. I agree, they've become known for the monochrome, it's kinda their thing now, but those white pants really does make the numbers/NOB pop right off that dark jersey. On the road, that pic of Shaun Alexander (by the way, what the hell ever happened to him?) shows what the Hawks should do primarily on the road, in my opinion.

And I still maintain they should go back to the numbers they used to use, just outline them in the darker navy and they'd be good to go. (And obviously, enlarge those sleeve logos or get rid of them altogether.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Shaun Alexander (by the way, what the hell ever happened to him?)

Yeah, really. Even by the league's normal chew-em-up-spit-em-out treatment of running backs, that guy got spit the hell out.

The only thing that's better about the old Seahawks package is the honest-to-goodness sleeve stripe. The teensy little sleeve patch they have now is pointless. Other than that, they look like the poor man's Lions and represent perpetual 8-8ness in a horrible stadium. Let it go.

oh, and five better uniforms than the Seahawks in white pants: Bears home, Colts road, Raiders home, Packers home, Chiefs road. There would be more, too. That was easy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow, did me and Infrared switch brains or something? Because I'm waiting on the day the Seahawks bring these back:

gallowayseattle.JPG

100420-kennnedy.jpg

Nope. The fact that I'm arguing the "modern" side while you're calling for the "throwback" look is just further proof that we can't lump people into one camp or the other. But I have to admit that it is weird to see us so "out of character."

BB52Big.jpg

Shaun Alexander (by the way, what the hell ever happened to him?)

Yeah, really. Even by the league's normal chew-em-up-spit-em-out treatment of running backs, that guy got spit the hell out.

The only thing that's better about the old Seahawks package is the honest-to-goodness sleeve stripe. The teensy little sleeve patch they have now is pointless. Other than that, they look like the poor man's Lions and represent perpetual 8-8ness in a horrible stadium. Let it go.

oh, and five better uniforms than the Seahawks in white pants: Bears home, Colts road, Raiders home, Packers home, Chiefs road. There would be more, too. That was easy.

Chiefs rank middle of the road with either set. And that's being kind.

Wow, did me and Infrared switch brains or something? Because I'm waiting on the day the Seahawks bring these back:

gallowayseattle.JPG

100420-kennnedy.jpg

In a sports world of dark navy and muted blues, a royal blue really stands out doesn't it? Very sharp. Although, look at the end zone... navy blue. Why?

The team in recent years have emphasized the neon green so much, I wonder if they want to keep that. It's so unique in its own way.

I actually don't mind the monocrhome and the all white looks at all. My only problem is that they are the only looks the team has used for so long. Sometimes, I wish that they would change it up for some contrast on the TV.

During the playoffs, wouldn't the blue jerseys with white pants look so much better against the Saints in white jersey/black pants?

marshawn-lynch-nfl-seahawks-saints.jpg

There was too much dark in that game under cloudy skies. I just hope that the new change will give the team more opportunities to mix and match instead of going monochrome always at home and all white always on the road.

Go A's!

Other than that, they look like the poor man's Lions and represent perpetual 8-8ness in a horrible stadium. Let it go.

A poor man's LIONS and a horrible stadium, sad but true .. :P

Your ratings are your opinion only, but the CHIEFS on the road depends whether or not they're in red pants .... cuz their white on white is very boring

Archived