Seahawks talking to Nike about 2012 changes

jfurdell

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can most people agree that the nfl is in better hands with the nfl than reebok?

The reflexive redundancy people sure seem think so.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm waiting on the day the Seahawks bring these back:

gallowayseattle.JPG

I really like the idea of these but think they would need to be updated.

The newer bird in these colors, add some green trim to the numbers, simplify the collar, and make the stripes on the pants blue/white/green, matching the logo. The pants don't match anything and it's really weird.

However, the colors and lack of two-tone :censored:ing blue is a big upgrade over their current duds.

I'm waiting on the day the Seahawks bring these back:

gallowayseattle.JPG

I really like the idea of these but think they would need to be updated.

The newer bird in these colors, add some green trim to the numbers, simplify the collar, and make the stripes on the pants blue/white/green, matching the logo. The pants don't match anything and it's really weird.

However, the colors and lack of two-tone :censored:ing blue is a big upgrade over their current duds.

This. The old Seahawks set was going in the right direction, just needed some improvements. Recolor the current bird in the old colors, and make some other necessary changes, and you've got a great uniform. That old color scheme is much better than the dreary color scheme they have now.

That said, wearing the current home uniform with white pants would be a major improvement. Right now, they have depressing, dreary uniforms. Even if the weather in a city is that way, a team shouldn't look dreary.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

An often overlooked possibility: what if the Seahawks inverted the colors on their jerseys, and went with the darker blue for the main color of the jersey, with the lighter (relatively) blue being the color of the sleeves, instead of the current uniform, which is the opposite. With this, you'd almost have to use white pants, so that eliminates the pesky monochrome. I think that'd look considerably less dreary than their current look.

I'd still prefer a return to the old blue-and-green, but simply making the darker blue the dominant color could make the Seahawks looks a lot better. That Puget Sound blue might work as a trim color, but I really don't like it as the dominant color of a jersey.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Honestly, I greatly prefer the old Seahawks logo. They got it right the first time.

Looks dated to me.

I like the original better too, definitely. The whole point was a PNW Native American style. You lose a lot of that with the revision. Now it's more a generic 'angry animal' graphic.

Let's see somebody do a concept with

• Original logo
  • Sounders colors

Funny how in this case, most of the older members are saying that they prefer the Seahawks' current look while the younger ones are the ones calling for a return to the original set.

Seattle's current look is nigh-perfect, even with the blue pants. The palette suits Seattle (and most of the PNW for that matter) to a T. The only thing I'd do, really, is increase the amount of lime green in the uniform set. They don't need an overhaul by any stretch of the imagination.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Funny how in this case, most of the older members are saying that they prefer the Seahawks' current look while the younger ones are the ones calling for a return to the original set.

Seattle's current look is nigh-perfect, even with the blue pants. The palette suits Seattle (and most of the PNW for that matter) to a T. The only thing I'd do, really, is increase the amount of lime green in the uniform set. They don't need an overhaul by any stretch of the imagination.

Wet, cloudy, and depressing may be the Pacific Northwest's climate, but that doesn't mean a team has to look that depressing too. Their current uniform design is fine, but they need to liven up the colors by using more lime green and definitely make the 2 shades of blue easier to tell apart.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Like the direction but don't like the grey beak in the

logo.

I did that just to bring some silver into the jersey. Originally I added the silver around the numbers but I didn't like the way it looked. I tried using the lime around them as well and this is what it looked like.

NFLConcept-2012SeattleSeahawksv2.png

OK, this is one of those things that I've thought about for a while now, and I'm just going to put it out there: Monochrome Lime Green. THis isn't like the Penn State comment in which I was joking. I personally would love seattle to do this as a one game thing, preferably against someone like the bears. It would look so bad it would be good.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

can most people agree that the nfl is in better hands with the nfl than reebok?

I think what we can all REALLY agree on is that, with Seattle's colors and helmet..... Nike will have much, much, MUCH, much fun with the Seahawks unis.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived