Tampa Bay Rays

BrandMooreArt

having some fun with my Pro Combat MLB designs. this is the first team thats finished.

Logos - i think the Rays serif typeface is really ridged and boring for baseball. it lacks personality, even with the cool "R" in Rays. so i went with a script, but not something thats typical of baseball. its modern and "flows" well like water, which works for a Florida team i think. i updated the "TB" mark with the same typeface. the number and name font is much simpler and has a nice contrast to the logos

colors - currently the yellow just seems out of place, it really draws your eye on the current logo to a stupid little sun ray or "bling". whatever it is. just eliminating that does wonders for the whole uniform. ive made the plaid pattern pretty dominant because i think its a genius branding element. especially for team who wears blue and white, it separates them from all the other blue teams.

Pro Combat - this is the main reason for all my baseball concepts. ive decided to make some changes to the uniform itself, the jersey being a vest and the undershirt the same as on the football unis. ive also Deebo'd, as Buc said, some of the football mesh/stitching and applied it to the pants and jersey. instead of spending hours on "how to make a baseball uni better" i figured Nike did all the research and got it right, so copying them isnt a bad idea. the whole idea of Pro Combat designs is to capture something unique and meaningful about the team and use that as a focal point. obviously, plaid was the way to go here

2e4dkb8.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Plaid is a really great idea for them, but you've really taken it too far with this concept. It needs to be complimentary, not primary.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The new script is fantastic, and I aboslutly love the plaid bill on the hat. I am not tottaly sold on the plaid numbers but I think I could get used to them. The alt is really the problem for me, I would like to see maybe the undershirt plaid with the vest dark blue. You could also try a light blue vest with a dark blue plaid undershirt if you didnt want it to look to much like the home. All in all though a big upgrade!!!

Forgot to mention the b-e-a-utiful white helmet!!!

I really love the plaid bill on the hats, but I agree with the others that the plaid numbers are too much. I actually don't mind the plaid alt though. It is Pro Combat after all, and the pitchers did wear plaid blazers.

The updated logos are excellent though, much better than what they have now.

Normally I would agree that the plaid is too much, but since these are supposed to be Pro Combat inspired I think it works perfectly. In fact, I think this has the potential to be one of the more interesting threads the concepts folder has seen lately... can't wait to see what else you come up with!

I think I'd make the TB plaid and the numbers white if only for the sake of visibility. But even though I didn't have a problem with the plaid jerseys, I have to say this is a more visually pleasing look.

thanks for the feedback guys. i know the plaid is intense, so i changed up the Pro Combat jersey. i think for my own file, ill keep the blue plaid jersey, but its worth showing the reverse here.

2hx7gbn.png

I like it. Although I'm not a big fan of "wordmark = cap logo," a la Japan in the WBC. If there's some alternate logo that could go there I'd like it better personally, but I understand not using the "TB" logo to avoid overuse.

I agree about the JB thing, just truncate the end of the T a little. The balance will be to get enough off so it looks like a T and not so much that it looks like Toronto's T logo.

I think I'd make the TB plaid and the numbers white.

I also agree with this.

What's the little logo on the sleeve? A watermark?

I also really like the new template.

Grunge-Logos.png

I really like your idea here for the whole project. And I love plaid so thumbs up there. Something about the logos is missing though. I think there needs to be something more than a monogram and script as the logo set. I know the focus here is the pro combat uniforms, but I think the concept is just missing, and deserves, a complete logo set.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I really like your idea here for the whole project. And I love plaid so thumbs up there. Something about the logos is missing though. I think there needs to be something more than a monogram and script as the logo set. I know the focus here is the pro combat uniforms, but I think the concept is just missing, and deserves, a complete logo set.

i know what you mean. maybe i took too much out of their primary? the uniforms are still very similar though right with just the wordmark and monogram?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'd reeeeeeally like to see a Ray, not a sunshine ray, but a manta ray. Also, I don't know if I'm the only one to think this, but I'd see this more as a Lady Rays set, not a Tampa Bay Rays set. I understand where you're coming from with the water flow looking script, but it's just a bit too "unconventional" for an MLB team, IMHO. Although I agree the Rays script now is god-awfully boring, bland, and looking to belong to a financial group before it represented a baseball team, this would not be my ideal way to go with a change.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

i know what you mean. maybe i took too much out of their primary? the uniforms are still very similar though right with just the wordmark and monogram?

yeah but I'd still say it needs more of a "primary" logo. Maybe even a crest or something including a baseball. Use it as an alternate cap and maybe throw it on the sleeve as a patch

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived