Tampa Bay Rays

BrandMooreArt

Jampa Bay?

i was worried about that. cut some of the tail off the "T"?

Looks better. I've seen a similar emphasis in other concepts that accentuate a "T" with script-like letting. It's hard to give it some character at the lower part with out it starting to look off.

First off...I really gotta stop including so much everyday speech in my posts. :P Second, on to my critique.

DISLIKES:

- NOB/number font...only because with all the added flavor, the DIN-ish font might take it a lil' too far. Might be better to stick with the basic baseball block numbers the Rays currently use, and integrate the plaid there.

- Plaid...but this is not your fault; it's the fault of the team. I get that it's their own little "quirk"...but plaid + Florida + marine/sun nickname really doesn't jive too well together in my mind.

- Colors...but, again, this is not your fault, but rather that of the team for getting suckered into the two-blue scheme in the first place.

Considering what Nike has done with the Rivalry sets they've churned out in CFB, this concept really, REALLY captures the spirit and essence of that. It takes the one unique identifying feature the Rays have now (that aforementioned plaid) and plays it up. I also like the new monogram/script styles as well. I would, however, suggest moving that TB monogram on the plaid jersey on over to the (wearer's) left chest and off-center, just to cut down on (what could be seen as an) overload of quirks going on here. I also REALLY like that there's no sea creature, nor glint, present anywhere on any part of this uniform, so that helps aid the disambiguation of their already schizophrenic (dare I say schizophrenic) identity.

Also, I'll say this: there are times when a concept comes across these parts that end up changing the way people do concepts. My friend, you might have just set off a new craze around here...Pro Combat baseball. When these type of concepts begin to blow up around here (and mark my words...you WILL see others come behind this), just know that you started it. Gon' pat yourself on the back for being a trendsetter, guy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived