Sports Trading Cards

AlaskaAJ

Still do collect hockey cards.. got a few sets done.. and some other sets are almost completed but missing some cards.. so close to getting them done and others I still have to check to see how many cards are missing for some specific sets.. oh well... would love to do some hockey card trading with someone in here or other place...

Well, I got about 3 binders of '90s and 2000s cards. Let's get this ring started!

would love to do this with ya.. we ought to chat about sending cards and etc.. let me know, man...

Any specific sets you're looking for?

Let me get back to you on this.. am waiting for word from someone about some missing cards list to fill first.. then we can talk about it.. and I will give ya some lists later ok?

sure... no rush

ccslcsig-4.png

um i got about 15 binders of GOOD cards from all 4 sports. i got alot of gooddies too, but there is no hobby shop here anymore, the only places i can get then is by going to target or walmart. im looking for good deals on boxes of cards,any places that are good online ??

Go to Dave and Adam's Card World they have a lot of cards. Their website is dacardworld.com.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

• 1 year later...

I've been collecting since I was a kid. Once in high school I traded all my basketball cards for a friend's football cards. I'm pretty much stuck to football only ever since then. I've got 10's of thousands of football cards and I've got over 50k Denver Broncos football cards.

I don't collect parallels or high end stuff. I do collected Playoff Contenders autographs and unfortunately I've had a hard time getting my hands on a Julius Thomas. I also collect Darrent Williams cards; he's the only player I collect parallels of. I'm still in need of 8 of them and I'll have a complete collection of all the cards that were produced of him outside of the 1/1's.

Back in high school I used to design and write up my own sets of cards. I've designed several since then and even made some templates.

I'm not a huge collector, but I have some partial sets and ONE completed set. The one complete set that I have is 1991-92 OPC, and it has quite the story behind it.

About 4 years ago, someone gave my pastor about 25 boxes of that set, but he could care less about hockey (he's American and a huge NFL fan) He divided them up between us teen guys in the church and I got about 8 boxes. None of the boxes had ever been opened, and each pack inside the boxes even still had the bubble gum inside. The gum had since gone nasty and had ruined the top card in each pack. I figure by the time I was done, in the span of a week, I threw out nearly 100 cards, kept 528, and had nearly 1,000 duplicates (I seriously had a stack nearly three feet high) I then sold my box of duplicates for $10 at a garage sale.

$10 profit, a complete set, and a week of fun opening hockey cards.

Is that the set that used the 40th Anniversary Topps baseball design? I want to say that was the first year which Topps baseball, football, basketball, and hockey all shared the same design. (I know for sure they did it in '92.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I have 10 years' worth of MLB boxed sets (Topps) from 1983-1992 and I'm wanting to sell them. On ebay the boxed sets don't get much love that I can see. Is it better to sell the good ones out of the set instead? If so, then each has to be graded, which costs extra dough. Just looking for some advice.

get the 1992 Jeter graded and throw the rest away

1zgyd8w.jpg

Yeah the 85 McGwire and 86 Bonds used to be worth so much more than they are now. Everything mid 80s up to the strike year of 94 is crap except the first Upper Deck set of 1989.

With Upper Deck losing 3 of the 4 main pro licenses, I only collect the hockey set each year now. I have every hobby Upper Deck set in baseball (1989 through 2010), hockey (1990-91 through present), football (1991 through 2009*), basketball (1991-92 through 2009-10*) and NASCAR (1995 through 2000), but I still need about 50 cards to complete this past year's hockey set. I also have every Fleer baseball set from 1981 through 1994 (including Update sets) and every Topps baseball set from 1981 through 1997 (including Traded sets), plus a few random sets here and there like 1991 Stadium Club and Fleer Ultra...

(* - For football and basketball, UD put out hobby sets the following years that showed random players in their college uniforms. Not interested...)

Yeah the 85 McGwire and 86 Bonds used to be worth so much more than they are now. Everything mid 80s up to the strike year of 94 is crap except the first Upper Deck set of 1989.

With Upper Deck losing 3 of the 4 main pro licenses, I only collect the hockey set each year now. I have every hobby Upper Deck set in baseball (1989 through 2010), hockey (1990-91 through present), football (1991 through 2009*), basketball (1991-92 through 2009-10*) and NASCAR (1995 through 2000), but I still need about 50 cards to complete this past year's hockey set. I also have every Fleer baseball set from 1981 through 1994 (including Update sets) and every Topps baseball set from 1981 through 1997 (including Traded sets), plus a few random sets here and there like 1991 Stadium Club and Fleer Ultra...

(* - For football and basketball, UD put out hobby sets the following years that showed random players in their college uniforms. Not interested...)

In the Upper Deck NASCAR sets, do they do pictures of the cars? I'm more interested in the paint schemes than a picture of Jimmy Spencer!

Yeah, depending on the set, it was usually 50 driver pics followed by 50 of their cars, plus ones from random events, and the 1998 set had pics of the new awesome Ford Taurus. :grin:

I'm not a huge collector, but I have some partial sets and ONE completed set. The one complete set that I have is 1991-92 OPC, and it has quite the story behind it.

About 4 years ago, someone gave my pastor about 25 boxes of that set, but he could care less about hockey (he's American and a huge NFL fan) He divided them up between us teen guys in the church and I got about 8 boxes. None of the boxes had ever been opened, and each pack inside the boxes even still had the bubble gum inside. The gum had since gone nasty and had ruined the top card in each pack. I figure by the time I was done, in the span of a week, I threw out nearly 100 cards, kept 528, and had nearly 1,000 duplicates (I seriously had a stack nearly three feet high) I then sold my box of duplicates for $10 at a garage sale.

$10 profit, a complete set, and a week of fun opening hockey cards.

Is that the set that used the 40th Anniversary Topps baseball design? I want to say that was the first year which Topps baseball, football, basketball, and hockey all shared the same design. (I know for sure they did it in '92.)

1299516827159_nlclassifieds_044_resized.jpg

Carson.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I stand corrected

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived