• Created
  • Last Reply

Helmet stripes in the UFL:

California Redwoods

vifysgqfgdk3er5hqmyp6fvg1.gif

Florida Tuskers

o44219ds9vfkffqm8bupvmuv3.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

:censored:-storm incoming in 5... 4... 3...

And you were wondering why I called out those two in the Michigan thread.

He was taking a 'friendly jab' at the thought of another long ass argument, calm down

:censored:-storm incoming in 5... 4... 3...

And you were wondering why I called out those two in the Michigan thread.

He posted a comment about his favorite helmet, not one that's "outside the hat". Don't see how it's my fault he wasn't paying attention to the topic?

"You get a sticker for being good" is one of the silliest college sports things around. It's like they're running a goddamn day care. Maybe after the game, win or lose, they can all go to the DQ.

I said the exact same thing a couple days ago, and a bunch of the Ohio State fans on here got all pissy and insisted that it's some grand tradition that can never be changed. It's not! Just because it's been done for a while doesn't mean the whole pride-sticker thing isn't ugly and immature. Save the "good job" stickers for elementary school where they're appropriate.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just thought of one, Division III's St. John's University of Collegeville, Minnesota, that I believe I saw on NFL Films when they did a piece on their coach (John Gagliardi). He has the most wins in all of college football and has some unusual coaching philosophies:

• No blocking sleds or dummies
  • No athletic scholarships
  • No compulsory weightlifting program
  • No whistles
  • No "coach" - players call him John
  • No tackling in practice - players wear shorts or sweats
  • No long practices - an hour and a half or less

Here's a picture of their helmet that has a single stripe, the player's number on both sides, and their last names just above the nose bumper :

5020394403_c935d84946_z.jpg

Just thought of one, Division III's St. John's University of Collegeville, Minnesota, that I believe I saw on NFL Films when they did a piece on their coach (John Gagliardi). He has the most wins in all of college football and has some unusual coaching philosophies:

No blocking sleds or dummies

No athletic scholarships

No compulsory weightlifting program

No whistles

No "coach" - players call him John

No tackling in practice - players wear shorts or sweats

No long practices - an hour and a half or less

Sports Illustrated did a piece on Gagliardi a few years back. When it comes to coaching football, I think he has the right idea. I've never understood why you'd want to beat hell out of your players all week and then expect them to be in top shape physically on game day. My guess is his players win because they are taking the same beating other teams do.

Don't forget he also makes his team lie in the grass and stare at the clouds on occasion.

OK, sorry to veer off course...we now resume with our regularly scheduled programming.

BB52Big.jpg

That's pretty cool IMO. Could be better implemented (name in team's script or block font to match the numbers on helmet) but it really does a good job of making each helmet THAT players helmet but keeping the team feel too.

Here's a picture of their helmet that has a single stripe, the player's number on both sides, and their last names just above the nose bumper :

GREAT idea ... only 19 years too late :therock:

nfl-bills-super_bowl_xxvi_thomas-thurman-34-blue-1992-stockpic1.jpg

What are we supposed to see here?

What are we supposed to see here?

Thurman Thomas couldn't find his helmet at the start to Super Bowl XXVI (pictured) and missed the Bills' first offensive series. Despite Thomas being one of the best RBs in the NFL at the time, Kenneth Davis started in his place.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived