100th Indy 500

Burkell007

Granted speeds are much greater then that of Nascar, but in Nascar a lapped car is usually supposed to take the high line and at least slow down enough to let the lead cars pass.

Wheldon got a gift today.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Granted speeds are much greater then that of Nascar, but in Nascar a lapped car is usually supposed to take the high line and at least slow down enough to let the lead cars pass.

Wheldon got a gift today.

Wheldon got the bigger racing gift so far today. I thought that Vettel got lucky with a caution in Monaco this morning, but d@mn that was shocking.

Wheldon was past Hildebrand with the lights still on green. ABC had that camera in turn 4 headed to the finish line. Plus,. Panther Racing cannot protest the decision of the INDYCAR Senior Official either by rule.

Damn, that was a hell of a race. See the yellow lights go on, look over to see the yellow and checkered flag, look back down and all of the sudden Wheldon's coming through before the #4 machine, and then Hildebrand is up against the wall. A really crazy finish to an all-around crazy race.

/Graham Rahal is the best American race car driver at this moment. Period.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm not a racing fan, but I caught the end of this, and oh man does my heart go out to that poor guy. What a terrible way to win and lose the race. Craziest thing is that he almost won it skidding over the finish line with three wheels! Now that would've been a finish befitting a centennial.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived