Nike's Volt

ConnMann5

I was wondering what everyone thinks about Nike's use of the Volt(lime green/neon yellow) cleats and socks. The Oregon Ducks used them in the National championship in their well put together uniform, however Syracuse's lacrosse team tried to pull the look off over the weekend and it did not look as sharp. Both of these teams lost the game. Any thoughts...?

syracusemarylandlacrosse.jpg?w=420

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are no words to describe how much I despise this. When I saw it on the field I thought I was dreaming.

they try to justify it, saying it makes players more visible. ehhh...white vs. red...can't be any clearer...

let me just say, I wish the world did end when I see stuff like this

If this were soccer and they were wearing an alternate uniform I'd be fine with it. Mixing it in with team colors that don't go along with it is a bad idea. It mixed in well with Oregon's because the whole look was based around it. It doesn't work with Syracuse

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I was wondering what everyone thinks about Nike's use of the Volt(lime green/neon yellow) cleats and socks. The Oregon Ducks used them in the National championship in their well put together uniform, however Syracuse's lacrosse team tried to pull the look off over the weekend and it did not look as sharp. Both of these teams lost the game. Any thoughts...?

Yes, you'll find them here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=77901&view=findpost&p=1548763

While Iam excited for Nike to take over the NFL, at the same time Iam terrified that this will carry over to the NFL along with their Pro Combat designs. These just look terrible. As others have said it worked for Oregon because the uniform was designed around that color. I pray to god that the NFL wont allow Nike to add colors to uniforms that arent team colors BFBS included.

Broncos-Sig-2.gif

While Iam excited for Nike to take over the NFL, at the same time Iam terrified that this will carry over to the NFL along with their Pro Combat designs. These just look terrible. As others have said it worked for Oregon because the uniform was designed around that color. I pray to god that the NFL wont allow Nike to add colors to uniforms that arent team colors BFBS included.

They can't anyways. The NFL has strict uniform rules.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Hate that color. So incredibly ugly. I didn't even really like it on Oregon. It at least fit, but was still ugly. This is just godawful though.

This color invading the NFL would be worse than the pink breast cancer stuff.

The reason being that soccer teams do not regulate what footwear the players use. They are free to use whichever brand/style/color they please. That colorway seen in the photo of silver and orange was Nike's primary colorway for the World Cup. Therefore the players who wore Nike shoes used them. Still, they're free to use say a yellow Adidas shoe, or a black Umbro model, or whichever. It is up to the player and not deemed a part of the actual uniform.

But as you can see, the various colors do not creep into the actual team uniforms. They are only utilized within the footwear.

Yes, you'll find them here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=77901&view=findpost&p=1548763

While your there, enjoy other gems such as BIRD WINGS REPLACING A TIME-HONORED TRADITION ON A HELMET, POLO STRIPES ON A JERSEY, and my personal favorite, SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES ^_^

And yes, this is up there with the orange-out in football for the "worst thing to ever happen to Syracuse uniforms".

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The reason being that soccer teams do not regulate what footwear the players use. They are free to use whichever brand/style/color they please. That colorway seen in the photo of silver and orange was Nike's primary colorway for the World Cup. Therefore the players who wore Nike shoes used them. Still, they're free to use say a yellow Adidas shoe, or a black Umbro model, or whichever. It is up to the player and not deemed a part of the actual uniform.

But as you can see, the various colors do not creep into the actual team uniforms. They are only utilized within the footwear.

I guess I meant the manufactures colors being in the shoes. Players in the US make personal shoe decisions as well but u don't see Peyton manning wearing orange zig techs on Sunday's... My point was it seems to be ok in soccer but not other us based sports.

Point taken on the uniforms however. That is new and disturbing...

I guess I meant the manufactures colors being in the shoes. Players in the US make personal shoe decisions as well but u don't see Peyton manning wearing orange zig techs on Sunday's... My point was it seems to be ok in soccer but not other us based sports.

Point taken on the uniforms however. That is new and disturbing...

Ok I get what you are saying about Peyton Manning, but then again, the NFL also has regulations on what footwear models and colors are acceptable. If I recall, Peyton got fined for wearing all black or maybe white high tops (different than the team specified ones is the point) to honor Namath or someone like that. I guess my point is that you don't see NFL players wearing flashy colors because they have guidelines and will face penalties if they do so. Soccer players do not. Not saying I like the flashy colors (I don't), but just trying to establish an understanding.

Paul Lukas looks a whole lot smarter, when he was complaining about Nike's corporate agenda.

He has never looked smart.

on topic, like other people have said it looked awesome with oregon because it matched. If it doesn't match it is just out of place. Syracuse looks like a mess

I feel like I may be completely wrong on this(or the people who told me are). I heard the reason they wore that color was to honor the military, like yellow ribbons. I was told that by some of my coaches who surprisingly almost as interested in sports uniforms as I am. Like I said, this may be wrong but I'm just putting it out there.

maehl.png

I feel like I may be completely wrong on this(or the people who told me are). I heard the reason they wore that color was to honor the military, like yellow ribbons. I was told that by some of my coaches who surprisingly almost as interested in sports uniforms as I am. Like I said, this may be wrong but I'm just putting it out there.

Oh hell no... If there's even a grain of truth to that, I think we just found how Volt will infiltrate the NFL.

spacer.png

Archived