DrAwesomeberry

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/26/2011 at 7:29 AM, Bouj said:
On 5/26/2011 at 1:31 AM, rainmaker17 said:

I still can't believe people have a soft spot for THIS:

To each his own I guess.

It's the same sort of people who have a soft spot for the Tequila Sunrise Astros or mod-style Padres. Nostalgia makes people fondly remember things that shouldn't be so fondly remembered.

Some people may do that, but I (who would never call for a return of the rainbow guts or weird past White Sox unis that I grew up with) absolutely LOVE the old Texas cap and think it's better than the current. The new "T" and the font throughout (particularly, as often mentioned) on the NOB just seems to look like they tried to hard. Gimme that cap any day. That powder blue uniform was bad, but some of their jerseys they wore with that hat were nice (Nolan Ryan era).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

txr.jpg

To each his own I guess.

It's the same sort of people who have a soft spot for the Tequila Sunrise Astros or mod-style Padres. Nostalgia makes people fondly remember things that shouldn't be so fondly remembered.

Some people may do that, but I (who would never call for a return of the rainbow guts or weird past White Sox unis that I grew up with) absolutely LOVE the old Texas cap and think it's better than the current. The new "T" and the font throughout (particularly, as often mentioned) on the NOB just seems to look like they tried to hard. Gimme that cap any day. That powder blue uniform was bad, but some of their jerseys they wore with that hat were nice (Nolan Ryan era).

The problem with the NOB font is that on the white and grey primary jerseys, they added that stupid black drop shadow, making them damn near unreadable from a distance.

txr.jpg

To each his own I guess.

Or, just maybe, some people have different taste than you.

If you'd like people to repect your opinion, try not to be so condesending about other opinions.

From '01 to '08 this was their font

Rangersnob.gif

Standard MLB Block with a drop shadow on the number. They wisely kept the drop shadow off of the name. The black created possibly the worst hat in Texas Rangers history, however.

texas-rangers-royal-blue-black-brim-alternate-authentic-field-fitted-hat-3132084.jpg

This is their current font.

Rangersnewnob.gif

New custom font with drop shadow on both the name and the number. It makes the name illegible.

From '01 to '08 this was their font

Rangersnob.gif

Standard MLB Block with a drop shadow on the number. They wisely kept the drop shadow off of the name. The black created possibly the worst hat in Texas Rangers history, however.

texas-rangers-royal-blue-black-brim-alternate-authentic-field-fitted-hat-3132084.jpg

This is their current font.

Rangersnewnob.gif

New custom font with drop shadow on both the name and the number. It makes the name illegible.

What they should do is go with the NOB style on the blue and red uniforms, while of course, eliminating all traces of black from their identity.

Lots of people rag on it, but that custom NOB font would be just fine if it were single outline. Two outlines and a drop shadow is too much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lots of people rag on it, but that custom NOB font would be just fine if it were single outline. Two outlines and a drop shadow is too much.

I mainly agree. I like the double outline, especially on the road greys. Blue character, white outline tied together with the red. The useless black shadow pisses me off. Not as bad as the ridiculous vests they trotted out a few years ago, but getting close.

newsig.jpg

There is no reason for a NOB to consist of 4 colors. A single outline is the way to go (though no outline would work too, as it would enhance the stylized numbers.)

Forget about the awkward "thorns" in the number font for a minute (though it's hard to do), but the multiple outlines even look like too much there too. I don't mind the black shadow as much as most, but the white outline really takes away from everything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I always dug this logo too:

1371_display_image.gif?1302490908

Does it make anybody else feel old when you saw "throwback" uniforms when the team actually wore them? I went to a Rangers game in 1973 and still have a pennant with that logo on it. :o

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

txr.jpg

To each his own I guess.

If you'd like people to repect your opinion, try not to be so condesending about other opinions.

Thank you, Mr. Internet Manners Patrol.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Texas Rangers are the AL's version of the San Diego Padres - a new look every 2-3 years on average, with none of them quite being good enough to survive long term without changes.

That said, I'd personally like to see a Rangers-Twins game with each team decked out in Senators gear: the Twins wearing something from the original club's era, the Rangers wearing something from the 1960's team.

nav-logo.png

txr.jpg

To each his own I guess.

Thank you, Mr. Internet Manners Patrol.

And way to prove his point.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived