Winnipeg Jets Concept

speedy

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before there's an influx of Jets concepts here on the boards, so I figured I'd get mine out of the way early.

Starting with the logos, it's more or less an update of their last crest in Winnipeg with a small piece of their WHA days with the jumbo jet replacing the triangular flying object. I tried to stay true to the 90's logo while still making it feasible in present times. For the shoulder patch, there's not much to say that isn't already explained by looking at it - it's a jet.

I've darkened the shade of blue the original Jets used in order to make the small amount of red really pop, good or bad?

jets1.png

Now I know I'm going to take some flack around here for not including hem stripes, but I like the simplicity of these without a design on the hem. Yes the font is Agency, blah blah; I think it works, if not, let me know. The breezers are red, just like the original Jets, and that's the only reason why. Personally I don't like it, but I don't like an all blue look either, so red it stays.

I've not included an alternate, simply because the Jets never had one. Now will the new Winnipeg franchise have an alternate to capitalize on sales? Obviously, but it is what it is.

jets-1.png

C&C is always appreciated.

The logo on the white jersey looks a bit choppy and broken up because there's no outline.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This looks great, almost perfect.

You've combined the best aspects of both their logos with the contrail through the text and the jumbo jet (seriously how bad was that triangular object of the 90's logo?). Changing the Blue to Navy definitly makes the Red pop and differentiates the team from the Rangers. Only thing I would change is the thin hemstripes. Why not use the Bold stripes of the sleeves on the hem as well? Then you would have perfection IMO.

These are pretty good and I would love to see the new Jets with something like this. Just a couple things, I agree with the two people above about the logo on the white being a bit choppy, dont really know how you fix that because I think a blue outline would like odd. I also dont really care for the red pants, it feels really unbalanced with so much blue on the jerseys. Maybe so simple stripes on the pants would balance it out for me, I would kinda like to see it with the blue pants just to make a comparison. Overall I would not be disapointed if this was there unis.

I think the logos look great as they are, from white to navy, they are executed perfectly, outline/no outline and all. My only thing is the use of Agency. Yes, it's overused but can still be a great font to use. The thing is though, that the Capitals, another recent updated retro identity with navy and red, use it. It kind of just seems a little too similar. My advice? Play around with the font. Move points around, raise bars or lower them. Try to give it it's own look. That's how I usually come up with custom fonts. Take a current font and either add/subract stuff or mess with the points on them until it's another font altogether. Go nuts with it.

Great work. Although I'm not a huge hockey fan, much less a Jets fan, but from a purely design aspect, this is superb.

Looks great.

The second "N" in Winnipeg is a little cramped in there, other than that I can't find a fault. Consistent striping/trimming, and definitely unique from NYR or Columbus.

I really love this. The logo is very clean and well done, and the overall package is a fantastic update to the 90's set (which personally, of all of Winnipeg's identities, I prefer the most). I havent heard anything definitive on whether or not the Jets name is being ressurected, but if it ends up coming back, I really hope they go this route. Great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Excellent work as usual speedy. I love the shades of red and blue that you used. My only complaint is the design of the jet. You've gone the passenger jet route. I've always felt the fighter jet was the way to go, it just seems more fitting for a team that plays a sport that moves as fast as hockey does.

Too bad they won't be named the Jets, this is the perfect modernization for them.

Agreed. I've been in favor of TNSE going with the Moose identity, but this would be perfect for the Jets revival.

Can't really find any complaints or anything to tweak here, so I guess I'll just say it: Excellent concept!

Great work. IMO the J in the logo is a touch too high for my personal liking. I love the blue hem trim on the white jersey but, I don't think it should switch to white on the blue jersey. Beautiful work again.

Actually Speedy, hem stripes on the shirt-tail-cut sweaters look STUPID, (unless the sweater matches the pants),

so you won't get any flak from me on that.

My only suggestion would be to take 'Winnipeg' out of the stick.

Other than that...nice!

However, mark my words, you'll need to do a 'Manitoba Falcons' design.

Like most have stated on here, FANTASTIC work. I'll echo a few things mentioned - specifically [1] the "N" in Winnipeg does look crowded; [2] the handle of the hockey stick"J" looks a little too tall; [3] while I don't mind the number font, why not eliminate the thin border you have and just go with solid numbers without the borders?

Also, that template is incredible. Is it one you came up with or someone else's?

gYH2mW9.png

I'd buy one. Great work Speedy. I do like the use of Agency, but I'd get rid of the thin outline inside the numbers and just stick with the red outline around it.

The thin white outline between the blue and red on the numbers is there to keep with the continuity of the elbow stripes.

I quite like the overall look. Those two shades of blue and red look great together. Only thing that bothers me is the roundness of the plane. It just looks, off?

I agree, this is something that bothered me as well. I've fixed it and well post a new concept with a better detailed front end.

These are pretty good and I would love to see the new Jets with something like this. Just a couple things, I agree with the two people above about the logo on the white being a bit choppy, dont really know how you fix that because I think a blue outline would like odd. I also dont really care for the red pants, it feels really unbalanced with so much blue on the jerseys. Maybe so simple stripes on the pants would balance it out for me, I would kinda like to see it with the blue pants just to make a comparison. Overall I would not be disapointed if this was there unis.

This is also something I agree with. However, the red pants date back to the original Jets franchise and I used them to negate an all blue look. While I'm not totally satisfied with the red pants, I like them better than the blue.

Excellent work as usual speedy. I love the shades of red and blue that you used. My only complaint is the design of the jet. You've gone the passenger jet route. I've always felt the fighter jet was the way to go, it just seems more fitting for a team that plays a sport that moves as fast as hockey does.

I tried a few drawings of a fighter jet, and the simplicity of a jumbo jet just worked much better.

Really like it, but would like to see the same graphics with a lighter blue, probably royal blue.

I stayed away from a royal blue or any lighter shades of blue as to not confuse the uniforms with the Rangers, and to make the red really stand out.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll have an updated concept posted soon.

Archived