Winnipeg Jets Concept

speedy

Seriously, other than altering the numbers some so the overall look isn't so similar to the Capitals, just make the Jet have more of a bullet-nose, not pointed but a little more than as is, and you're done. Wrap it up and send it to that ESNP.com Page 2 contest that was posted over in the Sports Logos thread.

I'd venture to say you'd probably have the best entry... IMO.

ok, so for some reason i havent been able to start my own thread to post my own concepts since i joined this forum

You have to actually, you know, contribute to the boards before you can post topics. It's either after 2 or 5 posts though.

6fQjS3M.png

ok, so for some reason i havent been able to start my own thread to post my own concepts since i joined this forum

You have to actually, you know, contribute to the boards before you can post topics. It's either after 2 or 5 posts though.

oh haha thanks i actually didnt know that. i just started a new topic

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

oh haha thanks i actually didnt know that. i just started a new topic

Delete your concept from this thread so people can focus on the OP's concept now that you have a separate thread for yours.

(This post is meant to be informative, not jackassery.)

Okay, here's the update. Modified jet, and lowered the height of the J. The biggest changes are: the addition of blue pants, many complained about the contrast of the red in a primarily blue uniform so I changed to blue. Thoughts? Also, I've added a blue outline around the logos to dissipate the choppiness. At first I thought it to be a bad idea, but after looking at it a bit, I do enjoy it. Finally, as you can all see, there's hem stripes. The more I looked at the uniform the less I liked the bare hem, so I went back to a traditional styling.

jets1-1.png

jets-2.png

Upgrade? Downgrade?

I've not included an alternate, simply because the Jets never had one. Now will the new Winnipeg franchise have an alternate to capitalize on sales? Obviously, but it is what it is.

jets-1.png

C&C is always appreciated.

Just feels a tad too close to Edmonton's modernization.

But that could just be me.

Okay, here's the update. Modified jet, and lowered the height of the J. The biggest changes are: the addition of blue pants, many complained about the contrast of the red in a primarily blue uniform so I changed to blue. Thoughts? Also, I've added a blue outline around the logos to dissipate the choppiness. At first I thought it to be a bad idea, but after looking at it a bit, I do enjoy it. Finally, as you can all see, there's hem stripes. The more I looked at the uniform the less I liked the bare hem, so I went back to a traditional styling.

jets1-1.png

jets-2.png

Upgrade? Downgrade?

Not a downgrade, maybe lateral at a slightly lower elevation. I think the extra navy outline is unnecessary and makes it too busy. It was great as it was. Jet looks damn near perfect now. Still think the numbers need to be changed from what the Caps are using. Too much similarity. Take them and try to come up with some kind of mix between agency and the lettering in the logo.

What I see: A nice presentation of an update to an (already existing) professionally design identity.

What I like: white hem on the breezers and and cuffs, classy touch.

What I don't: 1) The 'N' doesn't work in that location because no hockey player put tape there. Try the knob or right above the blade. 2) Correct me if I'm wrong, Winnipeg is known for it's AIR FORCE base. What you have there looks like a civilian Boeing 727.

• 2 weeks later...

jets1-1.png

jets-2.png

Upgrade? Downgrade?

These are gorgeous. Well done sir.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

While I like it, if the "Jets" were to play the Capitals, it would seem there's no way to distinguish them at all. The colors, the logo (especially the use of a hockey stick as a letter), and the font/wordmark are both way too similar for my tastes.

Archived