CONCEPT81: Seattle Seahawks

bigdub81

So word has it that Nike is in talks with Seattle to update their look possibly for the 2012 season. Seeing as though I despise the way my team lost to them last year, I am however an artist first and foremost! With that I introudce a new albeit throwback esque' look for the franchise. The navy is gone, the slate has been mixed with royal blue, the lime green a bit brighter and silver is added back into the color scheme. C&C as usual, Thanks for checking out my post!

NFLConcept-2012SeattleSeahawks.png

I'm not totally sold on the lime green, and I'm surprised that you didn't use the Pro Combat cut, since that's probably what Nike will have the NFL wearing.

Otherwise, it's a very solid concept.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like that you made your own template. It looks very professional and polished. I don't like moving backwards because I think the colors they have now are very good for the team. Maybe darken the blue a little and put an outline on the numbers.

Not bad, I think as walkerws said though the numbers need some stripes. I would also throw a blue pants option on there. Not a fan of the change of blue but as a whole the concept is nice.

Also agree with Kevin that this would probably look a little better on a modern template, procombat and new helmets. Looks a little dated on the uniform cut. With that being said, it's a very sharp presentation.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

So word has it that Nike is in talks with Seattle to update their look possibly for the 2012 season. Seeing as though I despise the way my team lost to them last year, I am however an artist first and foremost! With that I introudce a new albeit throwback esque' look for the franchise. The navy is gone, the slate has been mixed with royal blue, the lime green a bit brighter and silver is added back into the color scheme. C&C as usual, Thanks for checking out my post!

NFLConcept-2012SeattleSeahawks.png

switch the green to kelly green and you sir have achieved perfection with the seattle seahawks.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

3 words: Monochrome Lime Green. Would it look good? Dear god no. Would it be somehow awesome at the same time? Definitely.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't gotten around to making the Nike template or a new helmet template for that matter, guess I'm just old school at 30! I didn't even bother to change the jersey tags as they read Reebok on them if you were to look closely enough. I just put this together in light of what was being discussed in the 'sports logos' thread about their supposed change coming in 2012. Me personally, I like their current look and the monochrome doesn't really bother me since IMO it's become their 'thing'! My only suggestion would have been for them to keep the wrap around seahawk head logo as I have in my concept. Their sleeve logo is way too small but everything else works out pretty well for them. This concept I guess would have been what they could have looked like if they never opted to the colors that they use now.

3 words: Monochrome Lime Green. Would it look good? Dear god no. Would it be somehow awesome at the same time? Definitely.

No.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here is a version based off of their current set and colors. I eliminated the neck and sleeve cuff stripes, opting to keep them solid. The pants and socks striping remain from my previous concept because they tie into the sleeve and helmet stripes. The silver remains as the beak color because of it's moderation and as a nod to their past use of that color. IMO, it compliments the shades of blue and lime green which itsself has been used more throughout the concept.

NFLConcept-2012SeattleSeahawksv4.png

I must say, I'm a huge fan of this update. However, the green on the jersey and the green on the socks do not match. I would elect for the darker green. I believe the Seahawks need to add silver back into their color scheme, by doing this I think you would have created a nearly perfect concept.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

The update looks really nice. It seems like you lightened their current "slate," and it looks really good. The sleeves are much improved as well. My only complaint is that you have the slate as the primary color, but it doesn't show up anywhere in the logo. Add it into the logo somewhere and I'd say this set is perfect.

I

must say, I'm a huge fan of this update. However, the green on the jersey and

the green on the socks do not match. I would elect for the darker green. I

believe the Seahawks need to add silver back into their color scheme, by doing

this I think you would have created a nearly perfect concept.

Yeah I forgot to change the sock stripe color. And I did add the silver back, it's in the beak of the bird.

The update looks really nice. It seems like you lightened their current "slate,"

and it looks really good. The sleeves are much improved as well. My only

complaint is that you have the slate as the primary color, but it doesn't show

up anywhere in the logo. Add it into the logo somewhere and I'd say this set is

perfect

Yeah I did lighten it up a bit and I did realize that it wasn't in the main bird head logo. Below is two options that could fix that. Which one do you think works best?

seahawklogoconcept.png

There's no rule that says you need all the colors in the logo. You're fine as long as there's balance throughout the uniform. Having the entire jersey in Pacific Blue is enough.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I actually really like the silver helmet you had in the original. It's perfect. But I do prefer the color scheme in the update for the jersey.

I'm curious though, why did you change the sleeve design in the update? I thought jersey stripe in the original was the best part of the jersey. Maybe you could use the colors in the update for the base of the jersey, and keep the more simple sleeve design from the original.

I think the silver pants work well too.

I guess a better way of phrasing what I just said would be this: I would use the original design, but swap every use of the blue in the first with the blue in the update (the color the seahawks use now).

I hope that made sense haha.

Archived