MLB rebranding & Pro Combat

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles logo is really bad, not feeling the alt either. However, Cincinnati and Colorado are very well done. Like the template.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

The only thing that I'm not feeling is the gray batting helmets. Especially the Orioles' one. Maybe it's the word mark on it, I'm not really sure. To me, it looks little league to me. But that's just my opinion. As for the uniforms, great job.

newlongheader.jpg

Love the tomahawk

Also, I think the Braves script on the home jersey would look better red.

i wanted to keep the Braves script red at first but like i said, i designed that one with the Indians in mind as well. maybe you'll like it better when you see theirs?

i know the Orioles logo is pretty hated, but just for this concept series im going to leave it as is. if this were a portfolio project i would change it.

i updated the Rockies and Reds. i tried adding some white to Colorado but it was way too stark, even as a trim color. so i lightened up the whole thing with a larger use of grey

next up: Mets and Rangers :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I really really appreciate this series because, as someone already stated, people always seem afraid to be different with baseball concepts. Here's my opinions:

Orioles:

Love that logo, one of my favorite works of art I've seen on the boards, but I really don't see the need for the aviator goggles. Plus, it kind of looks like a duck...maybe it could be tweaked? It's definitely great, but it doesn't fit the team name. The uniforms are nice.

Rockies: I always feel like Rockies concepts come out really generic looking...9/10 people do them. I can't figure out why. There's something really flat about the design.

Reds: For one, everything here looks orange. The uniforms themselves are innovative, but the color choices are questionable. The alternate is definitely cool.

Braves: Very very cool update on the logo! I wish you made the blue shirt with red numbers, most Braves fans can agree the ST/BP uniforms they wear are 10x better than the batman unis they have now for road games. If you elect to make the cap logo red, which is bold considering their current cap is great for his simplicity, then you should make sure to keep things consistent...meaning having red numbers on the blue shirt. The alternate looks cool, but the tomohawk logo doesnt seem to be working on that hat.

thanks BraveBird, especially for the Braves advice. ill get an update on them soon

this is where i need help the most. Texas Rangers. i already know after looking at the CCSLC logo ratings im using an alternate logo thats not very popular (with a small adjustment) and copying a Rangers uniform that reminds fans of a bad era in their history. that said, heres what i got so far. 2 on the left are home/away, the 2 on the right are Pro Combat options

20rv4sm.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I really like the two on the right, not so much the two on the left (perhaps they just look more modern to me, so I like that, and I love that undershirt design). I'd lose the number font though and stick with their tuscan style, it's one of my favorite numeral styles in the league by far.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ok, once again your red looks orange to me. This is very weird.

Solid concept though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's not just you. That Rangers jersey IS orange. Which I don't understand. I'm also not digging the number font - it's too cutesy. And the solid color pants? I don't know if you want my honest thoughts on that idea. :D

It's not just you. That Rangers jersey IS orange. Which I don't understand. I'm also not digging the number font - it's too cutesy. And the solid color pants? I don't know if you want my honest thoughts on that idea. :D

Hmmm, looks red on my screen. People have seem to be having this issue a lot lately. What kind of computer are you using?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's orange on my screen as well, so I took a screenshot of a small section of the Rangers concept and used ms paint to recolor it real quickly with the Rangers' current shade of red and this is what I got:

redtest.png

It's orange on my screen as well, so I took a screenshot of a small section of the Rangers concept and used ms paint to recolor it real quickly with the Rangers' current shade of red and this is what I got:

redtest.png

I actually like the lighter version better. I don't know why, it's just, livelier.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

some of you guys need to get your monitors calibrated!! ive darkened the red on the Rangers though and made more changes tot he Rockies (see first page). so heres Texas.

Texas Rangers - giving these guys a vest because a lot of actual Rangers/cowboys wore vest back in the day, and i thought the logo would look great if it reflected a badge. already sick of working with red and blue though

2lwwtjs.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

love the new numbers. is one sock supposed to be white on the procombat? if so, it'd look really weird if someone hiked up their cuffs. i really like that simplified T in a circle logo on the procombat though, maybe even use that on the others.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived