TFoA

Miami Hurricanes Concept

2dblzrm.jpg

Pretty simple. I tried to mix the classic uniforms from the 80s/early 90s with the elements that make the current uniforms so distinguishable. One of the bigger changes is that there's no striping on the helmet...I figured with all the different striping on all 3 uniforms, having set of striping on the helmet for all the helmets just wouldn't work...and the "U" logo itself is so iconic that it can stand alone on a helmet & still work. Other than that, it's admittedly a pretty conservative concept.

C&C?

EDIT: Click for initial concept.

Nice, solid concept here. I love the orange home jerseys and I also like the pant striping.

I like the jersey, but the pants stripe really clashes with the U, you should curve it at the bottom instead of an angle.

I like the jersey, but the pants stripe really clashes with the U, you should curve itat the bottom instead of an angle.

Yeah, that was bothering me. I figured I'd put a Miami script in between, but I'll definitely curve it & leave it blank once I go back for tweaks.

Fantastic job Flame. The pants stripes are wonderful. They keep the uniform in that sweet spot between modern and traditional.

I'd include green pants just for completeness' sake.

Concept updated. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Super unis. I like the Kosar era sleeve stripes. I think the helmet still works with stripes, but without is fine. Maybe increase the width on the orange and green pants stripes a tad?

i LOVE the pants stripe but the jerseys seem too simple for Miami. i like the design but i dont think it fits this school. they need something a bit more original

as a um grad and uni geek i have to say that you NAILED the tops. as far as i'm concerned, they're perfect. i don't like the helmet change--i don't like any change to their helmet--and i'm not sure i can picture what the pants would really look like--but the tops are absolutely the way they need to go. great work!

I donno seems a lil bland for the Miami brand?

Fantastic job Flame. The pants stripes are wonderful. They keep the uniform in that sweet spot between modern and traditional.

I couldn't agree more. I think the uniform is almost perfect. If I had one modest suggestion, it would be to incorporate the hurricane warning flag(s) somewhere into the uniform (and I agree on the stripes, for the most part, I like helmet stripes). You've done a great job!