Current logo, former colors

FGWB

I know it's not the most original or complex idea, but I wanted to do a set on my own. So I used the current logos of current NHL teams using colors from their former identity (if they had one). A handful of teams have kept the same/similar scheme during their franchise history, but for the other they've either went through a change in color, or even city such as Carolina/Hartford and Phoenix/Winnipeg.

So if you want to tell me how boring and unoriginal of an idea this is, please save it. Just thought some of you may be interested to see my take.

Here ya go.

anajw.th.jpg

bosa.th.jpg

bufr.th.jpg

colvk.th.jpg

dall.th.jpg

70205669.th.jpg

89872219.th.jpg

phxh.th.jpg

vancc.th.jpg

wshv.th.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sigh.

this may be the 100th topic on this

Thanks for being that guy.

I said I know it's unoriginal and requires no talent.

I wanted to kill some time and decided to post them here.

:rolleyes:

While these have been done serveral times, I really see no harm to them. I actually really like that Canucks logo. I'm working on a series right now, you wouldn't mind me stealing your idea for the color swap on said logo, would you?

I don't like it for a team named the Devils, but I love that blue/red/yellow color scheme

Well, since their only other color was green before the black, I chose to go with the colors of their former franchise Colorado Rockies.

While these have been done serveral times, I really see no harm to them. I actually really like that Canucks logo. I'm working on a series right now, you wouldn't mind me stealing your idea for the color swap on said logo, would you?

Thanks for understanding and no of course I don't mind. I was considering doing at least the NFL as well.

I like how the 'nucks logo came out, I think it looks sharp.

yeah, that nucks logo actually looks pretty good. wow. That's definitely the best that stupid orca has ever looked.

No matter how little talent it takes to do this, sometimes work like this can inspire new ideas. Rather soon, this thread will fall off the first page and be forgotten, and then it's not bothering anybody. Problem solved.

vancc.th.jpg

Red teeth and you have a winner.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do when I make my Vancouver concept.

I think it looks great.

Canucks.png

As hockey week said, simple threads like this do inspire ideas.

vancc.th.jpg

I think it looks great.

Canucks.png

If you think about it, the color scheme fits an orca whale better than their current, minus the whole urine colored water argument...

vancc.th.jpg

I think it looks great.

Canucks.png

If you think about it, the color scheme fits an orca whale better than their current, minus the whole urine colored water argument...

That's why this works. As for your comment, that's an easy fix:

Canucksorcarecoloryellow-black-red.jpg?t=1306308590

after looking at it, the black jersey could use a white stripe to connect the logo better, but it's a quick-and-dirty concept.

See? these threads CAN be good!

I think it looks great.

after looking at it, the black jersey could use a white stripe to connect the logo better, but it's a quick-and-dirty concept.

I like this concept. if anything because i remember the canucks best in those colors.

While growing up I only got to know the Canucks in their 80's colors (red/orange, black and yellow), still got a cap somewhere which my aunt sent me from Canada. Lost track of the team and only found out recently that the changed to some blue and green theme.

Don't mind the new logo(s), but I'd love for them to go back to those colors of the 80's.

I also like those concepts.

vancc.th.jpg

I think it looks great.

Canucks.png

Looks GREAT!

You're right, these re-colors do serve a good purpose for inspiring full re-designs.

The Avalanche and Canucks recolors are my favorites. Both work well. The colors for the Avs are just lighter shades of the base colors...but they got caught up in the fad of making team colors darker (i.e. Eagles) back in the 90s.

It's a simple idea, but I like the execution. Hate the Devils, but seeing the logo with the old Scouts/Rockies colors really works well somehow. Same with the Canucks (I still love the Flying Skate over the Orca) and the Ducks logo doesn't look so bad, though I don't remember the old colors including the non-metallic gold.

Archived