Chivas USA

crkraider22

While working on the style guides for the USA on the boards here it ran across my mind that soccer concepts are few and far between here on the boards. While I highly doubt these will live up to the likes of those done by conrad, raysox, theflakeband, and scores of others; I hope the generate some C&C.

With Chivas, I wanted to seperate them from their "parent" club in Mexico. The biggest difference is in the crest where you will find the goat logo. The primary kit is deeply based off of their current and past kits with the red and white striping. The clash kit draws from the simplicity of a two-stripe design running behing the badge. Finally, the third kit combines elements from the first two.

ChivasUSA-1.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Funny I just started doing some soccer concepts tonight to post, thinking the same thing. I'm doing a few MLS teams as well. ^_^

I like how you strayed from adidas, again I'm doing the same thing. Overall great look, I'd love to see the crest larger though. Only thing is the numbers and sponsor are super hard to see, give them an outline.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Funny I just started doing some soccer concepts tonight to post, thinking the same thing. I'm doing a few MLS teams as well. ^_^

I like how you strayed from adidas, again I'm doing the same thing. Overall great look, I'd love to see the crest larger though. Only thing is the numbers and sponsor are super hard to see, give them an outline.

I wasn't sure with the size of the crest, so I guesstimated the location of the player's heart and went from there. I'm assuming you are talking about the primary kit with the readibility, that was a concern of mine but I wanted some feedback before it looked flooded with white that overpowered the red striping.

Thanks for the template, I rasterized it for photoshop compatibility and its awesome!

Looking forward to all those soccer concepts :)

As for that Chivas concept: I like the white away/secondary uniform with the red/blue chest and red side stripes.

Personally I still think they need at least a partial rebrand (not necessarily a relocation and recoloring, but certainly loose the Chivas USA name).

For example the often mentioned name change to Club Deportivo Los Angeles or whatever.

Don't mind the team in red/white stripes with blue shorts as their primaries at all or even the goat logo though.

I just think that they still could go after whatever target groups (mostly Hispanic and Latin) or players (their newest idea, only So-Cal players) they want, but without alienating the non Chivas fans with a simple name change.

I wasn't sure with the size of the crest, so I guesstimated the location of the player's heart and went from there. I'm assuming you are talking about the primary kit with the readibility, that was a concern of mine but I wanted some feedback before it looked flooded with white that overpowered the red striping.

Thanks for the template, I rasterized it for photoshop compatibility and its awesome!

no that's fine, i was talking about the "showcase" logo in the top left

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The numbers and sponsor are really hard to see on the home, I'd look to add an outline, and cut down on the number of stripes, you really need at most six stripes, and add stripes to the sleeves. Chivas USA is sponsored by Corona now. Good place to start and improve on the other MLS concepts. Can't wait to see the rest!

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Looking forward to all those soccer concepts :)

As for that Chivas concept: I like the white away/secondary uniform with the red/blue chest and red side stripes.

Personally I still think they need at least a partial rebrand (not necessarily a relocation and recoloring, but certainly loose the Chivas USA name).

For example the often mentioned name change to Club Deportivo Los Angeles or whatever.

Don't mind the team in red/white stripes with blue shorts as their primaries at all or even the goat logo though.

I just think that they still could go after whatever target groups (mostly Hispanic and Latin) or players (their newest idea, only So-Cal players) they want, but without alienating the non Chivas fans with a simple name change.

I agree, I could see a team with a similar make-up thriving in the San Diego area while keeping the CD Chivas aspect.

no that's fine, i was talking about the "showcase" logo in the top left

ChivasUSALogo.png

The numbers and sponsor are really hard to see on the home, I'd look to add an outline, and cut down on the number of stripes, you really need at most six stripes, and add stripes to the sleeves. Chivas USA is sponsored by Corona now. Good place to start and improve on the other MLS concepts. Can't wait to see the rest!

I knew they had Corona now, and the more I think about it they do fit better as a sponsor.

UPDATE #1

-Corona sponsorship

-Boxed the sponsor and numbers on the primary jersey

-White outline to surname on primary jersey

-Cuff stripes matching chest stripe on clash jersey

-Cuff stripes matching side panels on third jersey

ChivasUSA-2.png

While working on the style guides for the USA on the boards here it ran across my mind that soccer concepts are few and far between here on the boards. While I highly doubt these will live up to the likes of those done by conrad, raysox, theflakeband, and scores of others; I hope the generate some C&C.

Thanks man.

I've actually wanted to do this to Chivas, but I never got around to doing it. I really like the Goat logo. If I had to say a critique, it would be the use of puma instead of adidas.

Thanks man.

I've actually wanted to do this to Chivas, but I never got around to doing it. I really like the Goat logo. If I had to say a critique, it would be the use of puma instead of adidas.

While wanting to stray away from the Mexican team, they use Puma I believe so I figured it would be a good idea to keep it in-house.

Thanks man.

While wanting to stray away from the Mexican team, they use Puma I believe so I figured it would be a good idea to keep it in-house.

Guadalajara Chivas wear Reebok

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

I love the logo most out of this entire concept. They could adopt that tomorrow and I doubt anyone would complain... although the red "beard" on the goat instantly made me think of the old Dallas Burn logo.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Archived