National Identities

Davidson

I say vary the shield style, as long as it has some correlation to the Country. For instance, the United States and the shape of the shield used in the Great Seal. I would use that shape as the USA's shield shape for this concept.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have updated most of the old ones a little and here are two new ones:

National_Identities_Germany.png

National_Identities_Spain.png

Love them! The German one is fantastic, and I love the spanish one too, but feel the placement of the tail is throwing off the negative space of the horn slightly. It looks great but I think it could look even better if the tail wasn't conected to the horn, perhaps if you were to move the up to the other side of the negative space so it creates the curve for the top of the horn, it could play quite nicely against the other horn which has it's curve created by a shadow underneath. I know from a lighting standpoint it's not true to life but it would lead the eye into seeing the curved tip of the horn without the tail looking like it's connected to the head.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I really like Spain. Germany... I'm not crazy about. I really like the round and wavy animals, which is why I think I am not as warm to the USA and Germany ones. None-the-less, keep 'em coming. Italy, Ireland, Greece... please.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really like the Canada one, the horse looks great. But, I mean, every country has those. If it was a moose or beaver it would be more Canada specific.

this is exactly what i was going to type before i read your post

I like the addition of the crown on england. That really adds a lot to it, i think. I really like the Canada one, the horse looks great. But, I mean, every country has those. If it was a moose or beaver it would be more Canada specific.

Only three countries in the world have horses as national symbols ( and a couple have unicorns ), it's actually quite rare which is why I used it. Sweden have a painted wooden horse national symbol, and Saudi Arabia have horses as national animal. That's it.

I like the addition of the crown on england. That really adds a lot to it, i think. I really like the Canada one, the horse looks great. But, I mean, every country has those. If it was a moose or beaver it would be more Canada specific.

might be because of the mounties. At least that is what I think

vegasbowl.png

the fleur-de-lys is a symbol of french empire. its a good idea, but personally i don't like it so much. try something with the 3 colours...

Not to nitpick, but actually it's a symbol of the French monarchy, not the Empire. The Eagle was more of an imperial symbol.

But I agree, it is sort of out of place with the modern look of the concept. I think the Rooster stands on its own, personally.

Otherwise, great work, Fraser. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more variety in shield shape, however.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived