Miami Heat refresh

Conrad.

Inspired by THIS request, I did a lil refresh for the Heat, who need to shake things up, because ANYTHING would sell right now with their recent popularity. I figured, why not make this team a bit more "spicy" with a more tropical aesthetic. Anywho, here's the uniform sheet, accompanied by the refreshed primary logo and a new "palm-ball" alternate logo (inspired by RARE's work with the Heat alt logo) to replace the current "MH" logo:

*Please click the image to see a hyper-detailed version*

miami-heat_fiesta-unis_lo-res.png

I'll be adding a turquoise alt uni to go with this set that is inspired by the Floridians uni, but that's still in the works...so, thoughts on all this?

PS: MAD props to my main man, HoopsKid, for his ballin' uniform template. It's quite a thing of beauty...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it; I always thought a Miami team should go with something like this, but the pink would probably get the set ruled out.

Maybe some kind of citrus orange instead of the pink? Maybe just keep the pink in a very sparing role as a fourth color? Maybe a coral red instead of a pink?

I love this. More specifically I love those colors, I'd probably buy any teams jersey with that color scheme. You're probably right about anything selling. If the Heat adopted this and won a few championships then people would probably start deeming them "classic". Although I will say I think you could spice the unis up a little more. Maybe even just thickening the shorts stripes would help. BTW, the palm logo is nice as well.

Holy neon flamingos and CGA graphics! Take this the way it's intended, but the whole thing looks so campy and ridiculous in a "nobody would ever go for that" way that it's a perfect identity for this team and that's why I love it. Great job on the palm-ball logo, too.

Dare I suggest a pink alternate?

Part of me loves this color scheme and part of me despises it.tongue.gif I love the overall idea I would probably buy the jersey if they went with this. The only complaint I have is that the bottom right stripe on the home jersey's shorts is white when it should be black. Nit-picky I know.

How about adding some yellow in there? That way, it would look like a real mardi gras jersey. It would also look less like the old Vancouver Grizzlies.

When I think Mardi Gras I think of dark to medium purple, gold, and green not these colors at all. The addition of yellow would just make it look more ridiculous.

Sweetness. I've long (like 10 years long) thought this would be a great idea. The color schemes I'd like to see the Heat go to are one of the following: Red, orange and black (like the '80s). Cyan (or turquoise like you have here), pink and black (great Miami nightlife vibes with this one, and I like the less clichéd 'blue flame' interpretation of the Heat name). Orange, pink and black (I think this feels a little more 'Heat' than the cyan scheme, while still feeling very Miami and tropical).

The weakness in your concept, though, is that the classic uniform design doesn't quite fit the vibe that the Heat's identity has established with the fast italic type. I'd go all out with Miami design cues. Maybe try a series of thin stripes up the sides to represent the neon stripes you often see on those art deco marquees or something.

cairo-ga-historic-zebulon-theatre-grady-county-marquee-entrance-ticket-booth-art-deco-photograph-photo-picture-image-small-town-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia.jpg?w=375&h=500

I also think that if any team were going to do this it would be the Heat: try making the home uniform in say, pink and orange to represent the tropical daytime and then use the cyan and pink on the black away uniform to represent the neon nightlife.

This reminds me of the Fiesta Spurs look. That isn't a good thing. Sorry, just not feeling the color scheme at all for the Heat. It's not a bad color scheme out of context, I just can't feel it as one for the Heat.

This reminds me of the Fiesta Spurs look. That isn't a good thing. Sorry, just not feeling the color scheme at all for the Heat. It's not a bad color scheme out of context, I just can't feel it as one for the Heat.

Give it a shot and take a look at it in a different way. 'Miami Heat' could be thought of as literal, since it is a warm destination nearly all year round, and the logo is a flaming basketball, but the Heat name could also represent the buzz of the nightlife or the spicy Latin flavor of the region (culturally and from a culinary standpoint). In that sense, I think this color scheme represents 'Miami Heat' perfectly. The architecture in Miami is all done up in these classic art deco pastels. These colors remind people of going out and getting all hot and sweated up on the dance floor underneath some epic neon lighting. I would, however, go more for the cyan blue like the the photo below. The turquoise teal does bring that old Spurs logo to mind.

brady-eddie-car-light-trails-passing-neon-lights-of-art-deco-hotels-on-ocean-drive-south-beach-miami-florida.jpg

I don't really care for the uniforms... but that's just my taste, not yours. The only think that erks me is the palm tree ball logo. It looks like the start of a good idea, but it doesn't seem to work out well. Is there any way to refine it? There is something going on there with the trunk of the tree and the seems of the ball that just don't look right.

LOVE this. The colors fit a city like Miami, the template reminds me of the superior look from the Mourning-Hardaway days. The palm tree ball could use some work, but other than that this is awesome and would definitely set Miami apart from the crowd in a good way.

Archived