Miami Heat refresh

Conrad.

I first looked at this and thought the colors were gaudy. Then after staring at it for a couple of minutes I started to really like it. I love the neck and waist trim, and the alternate logo is fantastic. The only change I would make would be to change the outline color for the name/numbers on the home jersey from turquoise to pink. The away jersey is great as it is. Other than that, awesome concept!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The uniforms look a bit too plain for such a vibrant color scheme. Perhaps you could take some inspiration from the Floridians?

MiamiHeatFloridiansONeal.jpg

shaq_throwback_step.jpg

best jersey miami ever wore..

anyway alternate logo has something good in it.. maybe some idea like this would help.. front view of the ball and instead middle line put palm tree.. something like this (random pictures I've found and put them together).

palm-tree-copy.png

hope you get the point :ninja:

spacer.png

i understand where you're going with this but i dunno.

i think you have a better chance making it like the spurs do. use the vibrant colors at the arena and ads but keep the jersey simple...too many bright colors for my taste

i do however agree that the alternate logo needs to have the tree stem out of the middle line of the ball. otherwise it looks like a basketball with hair lol.

maybe even have the upper and lower lines on the basketball meet in the middle to make a hidden "H" logo for heat on the ball?

i know miami screams lime green and pink but heat doesn't. make it work, merge the colors, try some different ideas. you'll find a happy middle.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Sweetness. I've long (like 10 years long) thought this would be a great idea. The color schemes I'd like to see the Heat go to are one of the following: Red, orange and black (like the '80s). Cyan (or turquoise like you have here), pink and black (great Miami nightlife vibes with this one, and I like the less clichéd 'blue flame' interpretation of the Heat name). Orange, pink and black (I think this feels a little more 'Heat' than the cyan scheme, while still feeling very Miami and tropical).

The weakness in your concept, though, is that the classic uniform design doesn't quite fit the vibe that the Heat's identity has established with the fast italic type. I'd go all out with Miami design cues. Maybe try a series of thin stripes up the sides to represent the neon stripes you often see on those art deco marquees or something.

cairo-ga-historic-zebulon-theatre-grady-county-marquee-entrance-ticket-booth-art-deco-photograph-photo-picture-image-small-town-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia.jpg?w=375&h=500

I also think that if any team were going to do this it would be the Heat: try making the home uniform in say, pink and orange to represent the tropical daytime and then use the cyan and pink on the black away uniform to represent the neon nightlife.

Another benefit of using neon-like thin lines for the wordmark and possibly numbers is that it would evoke thoughts of the "classic" soccer-style number font which in a city with such a latin-american base (that I'm assuming is really in to soccer) could help get attention and become more mainstream fashion. I think the thought behind the Grizzlies split-letters was to play off of the various neon signs in the city. While I like the overall look, I really think that there are better ways to imitate neon on jerseys.

I think the scheme needs the cyan, however the "cliche blue flame" was my first thought when I saw the original concept (and not in a positive way.) I like the orange-pink-black scheme, I wonder if just a little cyan (or even something a tad greener) could fit in there too, or if it would be too much.

EDIT: I'm talking about the "multi-line" neon signs, where each letter is made up of 1 piece of neon which is curved back and forth so that it looks like it's three or four separate bulbs.

soccernumbers.gif

Kinda-sorta like this, but rounder, and each number / letter would actually only be one line (so the two top-most terminators on the bottom right of the two would actually be connected, as would the two inner-most terminators on the left side.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd change the pink for red. I just don't know if pink would really catch on as a main colour for a men's-only pro sports team in North America.

The only time pink works is during Cancer Awareness Week, IMO.

Calling the team the Heat with a blue wordmark doesn't make much sense to me.

The hottest part of a flame is blue...

I like this concept a lot. A first I was taken aback by it (almost thought it was a Discrimihater concept, haha), but then I saw it full size and totally got it... The Heat should totally do something different like this.

I do think the Wordmark and Numbers look strange with these colors. If you're going to go "Fiesta" style it should have flair and pop that goes past the actually coloring. Maybe something on the side of the uniform...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

Oh, this is terrific, and that's high praise from someone who by rights should have no tolerance for anything Heat-related this eve. You've got a great thing going here, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All of Andrew/Vet's suggestions are excellent ones, as well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Calling the team the Heat with a blue wordmark doesn't make much sense to me.

blueflamelg.jpg

Welcome. Is this your first time outside of the box, sir?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow. Didnt expect this much feedback from this, but thanks to all for the helpful words. I enjoy how polarizing of a concept this is, btw ;) Anyways, here's my 2nd go-around of the concept. Here's what I changed:

- changed aqua color to a light-cyan to better reflect the blue neon lights of Miami nightlife

- made new wordmarks and numbers that "deco-ize" and "night-club-ize" their current block lettering

- added side and shorts striping to mimic the neon decoration on deco-architecture in Miami

- edited the palm-ball to bring the cross-stroke of the ball over-top of the tree-trunk to make an abstract "H"

- edited the primary mark to make the bball rim look like a neon light-circle

Here's the result:

*Please click the image to see a hyper-detailed version*

miami-heat_fiesta-unis_lo-res2.png

I guess I dont need to ask at this point, but...thoughts, anyone?

Archived