My Logos for Midwest

JTernup

Update! Taken some things into consideration.

SidewaysTreePack.png

NICE!!! I like them all a lot, especially the second one... but I think you need to look at other fonts, likely a "sans serif" one...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I'm getting a bit of a Mountain Dew look with the middle one.

380px-Mountain_Dew_logo_90s_svg.png

I agree that this needs a sans serif font. what about brown and blue or green and blue? with the blue at the bottom. that way it could represent some mountains in front of a lake?

brainstorm ideas:

What do they deal with?

How do they get these materials?

What do these materials start out as?

Where do they do these things?

What elements do they use?

What tools do they use? (shovel, rake, etc)

word list: make a word list of a bunch of things that relate to the product including size, color, shape, everything. then combine the words to describe the logo you want to make

Example: Green, grass, shovel, rocks, brown, spade, blue, Letters M and W.

you take these words, and put them together, so maybe you use the shape of a shovel head as a base? maybe the shovel acts as like a shield, or a crest? then work the letters M and W (or M and M) into the shield/shovel. maybe the two letters make up the shape of the shovel? Maybe you use the whole shovel and turn it sideways and use the handel of the shovel to divide the two words "Midwest" and "Materials"?

I would really really flesh these ideas out on paper before taking them on the computer. just keep working them until you have a few that you really like. then take them and render them.

you're going in the right direction, and I think you could make a really cool logo for the company.

keep at it, id like to see where this ends up.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

You could try an effect like this to better illustrate water and trees theme for a landscaping logo.

mw.png

This wasn't an attempt at a logo, just a means to show an example of the effect.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

To be honest I've been really busy this week and haven't had much time, I'm going to get started on it tomorrow.

Luckily I'm just doing this to help them out and they are in no rush, I'm going to really start to tinker around with these ideas and try to better the logos I've already posted, check back over the weekend, thank you guys for all the help. :grin:

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

here's a good sample of a logo that has M and W:

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/m_opposite_w.php

I have a feeling these guys may not have much patience for "copyright infringement", so I would definitely try to avoid doing anything that resembles to much theirs...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I didn't suggest that you copy their identity. When I design something I take references, find other logos in the branch, other logos with same initials, so my attempt was to show the differen approach, different style, politly saying, original concept doesn't look that great.

• 2 months later...

Archived