Hartford Tritons

Julius Seizure

I've never been a an of that color combo... but again, thats my taste, not yours. As for the logo, its too tall. Its too tall for the helmet and its too tall for the eyes. I see you are trying to incorporate the trident into an H... but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe try making the H in negative space with the trident and waves of the ocean? It might be easier on the eyes, more balanced, and might be able to work the H in more subtly.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

You've got a nice start but you need to rework it some more. The T and trident are too literal right now, as I'm sure you are trying to work with the negative space such as the Whalers logo did. The logo with the green H is closest, as with the white h it looks like a shield background. Print it out, do some sketching over the top, then put it back in the computer.

Good first step, now make it great.

I like were this is going. The T does not jump out, you have to know it is there. The H is obvious, however, it is considered bad luck to have the trident facing down, the same way you never see a horse shoe facing down. Just flip it, and it is still good and you still have the H, just not the T. Also not to nitpick but the point is slightly off. The point on she shield and the center point on the trident shout be the same. The center of the trident seems off just a bit.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

My suggestion with the trident is to maybe stretch the prongs out to make the lower edges of the logo, thus making it wide enough to possibly work the 'T' in a way that's much more stand out while still retaining the prongs.

8VvwoNps.png

stick with it. This concept has some merit to it. The color scheme (which is underused in sports) and the design would really resonate with fans of the area (Can you imagine how many whalers jerseys would be at those games? It might almost be a bad thing, at least when it came to selling jerseys lol). Listen to what these guys are saying. Take advice where possible, and finish this one out.

I recommend trying different color combinations with the logo, like you did for the alternate look. the colors change the focus. In the regular, you see the triton first, in the alternate, the H first. It's a simple thing that might make a big difference. Then again, it might not. Play around a bit.

Keep working at it, don't let the amount of suggestions get you down. People comment because they care. If your concept sucked and too far from perfection, nobody would comment. If anything, the amount of involvement should be an encouragement. Good luck and keep with it!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Not to jump your post, but I did a logo package back when Hartford was given a UFL team and I tried to do a similar thing, trying to get the H to morf into a trident or pitchfork. Here is mine.

Hellions.jpg

I like this a lot better than what they ended up with. Purple and orange go great together, too!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Archived