NHL Conference Champions Gear

M4One

The Canucks are going to the Cup and the NHL has the gear on sale. For the hats on sale, the Stanley Cup appears on it, but the ones the Canucks were wearing has the NHL logo on it. Gotta love superstitions in hockey like not picking up the Clarence Campbell Bowl. I also found on yahoo a leak of hats and t-shirts for the other 3 conference finals team. What's interesting is that the new Lightning logo shows up on the t-shirt, but it's the old logo on the hat.

ConferenceChamps.jpg

HenrikBowl.jpg

Hat looks bad. It's not even in the team's colours!

I'm excited to see if Tampa wins what logo they will use.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I've been debating on getting a Canucks t-shirt or wait for the Stanley Cup Champ one if it gets to that point but regardless, I think the logos on the tees are awesome.

My rule is that I wait until my team's done in the playoffs to see what shirt I get, thus if they make it to the finals and lose then I get the conference/league champs, if they win it all I get the champs shirt.

The gear on the link shows Tampa's new logo on the T-shirt and their old/current logo on the hat. Seems inconsistent.

OT: It drives me nuts that their new logo is at center ice. Through this season, the current uniform displays the current logo and I wish they'd keep current at center ice, but I guess it's about marketing. Reminds me of when the North Stars made the 1991 Cup finals...their last year with the "N-Star" logo. Playoff merchandise and center ice sported the N-star, though the "Stars" logo was placed in a couple of places on the boards at Met Center.

Save next year's logo for next year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

are there any champions gear in team colors? They're interchange templates, slap the winner's logo on and you're good to go.

True, but usually they use neutrals like white or black which are in the team's colour scheme

Example- Detroit:

1367317_raw.jpg

Blackhawks:

8566069_raw.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

are there any champions gear in team colors? They're interchange templates, slap the winner's logo on and you're good to go.

True, but usually they use neutrals like white or black which are in the team's colour scheme

Black isn't always a neutral color - it can clash with some teams' color schemes.

The NFL's championship gear often contrasts with team colors.

It's easier to mass produce a bunch of stuff up front and then apply team logos last minute.

How else do you think stores have Championship tees the day after a team wins.

Would love to see the CANUCKS wear their 70's alternates during the Finals ...

At least one of them between the blue home or the

107680137_display_image.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pKMuvI-4w9M/TRp5bk6eiOI/AAAAAAAABt4/bBLnOiMh1Z8/s1600/christian-ehrhoff-2009-12-27-0-41-29.jpg[/

I was actually suprised they didn't wear either alts considering how popular both are, and how unpopular the whale is.

The NFL's championship gear often contrasts with team colors.

The last Patriots Super Bowl victory was XXXIX (I think), the one in Jacksonville. I remember those hats were dominantly brown and light blue, which didn't match the color scheme of either of the game's teams (Patriots and Eagles).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I guess wearing the original stick in rink logo uniforms would make too much sense to wear in the Cup Finals in their 40th anniversary season.

I'm still trying to figure out why a team named the CANUCKS have Orca's as a present-day logo. :wacko:

Coming into the NHL the same year as the SABRES I went to the game for the two teams 1st ever Aud meeting that season and really liked Vancouver's uni's since the first time I saw them. That was an easy game to get tix for.

CANUCKS won 4-1 :cry: but at least we won the expansion coin-toss and got to draft Gilbert Perreault.

Thats not a Blue 70s alternate, thats the 3rd jersey with the modernized take on the 70s look.

And uh, a little trip to NHL.com shows they are now selling this thing.

p10409418dt.jpg

I don't even know where to go with this. They're calling them Stanley Cup Finals Replica Jerseys

Who in the blue hell would buy those? I would rather buy a blatant knockoff and have it fall apart the very next day than wear that. It reminds me of those crappy jerseys they use to sell at Sportchek/Canadian Tire where it was the same template, different colours for the six Canadian teams. That and the Predators alt.

As far as breaking out the original jerseys or the alt, I'm a little torn on that. I wish they had gone with one or the other, but why change now? Superstitious? You bet. The only thing now is that I'm worried that if the Canucks win it all, we'll never see the end of the Birthing Whale. But, it's a trade off I'll gladly take.

107680137_display_image.jpg

That jersery is a thing of beauty. So sharp. Now if only they used that permanently as a HOME jersey and had a blue away version. No Johnny Canuck shoulder patches either. I don't think their current 3rds are that good. Something about them isn't quite right, but that 40th anniversary jersey is PERFECT.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Damn those are actually pretty nice. I am not a fan of the canuck logo on there, but as far as a hat goes, those are badass. Def hoping something just as cool for the championship.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived