NHL Conference Champions Gear

M4One

Nothing with the stick-in-rink as the front crest should be their primary. I'd much prefer to see the orca than that logo. But a good Johnny Canuck logo would be better than anything they've worn.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I guess wearing the original stick in rink logo uniforms would make too much sense to wear in the Cup Finals in their 40th anniversary season.

I'm still trying to figure out why a team named the CANUCKS have Orca's as a present-day logo. :wacko:

Its a common animal in BC. We had a pod of Orcas make its way into Vancouver harbour the other week. That is super rare for them to be that close to Van City, but still.

I guess wearing the original stick in rink logo uniforms would make too much sense to wear in the Cup Finals in their 40th anniversary season.

I'm still trying to figure out why a team named the CANUCKS have Orca's as a present-day logo. :wacko:

Its a common animal in BC. We had a pod of Orcas make its way into Vancouver harbour the other week. That is super rare for them to be that close to Van City, but still.

There's also the Orca Bay ownership.

soundersbanner.png

There's also the Orca Bay ownership.

Well, there was, Orca Bay no longer exists. After the ownership changed, the Aquilini's eventually changed the company name to Canucks Sports and Entertainment.

Regarding Vancouver, I've never been too much a fan of the stick-in-rink, either. I think the Orca logo (both versions) is the best logo they've ever had.

If it were up to me, the Canucks would do one of two things:

1) Drop the "VANCOUVER" script from both the home and away jerseys, leaving the Orca as a standalone crest. Then, a green alternate with the Johnny Canuck "V" logo as a crest.

OR

2) Keep the Orca and Johnny logos, but change the colors to the 80's and 90's black-red-gold scheme. The Canucks are one of those interesting franchises in sports where they arguably don't have a definitive franchise color scheme, or even primary color for that matter. Because of this, I think a change wouldn't be too drastic (unless they win the cup this year and this identity becomes sentimental). Each scheme they've had has been solid, but of all of them I think my favorite is the 80's-90's one. It would especially look great on the Orca, which was demonstrated in a recolor thread in the concepts forum. It looked really, really good.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hat looks bad. It's not even in the team's colours!

are there any champions gear in team colors? They're interchange templates, slap the winner's logo on and you're good to go.

This is true. Hats take a little while to make, so they can have the hats pre-embroidered with a greyscale design and then heat seal the proper team logo/lockup on there quickly to get them out.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Regarding Vancouver, I've never been too much a fan of the stick-in-rink, either. I think the Orca logo (both versions) is the best logo they've ever had.

1) Drop the "VANCOUVER" script from both the home and away jerseys, leaving the Orca as a standalone crest. Then, a green alternate with the Johnny Canuck "V" logo as a crest.

OR

2) Keep the Orca and Johnny logos, but change the colors to the 80's and 90's black-red-gold scheme. The Canucks are one of those interesting franchises in sports where they arguably don't have a definitive franchise color scheme, or even primary color for that matter. Because of this, I think a change wouldn't be too drastic (unless they win the cup this year and this identity becomes sentimental). Each scheme they've had has been solid, but of all of them I think my favorite is the 80's-90's one. It would especially look great on the Orca, which was demonstrated in a recolor thread in the concepts forum. It looked really, really good.

Sorry, but the Orca is the worst of the Canucks logos by far, not that any of the others are perfect. A recoloured version in the old black/red/yellow colours would make it look worst. No matter what, they should stick with their current colours.

OR

Sorry, but the Orca is the worst of the Canucks logos by far, not that any of the others are perfect. A recoloured version in the old black/red/yellow colours would make it look worst. No matter what, they should stick with their current colours.

The rink logo is the worst. It's a hockey stick and a rink. Probably the most generic logo in any sport.

OR

The rink logo is the worst. It's a hockey stick and a rink. Probably the most generic logo in any sport.

I agree with you that it is a pretty generic logo. But, for me, it still beats the birthing orca hands down.

OR

Have you seen the topic in the concepts section that did exactly that? I think the black/red/yellow color scheme fits the logo better than the two color schemes that it has actually gone through.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Observation I made that wasn't brought up yet

Anybody notice how the Canucks hat had the Stanley Cup on it on Tuesday, but the Bruins hat on Friday had the NHL logo instead? That's a little odd/inconsistent

The Canucks' on-ice caps had the NHL logo, just like the Bruins:

canucks.jpg

What I found odd is that when I went to order a Bruins locker room cap, some sites showed it with the NHL logo and some had the Stanley Cup. I originally thought the Stanley Cup caps were retail and the NHL logo would be on-ice only, but it appears not to be so. Either that, or some retailers used a photo they weren't supposed to.

spikes.jpg

OR

Have you seen the topic in the concepts section that did exactly that? I think the black/red/yellow color scheme fits the logo better than the two color schemes that it has actually gone through.

I saw a concept and the colour change makes no difference to me. Lets just say that no matter what, I hate the Birthing Orca logo and would prefer every other logo the Canucks have than that even if they aren't that great either. And that is the thing about the Canucks logos is that there is no one logo that all the fans can agree is the best. However, I think most people like the blue and green colours which is why the team went back to them a couple of years ago.

Archived