The USFL with Davidson's revo template

DAHOF

I really like this one, but is the Panther supposed to look mechanical ?

I get that from all the squares and stripes.

I spent a lot of time on this helmet. I can tell you with almost absolute certainty, this is correct.

here is a set of Michigan Panthers helmet decals for sale on ebay:

258t4is.png

Ya I wasn't familiar with that logo, so I didn't know if you had made it or what.

Great job, I really like it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best run franchises in the league was the Tampa Bay Bandits, coached by Steve Spurrier.

If you watched the recent ESPN 30 on 30 documentary on the USFL, the Bandits owner John Bassett was a portrayed as the true leader of the league owners.

I abolsolutely loved the ESPN 30 for 30 on the USFL. Very fascinating.

gYH2mW9.png

After the first USFL season (1983) the Chicago Blitz swapped rosters with the Arizona Wranglers and made it to the 2nd Championship game.

USFL_Arizona%20Wranglers_revo_v2.png

That helmet should be copper ... and there was no stripe down the middle.

And it should say "Blitz" on it.

<still bitter after all this time>

Continuing to march forward with the Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers.

This is one of the most unique and interesting helmet designs ever.

USFL_BostonBreakers_revo_v2.png

The wave in the front was less arched.

Also, no offense, because you've done a lot of work and the rendering is beautiful, but you should really do a Google image search on all of these teams. There are inaccuracies all around, as far as stripe colors, sizing, and what the logos looked like exactly.

Also, no offense, because you've done a lot of work and the rendering is beautiful, but you should really do a Google image search on all of these teams. There are inaccuracies all around, as far as stripe colors, sizing, and what the logos looked like exactly.

I appreciate the feedback.

For the record, I was a big fan and have done a lot of research on the USFL. I am also learning a lot from the contributors in this community.

It is my plan to capture all the" mistakes" I have made on this project and fix what I can. Please continue to share your observations.

I appreciate the feedback.

For the record, I was a big fan and have done a lot of research on the USFL. I am also learning a lot from the contributors in this community.

It is my plan to capture all the" mistakes" I have made on this project and fix what I can. Please continue to share your observations.

Will do...and you're doing a fantastic job. I'm really enjoying this series.

gYH2mW9.png

The New Jersey Generals were the "glamour" franchise of the league.

They had the big stars like Hershel Walker and Doug Flutie and the money of Donald Trump, but they never won a playoff game.

Ultimately, it was Trump that destroyed the league because of his desire to compete directly with the NFL.

USFL_NewJerseyGenerals_revo_v2.png

The Washington Federals played at RFK Stadium. During their two seasons of existence, they won a total of seven games. In 1983 they wore all white helmets. In 1984 they switched to silver.

USFL_WashingtonFederals_revo_v2.png

The Washington Federals played at RFK Stadium. During their two seasons of existence, they won a total of seven games. In 1983 they wore all white helmets. In 1984 they switched to silver.

USFL_WashingtonFederals_revo_v2.png

Looks good. I've seen several images online that look as though the star may have been silver on the white-shelled helmet and the logo would have a silver outline. Also, it appears that the stripe pattern may have been black-green-black on the white shell and then reversed later to green-black-green on the silver shell. I'm assuming the concept above is the white shell. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If it's not and it's the silver, I think it may work better in a darker shade.

UPDATE: Here are 2 pics from the Interwebs of supposed "game-worn" Federals helmets.

54933_44_dt.jpg

White Auction Link

54934_44_dt.jpg

Silver Auction Link

gYH2mW9.png

After two losing seasons in DC, the Washington Federals franchise was relocated to Orlando and renamed the Renegades. They played one season (1985) and were coached by Lee Corso. The Renegades were one of 8 teams selected to continue operations when the USFL elected to switch to a fall schedule in 1986, but the entire league collapsed before any fall games were played.

USFL_OrlandoRenegades_revo_v2.png

Archived